ADVERTISEMENT

2 ways to save the 2021 recruiting class

Recruiting rankings:
2018: 4th
2019: 35th
2020: 40th

Notice a trend? I guess you’re just thrilled with this? 40th ranked recruiting classes are good for IU?

I worry 20’s rank ends up falling into the teens after the highest ranked pg in 21 reclassifies. Imagine this nightmare:

2020: 19th

Total dumpster blossom!

Reactions: MrBing
I worry 20’s rank ends up falling into the teens after the highest ranked pg in 21 reclassifies. Imagine this nightmare:

Total dumpster blossom!
If you look at the class rankings of the last 3 classes of the last 3 NCAA champions it blows up the theory feepee has. The rankings will shock you.

If you look at the class rankings of the last 3 classes of the last 3 NCAA champions it blows up the theory feepee has. The rankings will shock you.
The Virginia class was top 10.

UNC has top 10 classes nearly every year.

Villanova averages in the 10-15 range.

How are you continually this wrong?

Total dumpster blossom!
So you’re speculating what could be? Likely best case scenario? Would you celebrate at 19th?

All but one of the expert bracket makers say IU was easily in but you say they weren't. That means that you're looking at missing the cancelled tournament one time out of about 100 chances. Why are you hanging your hat on this except to be a dick?
Easily in? Most had us in the last 4 in and that’s before several spots would have been stolen from conference tournament upsets. It was a true toss up.

The Virginia class was top 10.

UNC has top 10 classes nearly every year.

Villanova averages in the 10-15 range.

How are you continually this wrong?
Did you look at the 3 years prior to the championships?
NC was 10, 70, 14
UV was 98, 65, 23
Villanova was 45, 28, 9
Does that sound like I’m wrong? Try another narrative you doof.

Easily in? Most had us in the last 4 in and that’s before several spots would have been stolen from conference tournament upsets. It was a true toss up.
Tell us old toothless wonder! Tell us what several teams would’ve stole this spots? What is the average? You don’t know. You look for things to fit your Hoosier hating narrative. Just leave already. You don’t even bring good arguments.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
Fp I’ve agreed with you a lot about certain things regarding the state of the program. I still have doubts about Archie. I’m no expert but I think it’s a reasonable argument that the last few years and last year especially had a lot to do with our players. Imo, green was a total fn cancer to this team. Although I also understand and see the argument that this lies on the coaches shoulders also. While recruiting hasn’t been off the charts, I believe Archie is building a foundation to the team with the types of guys he has coming in. I’m good with the recruiting. He has shown improvement based on efficiency numbers. Wind and losses in conference maybe not, but that isn’t taking into consideration the strength of the conference. Am I happy with the results of last year? No, but I did see a slight improvement and have saw improvement the last three years. I’m still not sold on Archie but I do think it’s possible that by year 5, we’ll be a solid program with sustainability. Next year I expect/hope to see steady improvement again. Now, if we regress, I’m gonna be pissed. But, you saying we likely weren’t going to make the tourney if complete fn bs. You wanna gripe about how we’re not elite and likely won’t be with Archie, fine. I think it’s possible we will be, but I wouldn’t bet on it. But don’t fn argue that we weren’t in the tourney, everybody knew we were and you’re really just giving the rainbow and unicorn crowd ammo against you.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
So you’re speculating what could be? Likely best case scenario? Would you celebrate at 19th?

Ya, 4, 35 (small class), 19 is one step closer to, say, 1, 18, 7 and the like...this isn’t that complicated.

See, you’re more cut out for UK or KU.

You’ve solidified your position as the board’s dunce. Congratulations!

IU lists 9 returning players and yet still has a solid recruiting class coming in. I think sometimes people forget that having a really highly ranked class often means you lost a lot of veteran players.

Fp I’ve agreed with you a lot about certain things regarding the state of the program. I still have doubts about Archie. I’m no expert but I think it’s a reasonable argument that the last few years and last year especially had a lot to do with our players. Imo, green was a total fn cancer to this team. Although I also understand and see the argument that this lies on the coaches shoulders also. While recruiting hasn’t been off the charts, I believe Archie is building a foundation to the team with the types of guys he has coming in. I’m good with the recruiting. He has shown improvement based on efficiency numbers. Wind and losses in conference maybe not, but that isn’t taking into consideration the strength of the conference. Am I happy with the results of last year? No, but I did see a slight improvement and have saw improvement the last three years. I’m still not sold on Archie but I do think it’s possible that by year 5, we’ll be a solid program with sustainability. Next year I expect/hope to see steady improvement again. Now, if we regress, I’m gonna be pissed. But, you saying we likely weren’t going to make the tourney if complete fn bs. You wanna gripe about how we’re not elite and likely won’t be with Archie, fine. I think it’s possible we will be, but I wouldn’t bet on it. But don’t fn argue that we weren’t in the tourney, everybody knew we were and you’re really just giving the rainbow and unicorn crowd ammo against you.

green was a cancer last year. Sounds a lot like Romeo was a cancer two years ago. Only difference is this board has several man crushes on romeo and to talk bad about him is not allowed. However to talk shit about a 4 year player, staying through a coaching change.... thats totally fine. It’s not like one actually won us several games hitting more threes than the other did in half of the one season he did play. Or one sat out of the NIT not to get injured, and we happen to play the best basketball with out him.

This board has a lot of hypocrites! And I’m not talking about ol fpeaugh.

More of your unadulterated BS. Links?

Every one of the six I checked DID NOT have us in the last four in.

Prove me wrong. Link six that did have us in the last four.

green was a cancer last year. Sounds a lot like Romeo was a cancer two years ago. Only difference is this board has several man crushes on romeo and to talk bad about him is not allowed. However to talk shit about a 4 year player, staying through a coaching change.... thats totally fine. It’s not like one actually won us several games hitting more threes than the other did in half of the one season he did play. Or one sat out of the NIT not to get injured, and we happen to play the best basketball with out him.

This board has a lot of hypocrites! And I’m not talking about ol fpeaugh.
Green did some good things, but there are reasons why he tended to be on the bench late in games later in the season. Could hit some shots but was a terrible decision maker. Maybe “cancer” is too strong of a word for it. I’m no expert, but I was never a fan of his. For example, do you really think he would of played much under coach knight? I highly fn doubt it

Recruiting rankings:
2020: 40th

Notice a trend? I guess you’re just thrilled with this? 40th ranked recruiting classes are good for IU?
lol.....at this point I just hope they play again sometime in the next couple years. I could care less about rankings.

More of your unadulterated BS. Links?

Every one of the six I checked DID NOT have us in the last four in.

Prove me wrong. Link six that did have us in the last four.
No thanks. I’m not going to link evidence that the world isn’t flat either.

UNC got a 14-19 season from their back to back top 15 classes.
They’ve also been to the Final Four 6 times and won 3 national titles since the last time we made it past the Sweet 16. I’d say they’re doing something right.

Did you look at the 3 years prior to the championships?
NC was 10, 70, 14
UV was 98, 65, 23
Villanova was 45, 28, 9
Does that sound like I’m wrong? Try another narrative you doof.
Why would you only include 3 years? Doesn’t fit your narrative to show 4?

No thanks. I’m not going to link evidence that the world isn’t flat either.

Here is some links for you. None of them say we were in the last four in. Your turn.

Here is Andy Katz. IU a ten seed. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...rnament-bracket-predicted-using-top-16-reveal

Here is Jerry Palm. IU a ten seed. https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

Sporting news. IU a 11 seed. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...rnament-field-of-68/jpwkv3rkmcv51hc0n6zjfuf82

SI. One guy has IU as a 10 the other has IU at an EIGHT. https://www.si.com/college/2020/03/06/ncaa-tournament-bracket-predictions-march-madness

Another site has IU as an 11. https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-tournament/bracket-predictions/

And that took me about two minutes. I know you are a busy person especially trying to keep all your BS straight but you have two minutes.

Why do you guys acknowledge him? Everyone knows he’s just a troll who enjoys riling this board up. You can give evidence that 1+1=2 but he’s just gonna ignore it and spew more bs. Just ignore him and he’ll go away

Why do you guys acknowledge him? Everyone knows he’s just a troll who enjoys riling this board up. You can give evidence that 1+1=2 but he’s just gonna ignore it and spew more bs. Just ignore him and he’ll go away
I had him and a few other trolls on ignore but decided to take them all off except one. I think fpeaugh is funny but I don't know if it's because he's really dumb or because he's pretending to be dumb. Either way he's funny because what he posts is so dumb. :D

The one poster on ignore now is a total a$$wipe who isn't worth reading. He's only here to argue with everyone else until he gets banned again.

Here is some links for you. None of them say we were in the last four in. Your turn.

Here is Andy Katz. IU a ten seed. https://www.ncaa.com/news/basketbal...rnament-bracket-predicted-using-top-16-reveal

Here is Jerry Palm. IU a ten seed. https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

Sporting news. IU a 11 seed. https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nca...rnament-field-of-68/jpwkv3rkmcv51hc0n6zjfuf82

SI. One guy has IU as a 10 the other has IU at an EIGHT. https://www.si.com/college/2020/03/06/ncaa-tournament-bracket-predictions-march-madness

Another site has IU as an 11. https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-tournament/bracket-predictions/

And that took me about two minutes. I know you are a busy person especially trying to keep all your BS straight but you have two minutes.
10-11 seeds are the very definition of the bubble.

There was a good debate on here and in the media whether we needed to win 1 or 2 games in the BTT. We won one, could have possibly won 2. We just don’t know. But either way was far from a certainty.

I didn’t go back that far you idiot. The only narrative is the one you push. Go back 4 years. Hell go back 5. I don’t care. You just can’t admit you are wrong and incompetent.
Why haven’t the top coaches figured out your revolutionary idea that 3 star recruits are as good as 5 stars? It would save them a lot of time and money.

Who would’ve thought you know more about recruiting than Coach K, Calipari, Bill Self, and all the other top coaches? You might want to let all the Hall of Fame coaches out there that they’re all morons and you know better.

10-11 seeds are the very definition of the bubble.

There was a good debate on here and in the media whether we needed to win 1 or 2 games in the BTT. We won one, could have possibly won 2. We just don’t know. But either way was far from a certainty.

You are wrong on this, in every way. The more that you argue a flawed, incorrect point of view, the dumber you look to all other posters. There was a time when, several years ago, your posts were coherent and at times, defensible. Those days have past. How old are you? dementia?

You are wrong on this, in every way. The more that you argue a flawed, incorrect point of view, the dumber you look to all other posters. There was a time when, several years ago, your posts were coherent and at times, defensible. Those days have past. How old are you? dementia?
I’ve continued to bring the facts like I have for years on here. That hasn’t changed. What’s changed is your perception of the facts. Your bias is clouding your ability to see the truth.

That will change. You’ll come back around eventually. And I’ll be waiting here with open arms to welcome you and others back to planet Earth.

Why haven’t the top coaches figured out your revolutionary idea that 3 star recruits are as good as 5 stars? It would save them a lot of time and money.

Who would’ve thought you know more about recruiting than Coach K, Calipari, Bill Self, and all the other top coaches? You might want to let all the Hall of Fame coaches out there that they’re all morons and you know better.
Ha ha ha. You find anywhere I said anything about 3 stars. You have zero comprehension. Just go away.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT