ADVERTISEMENT

2 ways to save the 2021 recruiting class

Uh, Crean did not make the tourney his first 3 years. You amaze me. Archie , by ALL accounts, made the tourney this year. Archie has 3 Mr BBalls his first three years of recruiting. Silly feepew....
Archie finished 11th in the Big Ten this year. That wasn’t going to get in the tournament big guy.

Crean started with Kyle Taber and made the sweet 16 years 4 and 5. Let’s see if Archie does the same. I have my doubts.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Archie finished 11th in the Big Ten this year. That wasn’t going to get in the tournament big guy.

Crean started with Kyle Taber and made the sweet 16 years 4 and 5. Let’s see if Archie does the same. I have my doubts.
Actually we tied for 10th and we were a lock to make the tournament (according to all predictions)

We were a lock to make the tournament according to the experts. You're not an expert, routinely make stupid guarantees and post stupid crap you pull straight from your bunghole. Why should anyone take your word on this? Hint, no one is.

Are you counting his first class as the one he had to build starting in April without a scholarship player on the roster? There you go with your bias again.
Same for Archie you friggin idiot. You act like Archie had such a great plate full of players. He lost his 3 best starters to the draft had to keep creans crappy recruits and try to salvage the 3 players, all three stars to start. I’d say it wasn’t much better. He started in April too. Why do we have to listen to your crap all the time? Oh I know, it’s because you are comedy gold.

Same for Archie you friggin idiot. You act like Archie had such a great plate full of players. He lost his 3 best starters to the draft had to keep creans crappy recruits and try to salvage the 3 players, all three stars to start. I’d say it wasn’t much better. He started in April too. Why do we have to listen to your crap all the time? Oh I know, it’s because you are comedy gold.
Crean started with ZERO scholarship players and walk on Kyle Taber.

Archie had all conference Juwan Morgan, Robert Johnson, multiple 4 star recruits coming in, and a full roster of high major players.

Cut out the comparisons.

We were a lock to make the tournament according to the experts. You're not an expert, routinely make stupid guarantees and post stupid crap you pull straight from your bunghole. Why should anyone take your word on this? Hint, no one is.
Every place had us squarely on the bubble even before bids were stolen in conference tournaments. Wake up.

Actually we tied for 10th and we were a lock to make the tournament (according to all predictions)
How could you be so wrong? This is embarrassingly bad.

Purdue had the tiebreaker over us and we were the 11 seed. Every publication had us on the bubble before any bids were stolen. We likely would have had our bid stolen from upsets. Get it together.

Either one. And any way you look at it Crean recruited at least as well as Archie has.
You said better. Which is it? I’ll give you the Crean started with worse. He was also able to weed out the bad apples in the beginning. Archie had to take what was given to him. Morgan wasn’t a great player until his jr and sr year.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

Purdue had the tiebreaker over us and we were the 11 seed. Every publication had us on the bubble before any bids were stolen. We likely would have had our bid stolen from upsets. Get it together.
No they didn’t. We where in. Good grief man.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Every place had us squarely on the bubble even before bids were stolen in conference tournaments. Wake up.
Everything you say without a link to back it up is considered pulled out of your bunghole by everyone here. You disagree with every bracketologist that was linked here during this debate last month. Give it up - IU was in the tournament, if we had the tournament.

Everything you say without a link to back it up is considered pulled out of your bunghole by everyone here. You disagree with every bracketologist that was linked here during this debate last month. Give it up - IU was in the tournament, if we had the tournament.
The 11th place Big Ten team has NEVER made the tournament in its 80 year history. Never. Not once.

But we were a lock because...well...it’s IU. You saw it clear as mud through your crimson glasses.

The 11th place Big Ten team has NEVER made the tournament in its 80 year history. Never. Not once.

But we were a lock because...well...it’s IU. You saw it clear as mud through your crimson glasses.
You continually prove that you're a dunce. The experts say IU was in and you say IU was out. Who's going to believe the dunce over the experts?

Also, remember when you said I thought Moore was a sure fire NBA star? That's right you said that I did, but I never said anything close to that. I didn't talk about Moore at all. So, you're a dunce AND a liar, so you got that going for you, which is nice.

Can you name a time that the 11th place Big Ten team made the tournament?
2020. They where in.
Can you name a time that the 11th place Big Ten team made the tournament?
Not a B1G team but an acc team did. Syracuse tied for 10th with Notre Dame. If there had been a tie breaker Syracuse would’ve been 11th as they lost to ND. So it’s not like it won’t or couldn’t happen. They were also 23-14 and 8-10 in conference. Reaching the sweat 16 after losing the second game of the acc tournament. ND did not get in even though the finished tied for tenth. Louisville finished higher also not making a the big dance.

Last edited:

There are no tie breakers in Conference standings - seedlings for B1G Tournament is another animal.
Also we were a lock fo tournament

Crean started with ZERO scholarship players and walk on Kyle Taber.

Archie had all conference Juwan Morgan, Robert Johnson, multiple 4 star recruits coming in, and a full roster of high major players.

Cut out the comparisons.

Crean went 1-17 that year, and that continued for 2 more seasons. Cut the comparisons...

Ha ha, why bother to argue with fpeaugh?

He is not an Archie or IU fan. He just likes to push people's buttons and has no interest rational conversation. He says outlandish things, just ignore him.

"Never Wrestle with a Pig. You Both Get Dirty and the Pig Likes It."

Crean went 1-17 that year, and that continued for 2 more seasons. Cut the comparisons...
Crean went to the sweet 16 in years 4 and 5. Can we agree that should be the bare minimum expectation the next couple years?

2020. They where in.

Not a B1G team but an acc team did. Syracuse tied for 10th with Notre Dame. If there had been a tie breaker Syracuse would’ve been 11th as they lost to ND. So it’s not like it won’t or couldn’t happen. They were also 23-14 and 8-10 in conference. Reaching the sweat 16 after losing the second game of the acc tournament. ND did not get in even though the finished tied for tenth. Louisville finished higher also not making a the big dance.
So it’s never happened in 80 years yet it was A LOCK to happen this year? I wonder why that is. Probably nothing to do with bias.

You continually prove that you're a dunce. The experts say IU was in and you say IU was out. Who's going to believe the dunce over the experts?

Also, remember when you said I thought Moore was a sure fire NBA star? That's right you said that I did, but I never said anything close to that. I didn't talk about Moore at all. So, you're a dunce AND a liar, so you got that going for you, which is nice.
You don’t understand that projections before conference tournaments are irrelevant because they don’t predict upsets and at large bids stolen. Yet they happen every year. I just can’t believe people are celebrating 11th place in year 3.

Crean went to the sweet 16 in years 4 and 5. Can we agree that should be the bare minimum expectation the next couple years?
While that would be a realistic goal, what we should expect is consistent improvement in quality of play along with continued good recruiting which should translate into more wins. Archie is on the right track with his recruiting of talented players from winning programs. Not let’s see if he can develop this talent into a winning program. I think he will .

Reactions: jimmygoiu
First team in 80 years. Pretty likely.

So it’s never happened in 80 years yet it was A LOCK to happen this year? I wonder why that is. Probably nothing to do with bias.

You don’t understand that projections before conference tournaments are irrelevant because they don’t predict upsets and at large bids stolen. Yet they happen every year. I just can’t believe people are celebrating 11th place in year 3.

Wow, the fact IU was in has really triggered you. Your narrative on this (as are all your narratives) has been destroyed. Go back to your guarantees. The rest of us will laugh at you.

While that would be a realistic goal, what we should expect is consistent improvement in quality of play along with continued good recruiting which should translate into more wins. Archie is on the right track with his recruiting of talented players from winning programs. Not let’s see if he can develop this talent into a winning program. I think he will .
I’d say recruiting has been pretty average since year 1. Classes ranked in the 30s. I wouldn’t call that good. Not awful, but not good.

I understand many things that you don't, like the fact that all the projections had IU in the tournament. Experts' projections, or the board's biggest dunce's projection? That's an easy choice. Give it up.

No bias needed. It was posted earlier that something like 89 out of 90 bracket predictions had us in so it isn't IU fans saying it. AND we were in pretty comfortably at anywhere from an 8 - 10 seed. There would have to be a TON of upsets in conference tourneys to have push us out.

Here is the link, something you NEVER provide.

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-hoosiers-were-in-89-of-90-final-bracketologies/

and NO ONE is celebrating unlike you would have if IU hadn't made the tourney

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT