ADVERTISEMENT

Abandon All Hope

OK . . . don't forget that I asked it though. It is in the back of my mind . . . I can't dismiss it out of hand like you have.

Well it’s your scenario so I wouldn’t expect you to dismiss it out of hand. However you are clearly in tin foil hat territory. Trumps actions so far are incompatible with your thesis, especially as he has lessened White House meddling in the military, not increased it. In fact, Trump has decreased POTUS influence in a number of areas.

However you are clearly in tin foil hat territory.
I acknowledge that this is the case. The question is why am I in tin foil hat territory? Is it because I'm crazy? Or perhaps it is as Wendell Berry said:

To be sane in a mad time is bad for the brain, worse for the heart.

I acknowledge that this is the case. The question is why am I in tin foil hat territory? Is it because I'm crazy? Or perhaps it is as Wendell Berry said:

Yep. And the “mad time” led by all those whose heads have exploded over his election. As I have said, his tweets, his seemingly impulsive firings, his crazy comments and his sexual escapades, will all be forgotten 10 years after he leaves office, but his regulatory and tax reform will endure, his rebuilding the military will be a game changer, and he has a potential to change the shape of relations with others in the world for the better.

The legacy that worries me is the precedent-setting special counsel who has the ability to take down a POTUS because of political disagreements and an abrupt personality. No more peaceful transition of power for America. See Dershowitz.

Some people knew Hitler was crazy before the fact. Maybe the question is, what do you know? Your fears are presumably based on the notion of not wanting history to happen that we will never want to repeat.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT