ADVERTISEMENT

2015 class...

bsmitty08

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2004
How will these guys fit into this years team? We don't lose anyone from this years team.

So we will have:

pg: Yogi
Wings: JBJ, RJ, Stan, Ziesloft, OG
4: Williams, Hartman, Davis, MH
5: Hanner (6'8), Holt (6'7), Morgan(6'7)

That about right? I am assuming April and Priller will be the causalities.

Smitty we don't need this stuff today. Let's play this year first with who we have. Next year is next year. We have all off season to worry about that.

Dude, you can't be serious

About this now? You really put the 6'7 OG w JBJ and RJ? He's a 4 for us, say he's still growing, JBJ and RJ both are proving they can play point.

I don't mind talking about what we have next year but I won't speculate on "casualties". The truth of the matter is that it's not always based purely off playing time or lack thereof. I want all of these kids to have a full season to play and enjoy their time at IU. That other stuff is between coach and the players. It's beyond impossible for us to predict the outcomes. Plus, I fully epect IU will try and bring in another big man. IU will have a team fully capable of competing for a Big10 title if they can just get an average big in there.

If JB continues at this pace there's a really good chance his draft status won't be what he would probably want in order to move on. If he stays, we should be in really good shape with a young yet veteran team.

Yogi - Sr
Blackmon - So
Williams - Jr
Davis - Jr.
Perea - Sr

I think even without a legit big time center recruit we will be very good next year as long as the whole core comes back. There are a lot of pieces to work with. I really hate what has happened to HMP with the knee at this point in the season. I honestly think with him healthy he is enough in the middle with they style of ball we play. Would I want more? Sure but he
played really well at times and that is when I think he would be enough, not the 2 fouls in 2 minutes HMP we have seen a couple games.

Re: Dude, you can't be serious

What cant I be serious about? We start 2 wings in JBR and RJ...OG is a wing. Watch some film of him please before calling me out.

Re: Dude, you can't be serious

Rosscoe...OG is a wing. we start Yofi, RJ and JBR. So that means OBR or RJ are playing the 3 for us. OG is a 3 in most every program....so yes I am serious in putting him linked with those guys.

Our 4's are Willaims(even though he is a natural 3) Hartman, Davis, MH

Regardless of where they get slotted

That appears to be a very deep team, assuming they are all here. And with a year of experience for all the current freshman, a very good team.

You have to wonder where the playing time would come from for so many similar players.

Re: Troy is also a "wing." Crean essentially plays 3 "wings" nt

Exactly....my point to Rosscoe

You're wrong about Blackmon

What he's proving is that he can't handle the ball well enough to be at the point. He's a shooting guard and likely will remain one.

Johnson is improving his ball-handling and is a potential No. 1 point guard once Yogi is done.

You had better be ready to make room for one more....

I'm getting a feeling that one more piece will be added, therefore one more piece will be taken away....

Irony . . .

in that JBJ's game at IU is proving to be a lot like Alford's was at IU, and Alford beat JBSr out for Mr. Bball . . . .

How about this....quit freaking responding to every post of mine. Also talking about how next years class is not a campaign. THis is a basketball board talking about IU basketball....take your sorry ass to the Tom Crean fan club page because that is all you care about.....defending your man's honor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT