ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Schedule released

Good chance of that, but I'm only 30 minutes away from Clemson. I'll go see if they can hang with the Tigers a bit. If so, there's some hope for a win at Round Rock.

Those six games will do wonders for the strength of schedule!

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Good chance of that, but I'm only 30 minutes away from Clemson. I'll go see if they can hang with the Tigers a bit. If so, there's some hope for a win at Round Rock.

Those six games will do wonders for the strength of schedule!
Also, that Miami games sticks out like a sore thumb from a travel perspective. That's a long way to come back for a single game before heading to Texas :oops:

That looks like a pretty brutal start to the new season. They can't accuse IU of avoiding the competition.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
That looks like a pretty brutal start to the new season. They can't accuse IU of avoiding the competition.
Contractually and strategically, IU and Mercer have to play a competitive national schedule. Got to win some or it’s a moot point because playing the likes of Evansville, IUPUFW, Troy, and Xavier will likely bring the RPI down.

Contractually and strategically, IU and Mercer have to play a competitive national schedule. Got to win some or it’s a moot point because playing the likes of Evansville, IUPUFW, Troy, and Xavier will likely bring the RPI down.
Troy might not hurt us too badly in that regard. They've been a pretty respectable program though they have a new coach this year... Skyler Meade... who spent a few years as pitching coach at MSU where they led the Big10 in ERA a couple of times under his watch. He was hired away from South Carolina. The Gamecock fans down here were sorry to see him go. Also, I don't know how good Xavier will be this year, but they're also playing a serious non-conference: Alabama, UofL, Oregon St, South Carolina, Coastal Carolina and Michigan in addition to Indiana.

Troy might not hurt us too badly in that regard. They've been a pretty respectable program though they have a new coach this year... Skyler Meade... who spent a few years as pitching coach at MSU where they led the Big10 in ERA a couple of times under his watch. He was hired away from South Carolina. The Gamecock fans down here were sorry to see him go. Also, I don't know how good Xavier will be this year, but they're also playing a serious non-conference: Alabama, UofL, Oregon St, South Carolina, Coastal Carolina and Michigan in addition to Indiana.
Troy plays in a tough conference, the Sun Belt is a strong league. Coastal Carolina, UL-L, South Alabama, Tex State…. not to mention that conference will add Marshall, ODU, and Southern Miss in 2023. It’s a really competitive conference for baseball. Remember though, it’s about where these teams finish that matter. Troy could easily be anywhere from quad 1-4 games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT