ADVERTISEMENT

2 ways to save the 2021 recruiting class

Cavanagh

Hall of Famer
Mar 1, 2012
A.) win 4 more games this regular season and 1+game in the tournament.

B.) fire Archie and pay a coach 5+ million that actually deserves 5+ million.

We miss the tourney that class is dead. No top 75 player will come here in the loaded Indiana class.

IMO one of the following has to happen in order to not strike out in the class. Tell me I’m wrong and examples of how it can happen another way.

You are not wrong we are dead in the water with 2021 recruits...….The Keion Brooks defection was the canary in the coalmine.

We miss the tourney that class is dead. No top 75 player will come here in the loaded Indiana class.

IMO one of the following has to happen in order to not strike out in the class. Tell me I’m wrong and examples of how it can happen another way.
Winning four more games is not saving the 2021 class. You would need a sweet sixeteen elite 8 run for that. They know archie is a dead man walking and likely want nothing to do with iu. If we could get a good coach in this spring it may change but iu will keep archie and kill recruiting for multiple years.
Archie is only going to be able to get one year players or JC guys at this point.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Winning four more games is not saving the 2021 class. You would need a sweet sixeteen elite 8 run for that. They know archie is a dead man walking and likely want nothing to do with iu. If we could get a good coach in this spring it may change but iu will keep archie and kill recruiting for multiple years.
Archie is only going to be able to get one year players or JC guys at this point.
We aren't winnin 4 more games maybe 2.

Have you seen him play? He wouldn’t have been the answer to what ails IU.
True but it was the start of the downward trajectory of recruiting. Garcia could of possibly helped save archie but we lost thst one also. If help is on the way it must be hiding under a rock.

You are wrong.

Reactions: channi and hondo314
Recruiting is no longer even on life support. It’s cold and buried 6 feet deep. We have a lame duck coach at this point.

You didn’t even swing and miss on this one. You took your flailing, emotional cut before the pitcher even walked out of the friggin locker room. How very dumb of you, Mr. Professional Social Distancer.

I did not realize that you were that anti-Archie. Your allies in this observation/prediction are - victorbear, bailey777 and feepew- three of the most negative and unknowledgable posters in the history of this board. That explains, I guess, why you were so incredibly wrong and silly in your prediction for the 2021 class. IU already has 5star Lander and top 100 (and rising) 4star Duncomb. IU WILL land 2 more solid or better players to round out the class. You want to fire Archie in the middle of his well thought out and executed rebuild and return of IU to consistent high performing teams? I didn't have you in the victorbear/feepew,/bailey777 group of negative numbskulls, but I guess your own words clarily that is exactly the group you are with. Good luck

I did not realize that you were that anti-Archie. Your allies in this observation/prediction are - victorbear, bailey777 and feepew- three of the most negative and unknowledgable posters in the history of this board. That explains, I guess, why you were so incredibly wrong and silly in your prediction for the 2021 class. IU already has 5star Lander and top 100 (and rising) 4star Duncomb. IU WILL land 2 more solid or better players to round out the class. You want to fire Archie in the middle of his well thought out and executed rebuild and return of IU to consistent high performing teams? I didn't have you in the victorbear/feepew,/bailey777 group of negative numbskulls, but I guess your own words clarily that is exactly the group you are with. Good luck
The top 100 and 4 star recruit who is ranked 143 and is a 3 star on this site?

ya, the most up-to-date site in the game

And I’ll save you some typing, ord:

Ferguson
So, in Fergusonese, the rankings on this site only matter if they’re acceptably high? Even for you, endorsing an outright falsehood is stupid. You’re not really that dumb, are you? Lol #Fergusondumb

Reactions: Radio Zero
So, in Fergusonese, the rankings on this site only matter if they’re acceptably high? Even for you, endorsing an outright falsehood is stupid. You’re not really that dumb, are you? Lol #Fergusondumb

more like you desperately holding on to the lowest, outdated ranking

https://247sports.com/player/logan-duncomb-46085465/

do you know what “composite” means? Didn’t think so, ordguson.

i guess you’re still stinging from the Lander commit. Dark, dark day for Captain Dipshit.

more like you desperately holding on to the lowest, outdated ranking

https://247sports.com/player/logan-duncomb-46085465/

do you know what “composite” means? Didn’t think so, ordguson.

i guess you’re still stinging from the Lander commit. Dark, dark day for Captain Dipshit.
Uh, while he’s a 4 star (just barely):there, he’s still not top 100, not even on a composite basis. You’re not really as stupid as you’re now claiming to be, are you? #Fergusondumb

I did not realize you couldn't read time stamps or read and digest information. I posted that after Bob Knight showed up and we got our asses handed to us. You know the 4th straight loss in a row and the verge of a shit storm? I said one of two things needed to happen for recruiting not to shit the bed. Us be good or win 4 games, well we won 5 and could have been 6 or 7 easy. So we turned it around, get it? We started playing a lot better, and if we didnt I would want to fire archie, and so would any normal IU fan. If we lost to Iowa at home and Minny on the road my tune would be way different, but we beat them....

So far we have a 5* and a 3-4* depending on the recruiting site. Not sure I'm with you on the death of recruiting. We all want better results so I can't argue with that.
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I did not realize you couldn't read time stamps or read and digest information. I posted that after Bob Knight showed up and we got our asses handed to us. You know the 4th straight loss in a row and the verge of a shit storm? I said one of two things needed to happen for recruiting not to shit the bed. Us be good or win 4 games, well we won 5 and could have been 6 or 7 easy. So we turned it around, get it? We started playing a lot better, and if we didnt I would want to fire archie, and so would any normal IU fan. If we lost to Iowa at home and Minny on the road my tune would be way different, but we beat them....

I am on board with letting Archie have the time to build his program. You seem to flip flop every couple weeks, depending whether or not IU wins or loses that week. Fire the coach!, typical knee jerk reaction when you don't understand .....

I am on board with letting Archie have the time to build his program. You seem to flip flop every couple weeks, depending whether or not IU wins or loses that week. Fire the coach!, typical knee jerk reaction when you don't understand .....

you’re an idiot. Carry on.

Uh, while he’s a 4 star (just barely):there, he’s still not top 100, not even on a composite basis. You’re not really as stupid as you’re now claiming to be, are you? #Fergusondumb
Composite includes the outdated rankings. When they do update those rankings, just about every expert is putting him in the top 80-100 in rankings.

So far we have a 5* and a 3-4* depending on the recruiting site. Not sure I'm with you on the death of recruiting. We all want better results so I can't argue with that.
Go Hoosiers!

This is an important point in being patient. Recruiting season has heated up and there are a number of good possibilities and 2 good verbal commitments for '21 so far.

Reactions: ORG and jimmygoiu
Neither.
Your delusions of grandeur are getting the better of you. You should probably get have someone look into that for you.
You stalk me for a reason, likely because your insecurity leads you to it. That’s nearly always borne out of fear and intimidation. So, why do I intimidate you so much? It’s an internet message board, after all.

ADVERTISEMENT