ADVERTISEMENT

2014 All Over Again - IU With No QB & Several Games Left - With One Difference

IUFANBB

Benchwarmer
Oct 31, 2012
The 2014 team and coaching staff did not quit.

They figured out a way to play tough & competitive football. Even beating Purdue..

This year it looks like "everyone" has cashed it in..

IU FOOTBALL HAVE BEEN A COMPLETE SHIT SHOW FROM WEEK 1..

I really thought that we had the right guy.. ALLEN & ALL HIS PEEPS NEED TO GO..

The two 4-star quarterbacks that played yesterday had game ratings of 8 and 10. Those two rating may have been the worst ever. I am just speculating. What they had in common besides the 4 stars is they played behind the same offensive line and had the same offensive coordinator. Also they relied exclusively on walk-on running backs.

It is pretty clear that Tom Allen knows as little about offense as Kevin Wilson knows about defense, CTA should give back some of his salary to get a quality OC, or at least donate it to some Christian charity because he is not earning it.

LEO

p.s. Growing up I attended Catholic schools. I think I have heard more about Christianity following IU football than while attending Catholic schools. Also, 7 conference touchdowns? No Touchdown Jesus in Bloomington.

The two 4-star quarterbacks that played yesterday had game ratings of 8 and 10. Those two rating may have been the worst ever. I am just speculating. What they had in common besides the 4 stars is they played behind the same offensive line and had the same offensive coordinator. Also they relied exclusively on walk-on running backs.

It is pretty clear that Tom Allen knows as little about offense as Kevin Wilson knows about defense, CTA should give back some of his salary to get a quality OC, or at least donate it to some Christian charity because he is not earning it.

LEO

p.s. Growing up I attended Catholic schools. I think I have heard more about Christianity following IU football than while attending Catholic schools. Also, 7 conference touchdowns? No Touchdown Jesus in Bloomington.
It would be hard for an O Line to be less effective as ours was yesterday even if you put 90 year olds out there. At times Rutgers was rushing 3 and all three came through in one second. I don’t care if Brady is back there you are in big trouble. You could see by McCulleys actions he was getting upset. I could see him scaddaddling right out of here.

The OL in 2014 was light years better than this current OL. A shame that Tre left after spring ball, then Nate got hurt in mid-Oct, otherwise may have gotten to 6 wins. That said, even with no passing threat from ZD, they still moved the ball with that OL and Tevin and DeAngelo Roberts back there. ZD wasn’t running for his life every play either. Unfortunately The D was still typical IU vintage though.

It’s mind boggling this current OL, with 3-year starters in Jones and Bedford along with 2nd year starters, Powell and Haggard can be this terrible. Can’t consistently run block or pass pro vs 3 and 4 man fronts.

Would be nice if the next OL coach had some sort of Wisky, Iowa, Minny (or elsewhere) where there’s some pedigree of a good track record of knowing WTH they are doing.

Someone previously mentioned Frye, an old GD and Hep OL here, is now the OC at UCLA. He came up under Addazzio (who didn’t have much to work with here at IU) at Temple and BC, where they did have success running the ball.
How ‘bout OL/OC?? It couldn’t be any worse.

The 2014 team and coaching staff did not quit.

They figured out a way to play tough & competitive football. Even beating Purdue..

This year it looks like "everyone" has cashed it in..

IU FOOTBALL HAVE BEEN A COMPLETE SHIT SHOW FROM WEEK 1..

I really thought that we had the right guy.. ALLEN & ALL HIS PEEPS NEED TO GO..
Are you kidding me? You can not be serious! CTA brought us LEO.

Reactions: Orbit7958
It would be hard for an O Line to be less effective as ours was yesterday even if you put 90 year olds out there. At times Rutgers was rushing 3 and all three came through in one second. I don’t care if Brady is back there you are in big trouble. You could see by McCulleys actions he was getting upset. I could see him scaddaddling right out of here.
Reminded me of watching Andrew Luck in his rookie season with the Colts. He automatically started running for his life as soon as he took the snap. Luck knew someone was getting through. Probably why his NFL career was but a blip on the radar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT