ADVERTISEMENT

$4.50 for a dozen eggs here in rural Kentucky

That's why it's only 6 a week.

My real drug of choice in beverage form is coffee. I have a mild addiction, meaning I can drink coffee til about 9 pm and fall asleep no problem.
Even though my family doc, wife and gastroenterologist told me to quit, I drink a tall Pepsi watching tv in bed nearly every night and fall fast asleep. Love the burn.

Reactions: larsIU
We actually have quite a few here in my area; Southern Indiana. Some are close to us, and not a hassle to get to. Also have family that gives us veggies, from the farm, or garden. Friends as well.

When I actually buy meats, its usually from a family that were good friends with my grandfather. Decent prices.
do you work Borden? have your wages gone up the last 4 years? Biden has done better controlling inflation than every other country in the developed world.

I can afford it, the fact that 20% on what it use to cost is about the equivalent to 10% of the cost now. That last statement wasn't very nice, do you speak from experience? Good thing I don't get Mayo on anything.
So why would you screw over the server when they have no control over the cost? That's the only person you're hurting, and if they do a good job and you give 10% then you're a human piece of shit.

Same here...Always waiting for sales. I used to get frustrated with my wife, and the coupon thingy---or using our Kroger card; both are a life saver now. I shop only at Kroger, because it also helps me with gas; got 50 cents off today, due to our Kroger points.

I awlays, or usually wait for Kroger to have their "buy2 get 3 free", on 12 packs. Great deal. Getting 5, 12 packs, for $20 bucks.

Havent bought from the deli in a long time. And rarely by any type of meats---unless on sale. Nothing named brand. All Kroger brands.

Its depressing when you spend $90+, and can literally fit the bags in the seat next to you.
My wife knows when food is expensive. I’ve never really paid attention to food prices. If I need to food I need food. Is it expensive yeah. But the prices have gone up every year since I was a kid. Snickers used to be a nickel. Now almost $2. I like Snicker so I’m gonna pay. When I was still working for my Fortune 200 company, they would raise prices every year even during a recession or worse in 2008-2010 when the world was in the tank. I didn’t like it especially when a lot of employees (65,000) were getting 1-2% raises and they raised prices by 6-7%. I was fortunate enough to be getting more because of my performance. But I wasn’t allowed to give my team what I felt they deserved. Glad to have taken another position in the company where I had responsibility for only myself.

Yes, in a crowd of 10s of thousands, 1500 is a minority.

Didn't they teach math in B-school?
Those were so far the only ones arrested and I think convicted. I don’t think I’ve heard how many actually broke the law. Nothing like watching patriotic Americans beating the hell out of law enforcement officers. I’m sure the Proud Boys were just there for the beer.

"Two drinks"

2g10fr.jpg
Hey doc what do you make of two beers a night? WhyisIUBBcursed

do you work Borden? have your wages gone up the last 4 years? Biden has done better controlling inflation than every other country in the developed world.
those other countries shouldn't have to deal with bidenflation in the first place. We caused their pain by voting in that imbecile (sarcasm).

My wife knows when food is expensive. I’ve never really paid attention to food prices. If I need to food I need food. Is it expensive yeah. But the prices have gone up every year since I was a kid. Snickers used to be a nickel. Now almost $2. I like Snicker so I’m gonna pay. When I was still working for my Fortune 200 company, they would raise prices every year even during a recession or worse in 2008-2010 when the world was in the tank. I didn’t like it especially when a lot of employees (65,000) were getting 1-2% raises and they raised prices by 6-7%. I was fortunate enough to be getting more because of my performance. But I wasn’t allowed to give my team what I felt they deserved. Glad to have taken another position in the company where I had responsibility for only myself.
sounds like you take responsibility for your lot in life, whereas the republicans on this board always want to point the finger at someone for their short comings. to tie the price of eggs to who the president is a great example. at 4 dollars a dozen one could eat 2 eggs a day every day for 200 dollars a year total.

Reactions: UncleMark
Those were so far the only ones arrested and I think convicted. I don’t think I’ve heard how many actually broke the law. Nothing like watching patriotic Americans beating the hell out of law enforcement officers. I’m sure the Proud Boys were just there for the beer.
According to 60 Minutes last night, there have been 1,000 convictions with around 350 more to go. So that's less than your 1500.

Math - use it.

So why would you screw over the server when they have no control over the cost? That's the only person you're hurting, and if they do a good job and you give 10% then you're a human piece of shit.
Easy there Cowboy, the alternative would be to not eat there at all? 10% is better than say 0%. For the record with the way people work these days the service is typically shitty so I feel obliged to tip what I think the service was worth. I think servers think it is cute to not write anything down and then screw up the order 3-4 times.

Serving is a choice, with all the jobs that have been created these past 3 years if they are good they probably shouldn't be serving. This human piece of shit will spend his money how he wants.

Easy there Cowboy, the alternative would be to not eat there at all? 10% is better than say 0%. For the record with the way people work these days the service is typically shitty so I feel obliged to tip what I think the service was worth. I think servers think it is cute to not write anything down and then screw up the order 3-4 times.

Serving is a choice, with all the jobs that have been created these past 3 years if they are good they probably shouldn't be serving. This human piece of shit will spend his money how he wants.
This checks out. You're a prick and you show in in a multitude of ways.

For the record, I said 20% for GOOD service.

This checks out. You're a prick and you show in in a multitude of ways.

For the record, I said 20% for GOOD service.
Lol, you don't know me from Adam and the only interaction you have had is on a goofy sports forum. I do think it is funny how when all else fails you resort to calling name, that is awfully manly of you. How about you tip 30% and I'll do 10% and it will all balance out? Oh wait was that another prick type statement? My bad!

Reactions: ulrey
Lol, you don't know me from Adam and the only interaction you have had is on a goofy sports forum. I do think it is funny how when all else fails you resort to calling name, that is awfully manly of you. How about you tip 30% and I'll do 10% and it will all balance out? Oh wait was that another prick type statement? My bad!
If The Shoe Fits GIF by GIPHY News

According to 60 Minutes last night, there have been 1,000 convictions with around 350 more to go. So that's less than your 1500.

Math - use it.
Hated math. Especially Finite and Calculus. Nonsense corses for a business degree.

Reactions: BCCHoosier
sounds like you take responsibility for your lot in life, whereas the republicans on this board always want to point the finger at someone for their short comings. to tie the price of eggs to who the president is a great example. at 4 dollars a dozen one could eat 2 eggs a day every day for 200 dollars a year total.
I could just care less about things I have zero control over. But I’m also smart enough to know that it’s never as simple as saying you are in charge so it’s your fault I’m paying more. The economics are much more complicated than that.

Math - use it.
Nice deflection from the cops getting the hell beat out of them by all those peaceful demonstrators I mentioned. If you have a brain, use it.

DO I work? Ummm, yeah. Have my wages gone up? Sure. AS did inflation. So even though I was earning more momey, I wasn't making more---because I was having to spend more; which has changed.

Great he's done better than other countries. Awesome. Hows that relevant to what it was, has been---and what prices are HERE?

Dumb.

Not true. I have posted many times the non-biased Federal Reserve Bank of SF research report that states Biden policies made inflation worse than the rest of the world. Again, the Federal Reserve Bank of SF. Not the Heritage Foundation.

I never had that problem. I have pretty much given up on drinking soda. I definitely feel better overall.

I’m pretty much:
Black coffee
Sweet tea
Water
Beer

I'm down to coffee, iced tea, water and beer/wine. Occasional whiskey or gin.

Amazing how poorly I feel from drinking soda after not drinking it for a while. Particularly colas. We've not kept any in the house for probably a decade.

DO I work? Ummm, yeah. Have my wages gone up? Sure. AS did inflation. So even though I was earning more momey, I wasn't making more---because I was having to spend more; which has changed.

Great he's done better than other countries. Awesome. Hows that relevant to what it was, has been---and what prices are HERE?
it's very relevant, economies are very intertwined around the globe, inflation took off almost the day he was sworn in, there are no policies he invoked that caused inflation. stupid republican talking points will lead the uninformed to believe such nonsense. if anything, inflation was set up by his predecessors.

tough decisions were made on interest rates, that will affect his legacy. we took short term pain to try and tame it, looks like that was the right call compared to everyone else.

Your auto insurance will probably double the next couple of years will you blame who's in the white house for that.

Reactions: UncleMark
it's very relevant, economies are very intertwined around the globe, inflation took off almost the day he was sworn in, there are no policies he invoked that caused inflation. stupid republican talking points will lead the uninformed to believe such nonsense. if anything, inflation was set up by his predecessors.

tough decisions were made on interest rates, that will affect his legacy. we took short term pain to try and tame it, looks like that was the right call compared to everyone else.

Your auto insurance will probably double the next couple of years will you blame who's in the white house for that.
Incredibly ignorant.

It’s shocking people so uninformed, so ignorant, still post about this stuff. Good Lord

I'm down to coffee, iced tea, water and beer/wine. Occasional whiskey or gin.

Amazing how poorly I feel from drinking soda after not drinking it for a while. Particularly colas. We've not kept any in the house for probably a decade.
How many days a week do you have a beer or a drink

Again, not true.

Again, not true.
He’s clueless. Trump built the fire and Biden poured fuel on it. Biden’s stimulus checks, converting child tax credits to monthly checks, staying evictions, staying foreclosures, extending unemployment made people flush and they sat home and ordered shit and overheated the economy and inflation spiked. You can look at months and when it spiked and see same.

If you live in rural KY and you aren't raising your own hens or buying eggs off a neighbor with hens, you are doing it all wrong. I get all my eggs from locals here in Bloomington. They are free range, cost me $3/dozen, and I buy a dozen a week.
Agree, eggs and moonshine should be readily available at reasonable prices anywhere in rural KY.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard
Varies a lot depending on what's going on any particular week.

But I'd say on average 3 or 4 days /week.

Total quantity?... Maybe 1 per day, maybe infinity....
I’m not on infinity but lately 5 or 6 nights and two drinks. Maybe three once a week. It’s too much

He’s clueless. Trump built the fire and Biden poured fuel on it. Biden’s stimulus checks, converting child tax credits to monthly checks, staying evictions, staying foreclosures, extending unemployment made people flush and they sat home and ordered shit and overheated the economy and inflation spiked. You can look at months and when it spiked and see same.
****ing ignorant, people flush with cash on unemployment checks, really

****ing ignorant, people flush with cash on unemployment checks, really

Coincidental

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT