ADVERTISEMENT

Absolute shitshow

I just turned it on before three Rutgers slam dunks and a loose ball hustle that added two. Down by 20,...to Rutgers. Get me out of this bizarro world.

Last edited:
How much more does Dolson have to see? My god, the results, the (lack of) effort, 3 and 4 year guys this coach brought in who’ve not improved a lick, horrible shooters across the board, blowing 5 home games, lack of execution by an inept, unimaginative offense. What else??

How much more does Dolson have to see? My god, the results, the (lack of) effort, 3 and 4 year guys this coach brought in who’ve not improved a lick, horrible shooters across the board, blowing 5 home games, lack of execution by an inept, unimaginative offense. What else??

Well, it all worked at Dayton. But that was/is Miller's limit. Peter Principle personified.

Damn if Al doesn’t have this random great game if 17 points and his usual dud..we would have lost by 30-40

Oh it will be different. Without TJD, it will be MUCH different.

Honestly, the way next year is looking, is there 2 or 3 offensive or defensive linemen that we can just throw in the paint to take up space and rough ppl up a bit. Caleb Jones is 6'8 and 362 and lettered in BB at Lawrence North. There's a couple 6'7 OLs that maybe we throw in there too. Obviously I'm kind of joking but if TJD is gone next year, what do we have left to put in the paint?

I know Justin Smith was hurt but he's ~12PPG+ average. He had a double double tonight with 12 Rebs. He had his critics here but his leaving should also factor into a change.

Honestly, the way next year is looking, is there 2 or 3 offensive or defensive linemen that we can just throw in the paint to take up space and rough ppl up a bit. Caleb Jones is 6'8 and 362 and lettered in BB at Lawrence North. There's a couple 6'7 OLs that maybe we throw in there too. Obviously I'm kind of joking but if TJD is gone next year, what do we have left to put in the paint?

I know Justin Smith was hurt but he's ~12PPG+ average. He had a double double tonight with 12 Rebs. He had his critics here but his leaving should also factor into a change.
apparently our problems go much deeper than Justin and Devonte. Or Romeo. We're running out of former players to blame.

I'm glad that more people are recognizing the train wreck that is the Archie Miller era of IU basketball for what it is. But I have to say that it frustrates me that it's taken a lot of people as long as it has. What we're watching out there is nothing new.

Patience is a virtue. I agree with that. And most who know me in my personal and professional life will tell you that I'm among the most patient people they know. But patience has to be paired with tangible progress, even if it's tempered by setbacks (as it always is). And, even then, it has its limits. The best fishermen know when it's time to cut bait and move to other waters.

Wasn't it WC Fields who said “If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.”

I got so much crap on the Peegs forum and was banned from Btown Banners for criticizing Archie. Turns out I was right the entire time!

I'm glad that more people are recognizing the train wreck that is the Archie Miller era of IU basketball for what it is. But I have to say that it frustrates me that it's taken a lot of people as long as it has. What we're watching out there is nothing new.

Patience is a virtue. I agree with that. And most who know me in my personal and professional life will tell you that I'm among the most patient people they know. But patience has to be paired with tangible progress, even if it's tempered by setbacks (as it always is). And, even then, it has its limits. The best fishermen know when it's time to cut bait and move to other waters.

Wasn't it WC Fields who said “If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.”
Yeah, recruiting is all but dead if he comes back. He's not getting an extension by any means. I think 1 sign that they might pull the trigger is that IU is "planning" for some degree of normalcy this Fall. Which, means they're hopeful of selling tickets again, but to watch the shit show that will be or hear the boos? I don't think so, if he loses out, they may make a move. Coming back next year would be like a full year of the last days of Crean, certainly they know that, we all do

Thoughts on CAM and the program.

1. I thought it was reasonable to give CAM 4 years to see what he could do. Obviously it hasn’t worked out. It appears being the IU coach is biting off more than he can chew. For whatever reason, it is not working.
2. I saw where there was some debate about whether IU should make it to the tourney with a sub .500 conference record. I fall on the side of absolutely not. Aside from extenuating circumstances, mediocrity should not be rewarded with a NCAA birth. I don’t care how good the Big Ten is. There are plenty of other schools who deserve a shot over an IU or some other Power 5 school with a sub .500 record.
3. The next thing I will say will surely rub some people the wrong way. If CAM is still coach next year (which I think is highly likely), then don’t go to the games. I normally go to 2-3 high profile games a year. Archie and his team’s performance have me very apathetic about IU hoops. Assembly Hall with poor attendance will not be accepted by any AD, BOT, president of a university, etc.....

Change is needed. We all want IU to be great again which might be asking too much. But expecting us to be a very competitive program should be a given.

I wish CAM and the team good luck the rest of the way.

apparently our problems go much deeper than Justin and Devonte. Or Romeo. We're running out of former players to blame.
[/QU
you're forgetting how awesome we are now that we've gotten the toxic players out of the locker room.... Jeesh... at least Devonte could generate some excitement every game or 5

Reactions: Radio Zero
Yeah, recruiting is all but dead if he comes back. He's not getting an extension by any means. I think 1 sign that they might pull the trigger is that IU is "planning" for some degree of normalcy this Fall. Which, means they're hopeful of selling tickets again, but to watch the shit show that will be or hear the boos? I don't think so, if he loses out, they may make a move. Coming back next year would be like a full year of the last days of Crean, certainly they know that, we all do
my season tickets next year ought to be worth the price of a gumball.

I suspect the locker room was no birthday party after the game last night. At least, there had better be a few pissed off individuals.
I bet it wasn’t different from the post game following a loss. The body language from various players is telling. Not saying they don’t care, but they look resigned to their fate of another season in the bottom half of the conference and a quiet, uneventful Selection Sunday.

I just turned it on before three Rutgers slam dunks and a loose ball hustle that added two. Down by 20,...to Rutgers. Get me out of this bizarro world.
Does it still count as bizarro world if Rutgers has won 5 of the last 6 against Indiana?

Does it still count as bizarro world if Rutgers has won 5 of the last 6 against Indiana?
Yes, quintuple Bizarro world. Such a low point losing to an abominated inferior program that the coach should have been fired after losing the first time. I mean Rutgers has been to the tourney 2x in 30 years, if that's not a failure indicator, what is? There are few tragedies I can think of as bad as losing to Rutgers 5/6 games, a real gutter indicator. Like getting COVID twice I'd bet.

Reactions: IUgradman and mk23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT