ADVERTISEMENT

A really fair take from Bill Maher - and I get he's become polarizing but I don't see how any objective person can't see what he sees

"pretty far left" is now Europe? I figured Communism or other planned economies used to be "pretty far left".
It’s obviously subjective, but I consider most of Europe very far left and the U.S. far left. I just base it on government expenditures. When you include state governments, governments spending is close to 40% of GDP and closer to 50% in some blue states. Governments controlling 50% of capital is pretty far left in my opinion.

When does it become another form of slavery or version of communism? 70%? 80%? I don’t have an answer to those questions, but at some point we’re splitting hairs when the government controls almost all the capital.

Reactions: DANC and ribbont
It’s obviously subjective, but I consider most of Europe very far left and the U.S. far left. I just base it on government expenditures. When you include state governments, governments spending is close to 40% of GDP and closer to 50% in some blue states. Governments controlling 50% of capital is pretty far left in my opinion.

When does it become another form of slavery or version of communism? 70%? 80%? I don’t have an answer to those questions, but at some point we’re splitting hairs when the government controls almost all the capital.
To be clear: you're saying that if you don't own the capital, you are close to being a slave?

May I introduce you to my friend, Ernest EverHARD? I think you'll like him: man of the people, rippling muscles, the neck of a prize fighter. And oh, that sweet, sweet clarion call of his voice . . .

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
Are you OK with crimes being committed? You ask why would you be OK with crimes, but the current Democrat party seems to be OK with it, starting at the border. And if you support the Dems, then you are allowing for it to happen.

And I understand that voting for a candidate does not mean you agree with every position. But law, order, and public safety is pretty much the main responsibility if government. So to overlook the what the Dems have been and are doing regarding law, order, and public safety means a voter for Dems IS OK with crimes being committed.

Yeah, clearly it's all the dems fault with the border.

I love your one size fits all narrative. Keep it up.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Hardly.

It's what's known as an Informed opinion.
Hardly. It's called falsely believing your opinion means more than shit ;)

Reading a bunch of biased propaganda doesn't make your opinion correctly informed. Just the same as you don't think my informed opinion means much.

Last edited:

Yeah, clearly it's all the dems fault with the border.

I love your one size fits all narrative. Keep it up.

So you decided to ignore the whole post to focus on 200k of immigrants using a legal program NOT to let them in the country but to allow them NOT to be deportrd vs. 10M+ of illegal entries? Good grief.

And the one size fits all narrative is accurate. Dems are softer on crime, with the border as the greatest example. And do you approve of the handling of the border and crime by the Biden administration and Dems? This is what you want?

To be clear: you're saying that if you don't own the capital, you are close to being a slave?
If the government controls 10% of capital? No. If government controls a 100%? Yes. So….sort of saying it.
May I introduce you to my friend, Ernest EverHARD? I think you'll like him: man of the people, rippling muscles, the neck of a prize fighter. And oh, that sweet, sweet clarion call of his voice . . .
Is that the name for a penis? I’m afraid to type it into my search browser.

Nobody is at 70-80% at a federal level (and remember we're federalism through and through, many country's "state" expenditures are exceedingly low).

The link below is interesting. Not saying you're right or wrong (we'd need a longer discussion and inebrients) but I don't think there' s a lot of countries with expenditures as a % of GDP lower than the US where you'd like to live. Just sayin.

Also, most of the "developed/western" world is at or above the US.

Reactions: snarlcakes
Nobody is at 70-80% at a federal level (and remember we're federalism through and through, many country's "state" expenditures are exceedingly low).

The link below is interesting. Not saying you're right or wrong (we'd need a longer discussion and inebrients) but I don't think there' s a lot of countries with expenditures as a % of GDP lower than the US where you'd like to live. Just sayin.

You shouldn’t have shown me this. I dislike Europeans even more. The only bright spot is the Irish.

All joking aside, I’m not sure where I would move. El Salvador would be my top choice, but that’s driven by Bitcoin. If I had endless money it might be Paris or Dubai. The money I do have, probably a place like Thailand, El Salvador, or Caribbean island.

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU

Our government has no business spending money for which the Constitution has not plainly spelled out. I laugh when liberals/progressives want more funding for the arts or abortion but as soon as the subject of military spending comes up they get in a hissy fit. Yet the military is spelled out in the Constitution. We should demand our government does less and not more.

Our government has no business spending money for which the Constitution has not plainly spelled out. I laugh when liberals/progressives want more funding for the arts or abortion but as soon as the subject of military spending comes up they get in a hissy fit. Yet the military is spelled out in the Constitution. We should demand our government does less and not more.
But the money spent on arts and abortion (which isn't a thing other than through the lens of healthcare) is a pittance compared to SS and Medicare. If you want to argue the Constitution you should argue those.

So you decided to ignore the whole post to focus on 200k of immigrants using a legal program NOT to let them in the country but to allow them NOT to be deportrd vs. 10M+ of illegal entries? Good grief.

And the one size fits all narrative is accurate. Dems are softer on crime, with the border as the greatest example. And do you approve of the handling of the border and crime by the Biden administration and Dems? This is what you want?

Do I think we should do something about the boarder... yeah.

Maybe we'll get some bipartisan deal that would help out.... oh wait. That already happened and was killed.

My dad use to tell me don't let good be the enemy of perfect. People should think about that sometimes.

Maybe we'll get some bipartisan deal that would help out.... oh wait. That already happened and was killed.

My dad use to tell me don't let good be the enemy of perfect. People should think about that sometimes.
Or look at the actions Biden took after taking office and make certain we don’t make that mistake again. No thought. All virtue signaling

Reactions: jet812 and DANC

A conservative wrote the bill, which was supported by border patrol (who are generally made up of more conservatives). Trump was able to both kill the bill and get his followers to actually believe it was bad for the border.

That's about as absolute power over party as it gets.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
I’m not the least bit surprised that your wife thought of me when naming your penis. Tell her I said “Hi.”
I’ll bet she’s got about 10-15 other names for it as well.
CVNWEzubQAfIivcVEF.webp

Are you OK with crimes being committed? You ask why would you be OK with crimes, but the current Democrat party seems to be OK with it, starting at the border. And if you support the Dems, then you are allowing for it to happen.

And I understand that voting for a candidate does not mean you agree with every position. But law, order, and public safety is pretty much the main responsibility if government. So to overlook the what the Dems have been and are doing regarding law, order, and public safety means a voter for Dems IS OK with crimes being committed.
Hey you gave up caring about law and order when you voted and continue to support a criminal. Family values? Gave up that one long ago.

Hey you gave up caring about law and order when you voted and continue to support a criminal. Family values? Gave up that one long ago.
Trump has done wonders illustrating how shallow rooted these supposed values really are.

lol. Less? Then get out of women’s’ bodies. LGBTQ affairs, and everything else Republicans are trying to regulate. They are asking for more government, not less.

But let’s at least be accurate. Trump made it a priority and the numbers under trump vs Biden are significantly less. Then biden came in reversed policies and the numbers skyrocketed

Yeah, they are significantly less, but if we're being truly accurate, every year up until the covid year, numbers increased every year at the boarder while Trump was president, so it's not like he was doing an amazing job.

Yeah, they are significantly less, but if we're being truly accurate, every year up until the covid year, numbers increased every year at the boarder while Trump was president, so it's not like he was doing an amazing job.
The only thing Trump did differently was separate children from their families for a while until blowback made him reverse course.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
The only thing Trump did differently was separate children from their families for a while until blowback made him reverse course.
@Baller23Boogie grover lies to try and shill for Dems. He really should be banned from the board bc he is either mentally deficient or posts exclusively in bad faith.

You can look up Biden’s actions after taking office on the wall and emergency dec, remain in Mexico, title 42, pacr/harp, asylum coop agreements etc. Then compare the numbers

We talk a lot about the border and little about deportation. Yes the Trump levels of border crossing were unacceptable, also yes, they were of course preferable to what we see now. I have faith Trump can get them down to levels matching if not better than his first term.

But the Trump administration if they get in, are promising the largest deportation operation in history. Color me skeptical. I don't doubt their will, I don't doubt they will have smart people on the job. But such an operation is nearly impossible without massive cooperation with state and local governments. Martial law would likely be required. It will be a PR disaster (not a huge deal since it will be Trump's 2nd term).

How do you realistically go about deporting 10+ million illegal aliens mostly harbored in sanctuary jurisdictions. If anyone can find a way, it's Stephen Miller. We're going to need some hard, mean mother****ers in there to get this done.

Reactions: jet812
We talk a lot about the border and little about deportation. Yes the Trump levels of border crossing were unacceptable, also yes, they were of course preferable to what we see now. I have faith Trump can get them down to levels matching if not better than his first term.

But the Trump administration if they get in, are promising the largest deportation operation in history. Color me skeptical. I don't doubt their will, I don't doubt they will have smart people on the job. But such an operation is nearly impossible without massive cooperation with state and local governments. Martial law would likely be required. It will be a PR disaster (not a huge deal since it will be Trump's 2nd term).

How do you realistically go about deporting 10+ million illegal aliens mostly harbored in sanctuary jurisdictions. If anyone can find a way, it's Stephen Miller. We're going to need some hard, mean mother****ers in there to get this done.
images

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT