ADVERTISEMENT

+28.5

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
I'm considering taking the points (I should know better)but just can’t pull the trigger.
Yes? No?

If coach Bell is still determined to run plays super fast - NO don't take the points. If on the other hand he learned from last year and slows things down -Yes take the points. What Bell does is a mystery so bet at your own risk.

Reactions: CC Mac
If coach Bell is still determined to run plays super fast - NO don't take the points. If on the other hand he learned from last year and slows things down -Yes take the points. What Bell does is a mystery so bet at your own risk.
Yes, CFN ranked IU 15th fastest at 22.5 s between plays. You have to rack up first downs to make that work. The IU OL clearly didn’t out condition last year’s opponent. Despite the historical occurrence of laughers in the series I think IU covers the spread … the safer bet might be the over.

Yes, CFN ranked IU 15th fastest at 22.5 s between plays. You have to rack up first downs to make that work. The IU OL clearly didn’t out condition last year’s opponent. Despite the historical occurrence of laughers in the series I think IU covers the spread … the safer bet might be the over.
If you bet the over, it’s very likely we won’t cover.

Been watching IU football since the 1950's and our only two wins against Ohio State were in the Mallory years in the late 80's. They win because of their long-term successful program and a huge fan base that enables them to always recruit better players as well as usually attract a better coaching staff. As always, I hope we can have a good season, but this is a game we are unlikely to be competitive unless the transfers are far better than we realize. Would love to be wrong.

They won’t run up the score if it required showing much of their play book.
They don’t need to. I don’t think they need “style points” If OSU goes undefeated or even loses one game, they won’t be left out of the playoffs because they barely beat Indiana or get In because they blew them out. Nobody cares what you do in week one. Sure they want to look good but getting players pt and checking depth is more important. They won’t risk injury to beat us by 40.

Indiana is covering this game.

Both because we're going to better than Vegas thinks and because it is pretty likely that OSU splits reps for their QBs, blowout or not. The people over at 11W seem pretty confident that is the plan, and it doesn't lend itself to running up scores.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I don't like the hurry-up. In fact, I think it's ridiculous. We did it last year with the result a lot of three-and-outs. We can't tire out our defense that way. Maybe run an occasional play as hurry-up. It's also a bad look if we do this and don't score. The hurry-up should feature a lot of "explosive plays." And that wasn't the case last season.

With a RS freshman starting his first game against the #3 team in the country, an unproven offensive line, and so many new faces, I can't put my money behind the Hoosiers unfortunately. If it gets to 27.5 I will be betting heavy on the Buckeyes and will deserve to lose.

I trust our RBs who say the OL is much better. We will see against OSU if our OL is much better or our DL isn't as good as hoped, I doubt though that either is correct.

Reactions: 76-1
They don’t need to. I don’t think they need “style points” If OSU goes undefeated or even loses one game, they won’t be left out of the playoffs because they barely beat Indiana or get In because they blew them out. Nobody cares what you do in week one. Sure they want to look good but getting players pt and checking depth is more important. They won’t risk injury to beat us by 40.
They will be left out depending on who they lose to. If they lose to Michigan they will probably be in(if Michigan wins them all)Lose to Purdue or even Penn state then other things will need to happen. Penn state will probably lose 2 games.

Reactions: vesuvius13
I trust our RBs who say the OL is much better. We will see against OSU if our OL is much better or our DL isn't as good as hoped, I doubt though that either is correct.
Plus IU is a lot speedier than last year. I hope Lucas can be that all purpose guy. If he gets by the corners and DBs it’s an automatic touchdown. Need to get him in as many miss matches as possible. Love him space.

IU's OL will be more prepared for OSU this year, so I hope the running game goes well. It will be better than in the past but how good we will see. Our new speed should at least match OSU and our QB should be as good as their QB so there is a chance to win the game at home.

Reactions: midwolfe and td75
Certainly hope if hurry up O is used it'll be in conjunction with gauged timing during the rhythm of the game. Part of the reason it can be a weapon is the routine they're used to after practicing and playing that style near all last year. But still not a steady dose but timed to cross up and take advantage of the Bucks reactive D using some deception and misdirection to slow them down. Can't hurt.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT