ADVERTISEMENT

10:05 in the 2nd Quarter….

Big Red Crimson Buffalo

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
….if you go to that point in the game, you see Coach staring down people on the sideline after a mixup in communication on the field.
I had to rewind it a couple times to make sure I heard it right but either to his staf or players, told them to get their “heads out of their ass.”

….if you go to that point in the game, you see Coach staring down people on the sideline after a mixup in communication on the field.
I had to rewind it a couple times to make sure I heard it right but either to his staf or players, told them to get their “heads out of their ass.”
Saw that also. He was no a happy camper at all.
Think it was directed to the coaches.

Cig is no warm and fuzzy type.

But in general in his interviews, I've been satisfied by his ability to rein it in a little...
He'll decide a questions is stupid (and he'll be correct, I mean in the post game ... "are you looking for starters, or depth, out of the portal?" Durp. Cigs answer with a laugh was the best he can get not 3rd stringers.) but every time I'm expecting that to be the end of it, or get more rude Bobby Knight style, he'll flesh out the answer or tell them he's not trying to be difficult but that's his answer. He smooths things over each time he probably WANTS to just be an ### and cut them off. LOL.

I thought I heard and saw him in an irritated outburst on the sidelines on the spring broadcast, LOL.

Cig is no warm and fuzzy type.

But in general in his interviews, I've been satisfied by his ability to rein it in a little...
He'll decide a questions is stupid (and he'll be correct, I mean in the post game ... "are you looking for starters, or depth, out of the portal?" Durp. Cigs answer with a laugh was the best he can get not 3rd stringers.) but every time I'm expecting that to be the end of it, or get more rude Bobby Knight style, he'll flesh out the answer or tell them he's not trying to be difficult but that's his answer. He smooths things over each time he probably WANTS to just be an ### and cut them off. LOL.

I thought I heard and saw him in an irritated outburst on the sidelines on the spring broadcast, LOL.
The problem is that it’s not a stupid question.

If you say you’re looking for clear starters then you’re saying you don’t think you have one. If you say you’re looking for depth you’re saying you’re satisfied with your ability to put out a good 11, but have some trouble putting out 25.

IMO, the answer should be both. We want guys capable of starting. We want guys who believe they should be starting. At worst, those are the kinds of guys who raise the bar for everyone. So whether they start or come in the rotation, they’re improving the team.

The problem is that it’s not a stupid question.

If you say you’re looking for clear starters then you’re saying you don’t think you have one. If you say you’re looking for depth you’re saying you’re satisfied with your ability to put out a good 11, but have some trouble putting out 25.

IMO, the answer should be both. We want guys capable of starting. We want guys who believe they should be starting. At worst, those are the kinds of guys who raise the bar for everyone. So whether they start or come in the rotation, they’re improving the team.
No, it's a stupid question. There's only one answer to it. Which is the answer Cig gave.

The reporter wasted his chance to get some actual information out of Cig. So fans got nothing from that question.

I think it was the same guy who asked Price about us getting a lot of 'slot receivers' out of the portal. What is he, the coach? Knows how these guys are going to be used? Not that I remember the question itself being dumb, but the labeling, what was price supposed to say "yeah I can't stretch the field"?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT