ADVERTISEMENT

8 kids wounded in the KC shooting.

there are plenty of guns on the street to be had and black kids don't care about legislation and don't have mental health problems. it's a cultural and economic matter. get rid of black gun violence and we'd barely have an issue
I disagree with you that a lot of these black kids don't have mental health problems. They most assuredly do. It's probably caused by severe or repeated trauma of one kind or another, though, and not the type typically associated with chemical imbalances/biology/genetics (although those are obviously involved, too).

Here's one paper discussing some of the relatively recent research on this issue:

I disagree with you that a lot of these black kids don't have mental health problems. They most assuredly do. It's probably caused by severe or repeated trauma of one kind or another, though, and not the type typically associated with chemical imbalances/biology/genetics (although those are obviously involved, too).
I read that 5 percent of the nation’s 14 yr olds are in a gang. There are one million ish juvenile gang members. I agree that some have mental health problems but I’m not sure I’d say a lot under the dsm etc. guessing. I think they think it’s cool. Gives them status power friends.

Reactions: DANC
which part are you doubting?

If in regards to how the people get their guns, then seems believable to me. In the shootings I have read about, it seems like the person generally either gets their gun at a store and passed a background check or gets the gun from their parents or relative who didn't have it properly locked up. Of course, that isn't evidence of much because I don't read about most of the shootings but I don't find that part to be unbelievable.
Wow, you speak with such authority! Lmao

And that the majority of guns used in mass shootings are AR-15s. I doubt both of the things he said are actually what the data shows.
You have to understand that his mindset when he hears "mass shooting" is that the shooter is a psycho, white, and armed with an AR-15. Anything that doesn't fit that mold is not a mass shooting in his world view.

You have to understand that his mindset when he hears "mass shooting" is that the shooter is a psycho, white, and armed with an AR-15. Anything that doesn't fit that mold is not a mass shooting in his world view.

dumb

Except you have been repeatedly provided with links that prove you're wrong. Yet you keep doubling down. Why?
It’s the case with every topic with him. Blockhead

Reactions: DANC and jet812
Pretty soon mass shootings won't even be front page worthy. We're becoming numb. It's what's happens when we collectively just keep point out the aftermath but never even attempt to solve the problems before they happen.

Do we need stricter gun control? Maybe. Dems think so. But Dems have controlled both Congress and the white before and did nothing to address gun control. Is it a mental health crisis in this country? Maybe. GOP thinks to. But have also controlled the government before and bubkiss on mental health.
They already aren’t front page news unless it’s a white guy with a gun. The minute it’s a transgendered person or someone other than a white it’s moved on from - quickly.

Was this ever on the front page?

Yea. Hillbilly hunters are killing other hillbillies cuz of disrespect bro. Gang members don’t give a shit about your gun laws!
I guess you do not kno about the mass shooting of black people ex Buffaloe and SouthCarolina and Florida

there have been 25 murders so far this year here. 20 black deaths. 5 white deaths. every suspect is black. every one. not one white, not one hispanic, not one asian. all black. harris, biden, cori bush, the dems of hte mayors of the most dangerous cities will never ask for accountability. they'll say guns are a problem, or economics, but we won't hear them say we have a problem with black youth in america. that's the problem. black youth stop shooting people we don't really have a gun problem in the us
Sir ,I do not know where you get your information but you are wrong. All of the mass killings, fathers killing there whole families. White folks kill too. Its just not black people.

White households also have 50% chance of having a firearm compared to 32% for black an 21% Hispanic.

The people who own the most firearms commit the least amount of firearm homicides by orders of magnitude.

So anyone trying to pin stuff on the NRA or Rednecks or MAGA is selling you a bill of goods.

Here's an idea. Democrats are clamoring for gun control legislation. Pass a federal ten year minimum sentence for anyone who commits a crime in unlawful possession of a firearm.
And no bail while they await trial for crimes where they are accused of using a firearm.

Reactions: DANC
Just change the definition until it sort of supports your assertion, I guess. Handguns are the most commonly used weapon in mass shootings as mass shootings are generally defined. This is a fact.
You are absolutely correct, as my link proved, clearly. You attack me for agreeing with you.

It is also absolutely a fact that the very worst mass shootings, in terms of high body count, are much more likely to involve an AR15 than a handgun. How any intelligent person cannot fathom this is indeed puzzling.

You are absolutely correct, as my link proved, clearly. You attack me for agreeing with you.

It is also absolutely a fact that the very worst mass shootings, in terms of high body count, are much more likely to involve an AR15 than a handgun. How any intelligent person cannot fathom this is indeed puzzling.
What do you think killers would use if they didn't have semi auto rifles?

Ever heard of the:
Virginia Tech shootings
Lubys massacre
Fort Hood
Washington Navy Yard
Edmond Post office

Just to name a few.

You already posted one yesterday that was a fake. You seem very eager for one of the shooters to be an immigrant. Almost as eager as you all portend the left wants it to be a MAGA. It’s all stupid. It doesn’t matter who it is. It’s too easy to get weapons that kill people in this country. And no one seems concerned enough to attempt a solution.
Because there is no solution.

Reactions: Willdog7

Ever heard of the:
Virginia Tech shootings
Lubys massacre
Fort Hood
Washington Navy Yard
Edmond Post office

Just to name a few.

They could make it harder to get a gun. Who shoot deer with an AR-15.?

Ever heard of the:
Virginia Tech shootings
Lubys massacre
Fort Hood
Washington Navy Yard
Edmond Post office

Just to name a few.

Sure there is.

We need to profile, we need stop and frisk, we need to stop thinking black on black criminal justice leniency is an answer to black on black street violence., we need to impose strict sentencing rules for gun crimes, we need to enforce Juvie gun carry laws etc. Once we start this, then we can focus on root causes like absent fathers and crappy education.

But we cannot curb the street gun violence like we see every single day in every large urban area with pablum like universal background checks and other measures to make it harder for bubba to buy a gun.

Mass shootings using semi-auto weapons is a different problem. For this we need to repeal immunity laws. We need to treat semi-auto weapons differently at point of sale than, say, a .22 or shotgun. We need better access to mental health and other records of violent tendency specific to semi-auto weapon transaction. We need different regulations for high velocity ammo transactions than we have for .22 ammo.

There are lots of things to be done if we aren’t blinkered by ideology.

Sure there is.

We need to profile, we need stop and frisk, we need to stop thinking black on black criminal justice leniency is an answer to black on black street violence., we need to impose strict sentencing rules for gun crimes, we need to enforce Juvie gun carry laws etc. Once we start this, then we can focus on root causes like absent fathers and crappy education.

But we cannot curb the street gun violence like we see every single day in every large urban area with pablum like universal background checks and other measures to make it harder for bubba to buy a gun.

Mass shootings using semi-auto weapons is a different problem. For this we need to repeal immunity laws. We need to treat semi-auto weapons differently at point of sale than, say, a .22 or shotgun. We need better access to mental health and other records of violent tendency specific to semi-auto weapon transaction. We need different regulations for high velocity ammo transactions than we have for .22 ammo.

There are lots of things to be done if we aren’t blinkered by ideology.
Your thinking Sir is so one-sided. Why dont you just say black people should not have a gun. The constitutional right to have a gun does not include black people. You Sir just sound like trump, trying to take aay all the gains and rights black people have gain since 1964.

Biden literally fought desegregation.
Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News

It's probably both. There is definitely a concerted effort to stop reporting black-on-black crime or even use that term. For what it's worth, there is an underlying idea here (class based) that I find useful, while not agreeing with the use of the terms "white supremacy" or "systemic racism."

Black on Black crime is a symptom of systemic racism.

The issue of Black-On-Black crime is often pinned on Black people. The logic is that “Maybe if you guys just stopped killing each other, the problem would end.” What people don’t stop to think about is the root of Black-On-Black crime. Black people killing each other at high rates is a direct output of white supremacy. Crime is a result of socio-economic status, meaning that if you are poor, you are more likely to commit a crime. Black people are one of the two racial groups with the highest poverty rates, along with Native Americans. In the 1960s, because of white supremacist ideals, all white-schools were given more funding than schools of color. Even after legal segregation in schools ending, even today, research shows that “School Districts where the majority of students enrolled are students of color receive $23 billion less in education funding than predominantly white school districts.” If you live in a low-income neighborhood and go to an underfunded school with unqualified and underpaid teachers, you’ll be less inclined to pay attention and more inclined to drop out. Without an education, you’ll be less likely to get a job. Without a job and living in poverty, that person may then resort to petty crimes like selling drugs in order to earn money. That may start them on a path to committing more violent crimes. Even if they do decide to turn their life around, what’s their chance of being hired after committing a violent crime? This is a vicious cycle originally created by the oppressor that has killed millions of Black people. Black people didn’t start this problem, so why is it always blamed on us? Instead of wagging the finger at Black people, we should instead focus on the problem, not the people.

To conclude, it is very disappointing to see people subscribe to the Black-On-Black crime narrative, especially Black people. We need to analyze how this language is used as a divisive tactic to make us turn against each other. Both police brutality and Black-on-Black crime are the results of the same monsters: white supremacy and systematic racism. Instead of blaming each other, let’s get to the root of the problem and continue fighting for the end of systemic racism.

Also, this, which shows the media thinks about how its reporting race in mass shootings and worried about reenforcing negative stereotypes about black people:

Consistency in the portrayal of mass shooters across different races​

Another ethical issue is the differential treatment in American journalists’ portrayal of mass shooters. A number of news research studies have been focused on this and point to the risk of reporters either reinforcing stereotypes when shooters are people of color, or downplaying legitimate risks when the shooters are white.

In one study released this year, media researchers Mohamad Hamas Elmasry and Mohammed el-Nawawy analyzed Los Angeles Times’ and New York Times’ coverage of mass shootings in Las Vegas in 2017 and Orlando in 2016. In Las Vegas, the perpetrator was a white, non-Muslim American. In Orlando it was an American Muslim of Afghani origin. (Can a Non-Muslim Mass Shooter Be a “Terrorist”?: A Comparative Content Analysis of the Las Vegas and Orlando Shootings)

• “The Muslim perpetrator was called a ‘terrorist’ in about 38% of articles about the Orlando shooting. The non-Muslim perpetrator was labeled a ‘terrorist’ in 5% of articles about the Las Vegas shooting.”
  • “Meanwhile, about 55% of articles focusing on the Orlando massacre described the perpetrator as a ‘gunman,’ compared with more than 80% of articles about the Las Vegas killings.”
The researchers warned that when journalists downplay white male identity in violent crimes, it may “prevent the public’s learning about the potential threat of white male shooters.”

In another wider study of news articles, researchers Scott Duxbury, Laura Frizell, and Sade Lindsay, writing in the Journal of Research in Crime and Delinquency, found that white or Latino shooters were much more likely to receive the mental illness frame than black perpetrators. (Mental Illness, the Media, and the Moral Politics of Mass Violence: The Role of Race in Mass Shootings Coverage.)

• “The odds that white shooters will receive the mental illness frame are roughly 19 times greater than the odds for black shooters,” Scott Duxbury and his colleagues wrote.
  • “The odds that a Latino shooter will receive the mental illness frame are roughly 12 times greater when compared to blacks.”
  • “White shooters framed as mentally ill were also shown as suffering from extreme life circumstances, and almost never when the shooter was black. When black shooters received the mental illness frame, they did not receive a testament to their good character, nor did the reporters claim the shooting was out of character.”
The score: On this front, the score on progress is again unclear. The studies pointing to the problems themselves are recent and more studies are going to be needed to identify changes in reporters’ frames.
One of the saddest experiences in my life was when I was working with a black car salesman and he told me his daughter had been killed in a domestic dispute. He said there was no doubt who did it - the girl's step-father, I think - this guy's ex-wife's husband. The guy was 'convicted', but spent little or no time in jail.

When I expressed disbelief, he shrugged and said "Black on black crime". I felt for that guy. There was no justice in his case and basically it was because his was just another in an unending line of "black on black" crime that our society ignores. Basically turns a blind eye and says "Glad it's not my problem".

I think the US should fund programs that would identify at-risk kids very early in their lives and making sure their role models aren't drug dealers and gangsters. If that means taking them away from their parents, then so be it.

Reactions: BradStevens
I believe that only in part. Economics gives rise to it but there is a cultural element unique to the black community that exacerbates and promotes violence. 150,000 blacks in Stl will murder as many people as two million people in West Virginia. I’ve spent considerable time in West Virginia. They are living worse in many communities than north Stl. So poor it’s hard to conceive. Al Sharpton Harris and cori bush and the rest (mayors of these cities) will rarely demand accountability from the black community. Only shift blame
Even during the Depression, there was not the crime there is today.

lol. I don’t care enough to go back and find the name , the date, whatever. I listen to tons. Like I care if you think I’m lying? I’ll somehow push on and survive the trauma.
So you're just blowing smoke out of your a##, as usual.

Reactions: jet812 and ulrey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT