ADVERTISEMENT

2025 Recruiting

Purdue goes 63-11 and you point out two games where they struggled against some tall guards, but where were you when they beat teams like Illinois who had tall guards? Almost all of the top 25 teams Purdue beat in the last 2 years had a tall guard or two. How about UCONN had pro guards just like JHS!
Good thing IU has average height guards who will probably will never play in the NBA! Funny thing about Purdue that most of their losses came against unranked teams!
This thread isn’t about Purdue no matter how much you want it to be. Nobody gives AF about Purdue.

Are you saying TJD regressed with Woodson?
No, I'm saying his stats I laid out for you regressed. Are you saying those stats are false? If what I said leaves you with the impression Woodson made him do that, then that's your opinion....man.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
As Al McGuire once said, "The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores." Most players take at least a year to adjust to the college game, and a lot never do, becoming busts. If the donors are willing to pay every year, perhaps there is some logic in allowing players to cut their teeth elsewhere. I think it's now safe to say that every NCAA player is aware of the NIL situation at IU. We're on everyone's radar. I think Woodson's only path to the Final Four is to pull 75% of the team from the Portal and 25% from high school. Get old, stay old.

Reactions: nichlee
As Al McGuire once said, "The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores." Most players take at least a year to adjust to the college game, and a lot never do, becoming busts. If the donors are willing to pay every year, perhaps there is some logic in allowing players to cut their teeth elsewhere. I think it's now safe to say that every NCAA player is aware of the NIL situation at IU. We're on everyone's radar. I think Woodson's only path to the Final Four is to pull 75% of the team from the Portal and 25% from high school. Get old, stay old.
So let someone else teach and mold them into players, then poach them? Sounds about right.

Nothing in this post makes any sense aside from those 3 kids came in as NBA talent level players. What's unfortunate is coaches' inability to take those 3 NBA level talent players and coach them into a cohesive team that could be collectively successful. Some would call it a massive failure, tbh.
Are you just stupid or do you have an agenda? Obviously the issue last year was key injuries and one and done. We now have a better balance in our roster.

Purdue goes 63-11 and you point out two games where they struggled against some tall guards, but where were you when they beat teams like Illinois who had tall guards? Almost all of the top 25 teams Purdue beat in the last 2 years had a tall guard or two. How about UCONN had pro guards just like JHS!
Good thing IU has average height guards who will probably will never play in the NBA! Funny thing about Purdue that most of their losses came against unranked teams!
The funny thing about purdue is their fans cant stay away from an IU forum. So some Poetic truths for you and yours. Your time has come and gone, your fun in the sun is done. No banner to hang, went out with a bang. with many more letdowns to come, But still you'll crawl over, you creepy boiler, to try to ruin our fun. So please stay away, and only come back, when you finally win one.

The funny thing about purdue is their fans cant stay away from an IU forum. So some Poetic truths for you and yours. Your time has come and gone, your fun in the sun is done. No banner to hang, went out with a bang. with many more letdowns to come, But still you'll crawl over, you creepy boiler, to try to ruin our fun. So please stay away, and only come back, when you finally win one.
Morning COMICS, Purdue is hanging all kind of banners, BT Champions, BTT Champions, Final 4, all kinds of trophies in the trophy case! IU = NOTHING, but go back and talk about when dinosaurs roamed the earth!

Are you just stupid or do you have an agenda? Obviously the issue last year was key injuries and one and done. We now have a better balance in our roster.
What? What does a one-and-done have to do with anything? Secondarily, what key injuries kept IU from being a top 10 team? Or are you saying IU shouldn't be a top 10 team with or without injuries?

IU had the most talent in the B1G last year and we played like dog doo. You can be mad all you want but in the end, the ONLY thing that matters is the performance of the team. IU played AWFUL and we were highly talented. Every year under CMW IU has underperformed expectations. I am rooting like heck they win a national title next year and we can sweep the poo season we had right under a rug. But don't leave your obvious bias to lazy excuses, you turd.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
Morning COMICS, Purdue is hanging all kind of banners, BT Champions, BTT Champions, Final 4, all kinds of trophies in the trophy case! IU = NOTHING, but go back and talk about when dinosaurs roamed the earth!
IU 5-1
Baby Sister 0-2
Gold and Black banner!

Purdues best season ever, matches what IU did during an above mediocre year in what....2002? Congrats? What you celebrate, we try to forget. That should tell you everything.

What? What does a one-and-done have to do with anything? Secondarily, what key injuries kept IU from being a top 10 team? Or are you saying IU shouldn't be a top 10 team with or without injuries?

IU had the most talent in the B1G last year and we played like dog doo. You can be mad all you want but in the end, the ONLY thing that matters is the performance of the team. IU played AWFUL and we were highly talented. Every year under CMW IU has underperformed expectations. I am rooting like heck they win a national title next year and we can sweep the poo season we had right under a rug. But don't leave your obvious bias to lazy excuses, you turd.
By your evidence based, objective opinion TJD regressed with Woodson. Will you provide the data that Woodson underperformed in every year, so we can get educated. Or is that your bias, lazy opinion?

Pretty easy...JHS staying and a healthy X...how good would we have been?

I think Woody should always be better prepared for unexpected changes like those. So to rely on them as THE full and only reason we struggled last year, is a bit much. But on the flip side, completely discounting them, and implying or saying they weren't huge factors...and/or that with those 2 guys, we wouldn't have been A LOT better...also a bit much.

Lets see what happens this year with the best, and most balanced roster Woody has had in his time at IU. I suspect they'll continue to be undisciplined and inconsistent. And if so, and that causes them to under achieve, he should be fired. But we'll see what happens. Maybe these are all the right kinds of guys for Woody to turn the corner as a coach?

Reactions: Indyhorn and ams66
By your evidence based, objective opinion TJD regressed with Woodson. Will you provide the data that Woodson underperformed in every year, so we can get educated. Or is that your bias, lazy opinion?
Not at all. I said his stats per game regressed even though his minutes per game went up. Am I wrong? If so, please explain. You are taking that and summarizing it to say TJD regressed so can you explain why you think TJD regressed?

Can you provide stats that show Woodson performed well? If not, then asking me to provide stats Woodson underperformed is quite stupid.

Pretty easy...JHS staying and a healthy X...how good would we have been?

I think Woody should always be better prepared for unexpected changes like those. So to rely on them as THE full and only reason we struggled last year, is a bit much. But on the flip side, completely discounting them, and implying or saying they weren't huge factors...and/or that with those 2 guys, we wouldn't have been A LOT better...also a bit much.

Lets see what happens this year with the best, and most balanced roster Woody has had in his time at IU. I suspect they'll continue to be undisciplined and inconsistent. And if so, and that causes them to under achieve, he should be fired. But we'll see what happens. Maybe these are all the right kinds of guys for Woody to turn the corner as a coach?
Wait, so was IU awful last year because TJD didn't return? Using the logic that someone the prior season went pro in todays environment is a cop out. UConn had players go pro, that didnt seem to phase them. The transfer portal allows you to overcome that instantly so that is quite lame.

If Woody hasn't had a good or even balanced roster at IU with the freedom of getting talent out of the portal every year, that's an indictment on him. You clearly outlined a fault of his on your own.

Purdues best season ever, matches what IU did during an above mediocre year in what....2002? Congrats? What you celebrate, we try to forget. That should tell you everything.
Maybe IU should try to have a winning record in this century in the Big Ten before talking smack!

• Haha
Not at all. I said his stats per game regressed even though his minutes per game went up. Am I wrong? If so, please explain. You are taking that and summarizing it to say TJD regressed so can you explain why you think TJD regressed?

Can you provide stats that show Woodson performed well? If not, then asking me to provide stats Woodson underperformed is quite stupid.
I didn’t make the statement that Woodson performed well. The onus is on you to support your assertion that he underperformed.

You think TJD would have been the same Warriors player if he'd played for Miller all his college years? He's credited Woodson for getting him ready for the NBA.
I trust that TJD is a very coachable player and always had a high BBIQ. Just a real class act. Had he left after 2 years if Miller had stayed and developed with an NBA.G-League staff, i'd say yes he be just as good.

Reactions: YOTHN
I trust that TJD is a very coachable player and always had a high BBIQ. Just a real class act. Had he left after 2 years if Miller had stayed and developed with an NBA.G-League staff, i'd say yes he be just as good.
So you equate Woodson to a G league coach even though he was an NBA head coach. Got it.

• Haha
Dinosaurs? You mean like Edey who was Purdue's entire reason for success the last 2 years.

Dinosaurs? You mean like Edey who was Purdue's entire reason for success the last 2 years.
Going to be a bit harder for smith this coming season. Won’t be doubling the post or drop coverage handicaps. Smith won’t get that elbow jumper. They have the Boilers anywhere from 3rd to 11th early. I’m not so confident in that or them having us so high. I do believe it will be Illinois, Purdue and Rutgers as pre-season top 3 in the B1G.

Reactions: nichlee
What are talking about, Purdue has been to 5 sweet 16's the last ten years, missed the tournament 1 year because, well the tournament got canceled! IU has what been there 3 times, and 1 of those was
as a 17 seed! Purdue has lost 91 games in the last 10 years, IU 136!

That’s a given. We know Woodson can’t coach. The three kids that left for the NBA came in as NBA players. Recruits know that, which is why he can’t attract more NBA prospects.
That’s not true at all. Many doubted Trayce would make it in the NBA and he barely got drafted. Ware wasn’t even starting for his team. JHS yes, but that’s it. Attracting NBA prospects is not the problem.

IU only hangs banner for national titles. How many of those are you hanging?

What are talking about, Purdue has been to 5 sweet 16's the last ten years, missed the tournament 1 year because, well the tournament got canceled! IU has what been there 3 times, and 1 of those was
And in the other years first round losses to the following seeds 16 15 13

Reactions: bbafficionado
What does IU's failures have to do with Purdue being a one man team led by a dinosaur the last 2 years. As a highly rated team that got a 1 seed they also accomplished being swept by IU last year and losing to a 16 seed. 17 seeds? lol Is that the engineering math they teach at Purdue or was that made up because FDU was really a 17 seed. Purdue may be the only number 1 seed to lose to 17 seed.

• Love
I hate to admit it but Purdue has been alot better the last ten years. Now this upcoming season I do think they will be more of a middle of the pack team and Indiana should be a top 3 team for sure.

So you equate Woodson to a G league coach even though he was an NBA head coach. Got it.
Well if the G-League coach is Nick Nurse or Darvin Ham sure maybe. They were G-League coaches. A few of the current NBA coaches were G-League coaches. The Minny coach. The OKC coach. Even those that do not become head coaches in NBA have an NBA background. Do you think the there is an iron curtain between a G-League coach and the coach of the NBA affiliate such that they are not working together to develop players.. Some of these players will go back and forth between NBA and G-League. Del Harris coached the Frisco Legends which are the Mavs affiliate and that was after he had a successful career as an NBA coach.

It is about TJD has it together and will work hard to succeed no matter who coaches them not about Woody.

Reactions: YOTHN
lmao .....

No validation awarded.

Reactions: bbafficionado
That’s not true at all. Many doubted Trayce would make it in the NBA and he barely got drafted. Ware wasn’t even starting for his team. JHS yes, but that’s it. Attracting NBA prospects is not the problem.
Again, he's being sarcastic and just repeating all the bullshit, lies, and stupidity the butthurt malcontents were saying in the last couple months.

Last edited:
Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I do believe it will be Illinois, Purdue and Rutgers as pre-season top 3 in the B1G.
Don't over look MSU ... they may have under-performed last year but he has a good experienced core, some younger guys that should improve and a good class coming in. UCLA depending on how this off season goes, may also be in that top group. He had a very young team last year .. but a lot of talent.

Rutgers currently has too many glaring question marks to considered a contender at this time.

Purdue will be there due to last years hype but that will be a completely different team and like everyone is pointing out their mid major backcourt is in for a huge adjustment. How that adjustment goes will determine if they stay or not..

Purdue will be there due to last years hype but that will be a completely different team and like everyone is pointing out their mid major backcourt is in for a huge adjustment. How that adjustment goes will determine if they stay or not..
One of those guards was
Honorable All American, first team BT. Beginning of last year you folks proclaimed your All American, Cupps to be the greatest, how that turn out?

• Haha
I didn’t make the statement that Woodson performed well. The onus is on you to support your assertion that he underperformed.
Thats easy, look at Indiana's record. lol They didn't make the tournament, got smoked multiple times throughout the season, including the last game of their season. He was even boo'd on occasion. You got any other brain busters?

Adam Sandler Adult Humor GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT