ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Recruits List v2.0

Not every player that leaves college early does so thinking he is an NBA player. It's not like you play for free in Europe. They make $$$$$.
To me it is a waste for a kid to leave early not being guaranteed that you will get drafted. Also a lot of horror stories about a lot of the European leagues or other countries where they don't always pay you on time or at all. If you are not playing in the best European leagues then you are really taking a big chance on whether you will get paid or not. Staying 4 years really hurt players like /Duncan, Ewing, Robinson, Bird and a lot of other players I mentioned and when those guys played the NBA was a lot better to watch.

To me it is a waste for a kid to leave early not being guaranteed that you will get drafted. Also a lot of horror stories about a lot of the European leagues or other countries where they don't always pay you on time or at all. If you are not playing in the best European leagues then you are really taking a big chance on whether you will get paid or not. Staying 4 years really hurt players like /Duncan, Ewing, Robinson, Bird and a lot of other players I mentioned and when those guys played the NBA was a lot better to watch.

Player development and experience meant more back then. The NBA is entertaining but it is a minefield before the playoffs.

If the Pacers are not in the Playoffs I don't even watch the playoffs

I have been a Lakers fan for the past 15 years. I would like to see the Lakers evolve with the rest of the NBA. Increased statistical analysis e.g. analytics, advanced medical staff, etc. All of the kids are Warriors fans these days. It's rare that you find a team in the NBA that has barely any egos but the Warriors have managed to build that.

I have been a Lakers fan for the past 15 years. I would like to see the Lakers evolve with the rest of the NBA. Increased statistical analysis e.g. analytics, advanced medical staff, etc. All of the kids are Warriors fans these days. It's rare that you find a team in the NBA that has barely any egos but the Warriors have managed to build that.
I was a Lakers fan when Magic was there but I can't stand Kobe and have not been a fan since he has been there. Also to me to many people use stats as there only analysis and use them to much when making decisions.

I was a Lakers fan when Magic was there but I can't stand Kobe and have not been a fan since he has been there. Also to me to many people use stats as there only analysis and use them to much when making decisions.

I love creating stats. I occasionally email Ken Pomeroy about things I find. Great guy, BTW.

I love creating stats. I occasionally email Ken Pomeroy about things I find. Great guy, BTW.

I emailed him once after he posted some stat about coaches, can't remember what it was, and I asked him where Crean showed up and he actually emailed me back and it was way at the bottom.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
I really don't look at stats in depth and I would rather just watch the games and make my own decisions on what I see and make my own opinions

I'm all for using analytics but when your eyes tell you one player is clearly better I throw them out the window.

So, you're disagreeing with your assessment that Crean is a "great recruiter"?

Crean is a relentless recruiter. That's the term. He can recruit talented and smart players who stick around for 2+ years (Yogi, Zeller, Blackmon, etc.) but cannot consistently out execute competition offensively and defensively. Have always said it.

Crean is a relentless recruiter. That's the term. He can recruit talented and smart players who stick around for 2+ years (Yogi, Zeller, Blackmon, etc.) but cannot consistently out execute competition offensively and defensively. Have always said it.
Relentless effort doesn't always equal superlative (or "great") results. Crean's recruiting is greatly overrated.

I have said it more than once....Crean's biggest weakness is his roster construction/management. He has landed some great players but struggles landing the glue guys. Crean either needs to be able to recruit like UK or Duke or he needs to start developing those secondary recruits, instead of those guys transferring and never developing.

I have said it more than once....Crean's biggest weakness is his roster construction/management. He has landed some great players but struggles landing the glue guys. Crean either needs to be able to recruit like UK or Duke or he needs to start developing those secondary recruits, instead of those guys transferring and never developing.

Exactly. And he'll never do it when he keeps over-signing so he has to run those kinds of players off.

Kid was verbally committed to UMass for 2015 before he went back to his original class.

Last edited:
I'm really tired of these idiot players saying, "I love Kentucky because they get players to the NBA."

Virtually every school in the country gets 5 star players to the NBA. Show me what schools take the 3 Star players and make them into NBA players.
Like cliff Alexander ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT