ADVERTISEMENT

2015 W-L Predictions

Minnesota fired a respected coach in Mason and got Jerry Kill - who knew about him? I dare say, not many. He certainly wasn't a 'name' coach. A good coach will show marked improvement in year 1 or 2, not year 5. If he has to have everything perfect to win, how likely is that to happen at IU? It took Mallory 3 years to get to a winning season. And that's before the league was diluted with the likes of Rutgers and Maryland.

For goodness sake, look at Northwestern - NORTHWESTERN - who hired Barnett and then Walker and got the program rebuilt in less than 5 years.

You can tell if a coach has 'it' in way less than 5 years.....
rutgers and maryland made the league tougher. and they both happen to be in our division

Was Jerry Kill known to you before he won at Minnesota?

Yes he was. He built N. Illinios and a year after he went to Minnesota they went to a BCS game. Try learning something about college football before you decide to troll. Thank you.

We can be one of the top 50-ish teams in the country (based on some statistician's numerical analysis) and still miss out on a bowl because of who we have on the conference schedule.

I'll say we have an even shot at 6-6 and an 80% chance of getting at least 5 wins. Unfortunately, 5 wins might as well be 3 wins.

I see these groupings: likely wins (SIU, FIU); good chance (WKU, RU, Wake); toss-ups (Iowa, PU); outside shot (PSU, Mich, Maryland); and unlikely (OSU, MSU).
Maryland is an "outside shot" and Rutgers is a "good chance"?? I have news for you - Maryland is going to suck this year - you may have a "good chance" against them. You have between a "toss-up" and "outside chance" against Rutgers. I know both programs well and Rutgers is going to be bigger, better and more talented than the bottom half of the B1G. Maryland is going to struggle to get 2 wins in conference.

Maryland is an "outside shot" and Rutgers is a "good chance"?? I have news for you - Maryland is going to suck this year - you may have a "good chance" against them. You have between a "toss-up" and "outside chance" against Rutgers. I know both programs well and Rutgers is going to be bigger, better and more talented than the bottom half of the B1G. Maryland is going to struggle to get 2 wins in conference.

Thank you, Mrs. Flood. Good luck to you as well this year too. So tell me... Middle of the pack in the B1G huh? How about the East? Ohio St, Michigan St are a for sure "get the **** outta here, no's." Penn St? Still a no!! Michigan.. Probably not. So that leaves you already the bottom half of the East. Toss up with IU and Maryland... You might be lucky to finish with a winning record. Seriously. Damn dude... RutgersAl, did you change your screen name? Freakin douche bag wet head ass!!

Why cherry pick? There are other years to compare and Wilson's overall record in 4 years does not compare to Lynch's 4 years, if you're counting wins - and that's how they generally keep track.

I can do that with every year of Lynch's tenure, so how is that cherry picking? In 2009, Lynch beat a 5-7 WMU (almost lost), 5-6 FCS school (almost lost), a 3-9 Akron, and 3-9 Illinois and . In 2008, Lynch beat a 2-10 WKU, a bad FCS shool, and NW (the best win of his tenure). I was pointing at that win totals aren't always a good indicator due to variability in schedules.

Best case scenario: 8-4 (SIU, FIU, WKU, Wake, Rutgers, Iowa, MD, PU)
Realistic prediction: 6-6 (SIU, FIU, WKU, Wake, Iowa, PU)

Thank you, Mrs. Flood. Good luck to you as well this year too. So tell me... Middle of the pack in the B1G huh? How about the East? Ohio St, Michigan St are a for sure "get the **** outta here, no's." Penn St? Still a no!! Michigan.. Probably not. So that leaves you already the bottom half of the East. Toss up with IU and Maryland... You might be lucky to finish with a winning record. Seriously. Damn dude... RutgersAl, did you change your screen name? Freakin douche bag wet head ass!!
Thanks....what kind words and very creative I might add. Anyway, I expect you to know nothing about Rutgers except the fact that they are going to beat your team's a$$ raw this year. Penn State?? Please, let's watch the Temple game first and see what they're made of. Rutgers is smacking PSU in their collective beaver this year. Michigan? Toss-up. Nebraska? Rutgers wins at home at night. MSU, OSU, and MAYBE Wisky are losses. We're on the ups...and you? well, you can stay where you are.

Thanks....what kind words and very creative I might add. Anyway, I expect you to know nothing about Rutgers except the fact that they are going to beat your team's a$$ raw this year. Penn State?? Please, let's watch the Temple game first and see what they're made of. Rutgers is smacking PSU in their collective beaver this year. Michigan? Toss-up. Nebraska? Rutgers wins at home at night. MSU, OSU, and MAYBE Wisky are losses. We're on the ups...and you? well, you can stay where you are.

Wisky is maybe a loss? The team that you lost to 37-0 at HOME last year. I think MAYBE you keep within 20 this year.

You're not necessarily on the ups, you capitalized on winning close games against struggling teams and then got smacked around like a rag doll by anyone slightly better than mediocre. Basically any team with a good Oline and RB combo put 300 rushing yards on you guys, and I don't see that changing this year because you still don't have the size/athleticism in your front 7 to compete against quality BT Olines

Last edited:

I was wrong. You must be RutgersAl's brother. MSU and OSU will both probably put up 50+ on you. You won't beat Penn St and I doubt you'll beat Michigan or Wisconsin. Your toss up games are Maryland and IU, which I don't think you will win either. Just my opinion though. BTW... You need some work to be as good as Al but I'm sure you can get there.

Enhhh . . . I'll let this article set with you a spell: [http://www.betfirm.com/rutgers-football-predictions/]

I can be one of the most pessimistic of IU football fans but even I am picking IU as a winner over Rutgers this year. And, it won't be close. Mark it down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT