ADVERTISEMENT

About the game last night . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
. . . remind me why we got out of the zone defense, you know, the 2-3 zone that had allowed us to get back into the game for a while. Did GA Tech expose/exploit that at some point? If so, I was paying too much attention to this board during the game to notice . . . .

. . . remind me why we got out of the zone defense, you know, the 2-3 zone that had allowed us to get back into the game for a while. Did GA Tech expose/exploit that at some point? If so, I was paying too much attention to this board during the game to notice . . . .

To be honest I couldn't tell what they were doing on D ... wide open 3's for GT. I thought one of the changing points of the game was taking out Jones, Green, Morgan for Blackmon Jr, Newkirk and Johnson.

You didn't switch over to The Americans?

"What difference, at this point, does it make?"

Don't you feel like a great weight is just about to be lifted off our shoulders? I'm hopeful that, soon enough, all of this will be behind us, we'll have something to which we can look forward and the fan-base will be united and enthusiastic. Now, I'll temper this with the ever-present thought/belief that if any administration/AD can botch this opportunity it's the one now residing in Bloomington. But blind squirrels and nuts and all that.

Meanwhile, we spent most of the second half connecting with our eldest, who is the only press person on Tillerson's plane to Asia. Good stuff is sure to follow....

It was time.

microsoft-excel-03.jpg

Yea...how did that game work out for all you guys who decided to watch it... Did iu kill it? How many turnovers? Good D? Did Crean announce his departure?

sigh ...

He doesn't use spreadsheets. Spreadsheets are for analytics based coaches like Brad Stevens. Crean is not an analytics based coach. He's a salesman, they use power point, not excel.

Those 8.5" x 11" blue cards he reads, that sit next to his diet coke on the scorers bench don't look like Excel spreadsheets either. ... LOL

Reactions: T.M.P.
You didn't switch over to The Americans?

Don't you feel like a great weight is just about to be lifted off our shoulders?

Has Crean parted ways with IU yet? If so, I haven't heard the news . . .

. . . so, in answer to your question, "no". :(

Good lord you can be depressing at times.

Any part of that untrue?

What I saw is what we've seen far too often. You could wrap up a tape of the game as a present for someone and tell the recipient: "This is all you need to see to get an idea of the body of work for these past nine years."

Reactions: C_Point
Turnover Tom #344 in Turnovers out of 351 teams. That is not acceptable for the 7th highest paid coach. He should be paid #344 money. Maybe at a directional MAC school. Eastern/Central/Western Michigan, go back home to Michigan

Reactions: OrlandoRaider

I figure it was cause we completely blew assignments, had 4 guys reaching for a steal leaving half the court open... 3pts. Then once we got down Crean didn't want GT burning 25 seconds before for they burned us again with some simple cutting and screening. At least that was my take.

Any part of that untrue?

What I saw is what we've seen far too often. You could wrap up a tape of the game as a present for someone and tell the recipient: "This is all you need to see to get an idea of the body of work for these past nine years."

They played so tight and befuddled. Yep, that's IU's M.O. under Crean.

Meanwhile, we spent most of the second half connecting with our eldest, who is the only press person on Tillerson's plane to Asia. Good stuff is sure to follow....
IJR? Got a writeup on a major web news site.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT