ADVERTISEMENT

2016 Recruits List v2.0

#Bentley

All-Big Ten
Dec 31, 2014
Last edited:
Reactions: ORG
Indiana offered 4-star City Rocks (NY) Shooting Guard Kevin Huerter. Kid is a knockdown shooter that brings toughness and a savvy floor game to the backcourt. He's not much of a slasher, but knows how to setup teammates with pinpoint passes and does a great job elevating to get his shot off. Interesting: son of former Siena basketball player and current broadcaster Tom Huerter. His father has a long standing relationship with Fran McCaffrey and the Hawkeyes are players in his recruitment. Was informed he visits Michigan at the end of this month and wouldn’t be surprising at all to see him offered and end up in their class. Kid is confident he'll get to Maryland, Villanova and Creighton as well. ------> Terps Deep in the Hunt for Huerter (VIP)

Last edited:
2016 5-star CIA Bounce (CAN) Point Guard Jamal Murray has decided to reclassify to 2015 and is between Oregon/UK according to Canadian writer. Murray is really, really good. May be best player on the hot board. -----> Jamal Murray to Reclassify to 2015

Last edited:
Huerter isnt going anywhere to be a backup. he will be a tough get. Predict Mich or Maryland for him unless IU can get him on campus

Last edited:
Point guards determine the best teams in college bball, plain and simple. You take a shot at 4-5 guys and hope you get one. AT PG you have Fox, Brown, Carr, Jones, Green. 4-star Boo Williams (VA) Point Guard Curtis Jones sports a dozen offers, has no dates set but plans to visit Georgetown and Indiana next and cut down his list in August. ----> Jones Finds Rhythm (prem)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheLaffy
As I eventually expected, the previous thread didn't sit well with the board. So, welcome to version 2 of the Recruit Lists ongoing thread for all of the latest in men's basketball recruiting...

A few links for your enjoyment:

Recruits List for Indiana

Big 10 Commitment Database

Big 10 Offers and Commits for 2016 (as of 04/07/2015)

Latest News on Recruits

Recruits List Scholarship Breakdown

Please message me if you would like any information on recruits.
Wow, look at Bentley go. Thanks for putting this together. Good stuff.

2016 5-star CIA Bounce (CAN) Point Guard Jamal Murray has decided to reclassify to 2015 and is between Oregon/UK according to Canadian writer. Murray is really, really good. May be best player on the hot board. -----> Jamal Murray to Reclassify to 2015

Captain Canada didn't get the network right. Was informed this morning that nothing related to Jamal Murray is planned for any ESPN channels.

Kid is big and powerful combo forward similar to Rodney Rogers. He is explosive, bouncy, and can pass the ball. Michigan State and Kentucky are going to need a steel cage to settle this. The Iowa State offer predates the coaching change but the kid is has a built a strong relationship with with Mr. Basketball Michigan and current Iowa State point guard Monte Morris. He plans to take all his visits before making a decision in the fall. Worth noting, the new Huntington Prep WV assistant is a UK fan and willing to bring kids on visits. -----> In this Miles Bridges update from Brian Snow, he talks Steve Prohm and Monte Morris ($)

Reactions: johnsos
Langford is a relative of Jeremy Langford, the running back who was just taken in the 4th round by the Bears out of MSU.

Langford is a relative of Jeremy Langford, the running back who was just taken in the 4th round by the Bears out of MSU.

I am very excited that they are getting big fish outside of their normal comfort zone. I think Izzo is determined to get that second ring before he retires. 15-20 years ago you never had to really go outside of Michigan/Indiana/Ohio to build a great team. Different ballgame now.

Doing my best to try and not sound like a homer..... Honest..... Lol
But yes, Izzo wants that second ring bad.
With who he has, and has inbound, the next 2-3 years gives him a great shot, especially if Bridges and Winson commit.
I worry that a second title will spell the end of his coaching career... And retirement.

Doing my best to try and not sound like a homer..... Honest..... Lol
But yes, Izzo wants that second ring bad.
With who he has, and has inbound, the next 2-3 years gives him a great shot, especially if Bridges and Winson commit.
I worry that a second title will spell the end of his coaching career... And retirement.

I don't see Izzo coaching past his sixties so 5-6 more years. The chatter I hear is Dane Fife is next in line. If not Fife, I'm tellin' ya there is guy down the line to keep an eye on. Building a program similar to Shaka. Good coach. Young guy. He is a Calipari protege. Derek Kellogg.

I suspect Fife as well. I like him a lot. A very good customer of mine( IU grad) constantly reminds me how lucky we are to have him. I have to agree.
Btw..... Fife did a radio interview a few days back I listened to. He was asked to assess the roster. When he got to Eron Harris he stated. " he reminds me a lot of DeAngelo Russell, has the same elite skill set"... That kinda excited me.

I suspect Fife as well. I like him a lot. A very good customer of mine( IU grad) constantly reminds me how lucky we are to have him. I have to agree.
Btw..... Fife did a radio interview a few days back I listened to. He was asked to assess the roster. When he got to Eron Harris he stated. " he reminds me a lot of DeAngelo Russell, has the same elite skill set"... That kinda excited me.

I respect your opinion but with the kid wanting to be a PG I don't see it. Just me though. Hope I'm wrong.

From everything I've read about the kid, All Ohio Red Shooting Guard Ibi Watson just became a big possibility for IU. Great kid. Good shooter. Team player. WINNER. You could put 4 shooters with Bryant and let him set screens for drivers. That sets up lobs or kick outs. Hard to guard. Hoosiers staff going after some good kids. Exactly what you want to build your roster with. Good kids with upside. Builds depth and balance. Sometimes you get lucky and the kid can really play. -----> Ohio Shooter Recaps IU Visit (prem)

Last edited:
On his visit today, Duke offered 4-star Utah Prospects Shooting Guard Frank Jackson. Kid previously said he would be taking his two-year mission before enrolling in college. Over the weekend, though, he admitted exploring the idea of playing college bball in 2016. Kid decomitted from BYU last November. He's visiting Stanford next. He averaged 15.4 ppg at NBPA Top 100 camp. ------> Duke Offers Seventh-Ranked Rising Senior Frank Jackson

Last edited:
4-star Taylor County (KY) Point Guard Quentin Goodin is OUT. Kid trimmed his list to Louisville, Florida, Miami, Xavier and Western Kentucky today. 4-star Team Final (PA) Point Guard Tony Carr living in Philly and favoring Temple is something to keep an eye on. ----> Quentin Goodin narrows list to five

Last edited:
4-Star Boo Williams (VA) Point Guard Curtis Jones is on campus today. Maryland has backed off of Jones. Indiana and Georgetown are probably the frontrunners right now according to some credible people. ----> Player Profile: Curtis Jones

As I eventually expected, the previous thread didn't sit well with the board. So, welcome to version 2 of the Recruit Lists ongoing thread for all of the latest in men's basketball recruiting...

A few links for your enjoyment:

Recruits List for Indiana

Big 10 Commitment Database

Big 10 Offers and Commits for 2016 (as of 04/07/2015)

Latest News on Recruits

Recruits List Scholarship Breakdown

Please message me if you would like any information on recruits.

Thank you for sharing these.

3 guard set of Ulis, Briscoe & Murray is trouble. Mulder coming off the bench. Would have two very good shooters in Murray/Mulder for Ulis to kick ball to. ----> Jamal Murray to Kentucky

Last edited:
3-Star Upward Stars (FL) Small Forward De'Riante Jenkins is a real possibility. "Real" meaning he's considering IU and there's a spot open. Texas and Clemson are other schools the kid feels are making him a priority. Kid is a long and athletic slasher who is capable of guarding multiple positions. He can make open shots with range to the three point line when he's "on" and is an above average rebounder. ----> Rising 2016 Forward says playing in a Troy Williams role at IU is "very appealing." (prem)

Reactions: ORG
That class would be unreal...but we wont land such a class.

Thats obscene. Think about it for a second. It would make recruiting tougher, if Blackmon tests and decides to come back in 2016. Meanwhile, Hoosiers staff brings in six. Interesting.

How would it make it tougher? I am just saying we wont get Maker, Davis and Atkins.

not sure there is any difference in a 2 and a 3 in our offense. For instance who is our 2? RJ or JB

not sure there is any difference in a 2 and a 3 in our offense. For instance who is our 2? RJ or JB

Kid can shoot it... obviously more of a 2G in a PG body but a good looking one at that since CTC has gone that way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT