ADVERTISEMENT

5 Player Suspension History

steelyvan

Junior
Aug 2, 2003
Anyone remember when a P5 program had a mid-season, tourney bid on the line 5 player suspension?
Im drawing a blank prolly cause im too angry to think.

Anyone remember when a P5 program had a mid-season, tourney bid on the line 5 player suspension?
Don’t recall something like that happening. Those idiots really let the team down. Hope we can still pull it out, but the guys on the floor should get the benefit of the doubt for starting roles even after the suspension is lifted. Pathetic.

The 1978-1979 IU team had five players suspended before the first ever Alaska Shootout. Believe Woodson was actually one of the five.

IU lost 2 of 3 games to some bad teams and missed the tournament.
3 got kicked off the team-Baker,Cox and another guy. Smoking weed.

Me too.

I do talk solace in that longer term this is a good move for the program. Cannot think of another P5 program that would be this stand up.

No I have seen maybe a three player suspension in the pre season but never this late in the year and never with the season riding on it. But it is so IU to have this happen.

Don’t recall something like that happening. Those idiots really let the team down. Hope we can still pull it out, but the guys on the floor should get the benefit of the doubt for starting roles even after the suspension is lifted. Pathetic.
I would be fine if those five never played again this year at this point honestly. We likely are not making he ncaa anyway so let them sit.

I would be fine if those five never played again this year at this point honestly. We likely are not making he ncaa anyway so let them sit.
I agree. I am guessing some of these guys will get more than others as this seems to be more than a first offense by at least 1 of these guys. But, I trust Woody’s decision on this. Kids make mistakes, but if they won’t respond to the carrot and then the stick, then they need to be kicked.

Reactions: kkott and mk24
Can we just find out the severity of what they did before we jump off that bridge? If it is a one game sit out...we know it wasn't bad.

Reactions: MG80

can't imagine making a comment like that without knowing what they did, so please, fill us in.

enquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: Brockway
I don’t know the background of what they did. However, I support having standards and expectations within our program. I’m sure the players were aware of the rules before they did what they wanted. Woodson doesn’t strike me as an unreasonable person, rather I think he understands the bigger picture.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT