ADVERTISEMENT

Dexter Dennis News?

So what’s the latest people are hearing? Seems like a perfect fit as far a defense and a kid that can create his own shot! Visit was a week ago kinda figured he would have made a decision or be making it very soon. We are currently full and the deadline to enter the portal is Sunday. So I think if he chooses us he will have to do it soon so whoever gets “creaned” has a chance to transfer!

The Holocaust: Required Instruction in Public Schools

Tomorrow is Holocaust Remembrance Day.

I'm linking Florida legislation that was passed in the '90s, requiring public schools to provide instruction on "the history of the Holocaust, the systematic, planned annihilation of European Jews and other groups by Nazi Germany, a watershed event in the history of humanity, to be taught in a manner that leads to an investigation of human behavior, an understanding of the ramifications of prejudice, racism and stereotyping, and an examination of what it means to be a responsible and respectful person, for the purposes of encouraging tolerance of diversity in a pluralistic society and for nurturing and protecting democratic values and institutions."

Would similarly worded legislation have a chance of enactment today in Florida and many other states? Too "woke?" Are laws like this at risk of being repealed?

A Holocaust survivor spoke to my kids and classmates in their (not Florida) public school a few years back. The discussion left an enormous impression on my Christian kids, and that's a good thing. As evidenced by my second link, this topic needs to be part of the national discourse, perhaps now more than ever.

Nonbinary babies? Let's have another fight!

Oklahoma's governor signed a bill banning any nonbinary markers for gender on birth certificates. There's not a lot of detail in the articles about it, and I don't know much about it, myself, but here it is:

My immediate response was: "Okay, sounds fine. So what?" After all, no one has a gender identity at birth. We are assigned a gender at birth. Then our parents generally raise us as the gender we were assigned. Any problems arise much later in our development. So I couldn't see any reason to mark a birth certificate as anything other than M or F. But then I started thinking about it some more, and a few theoreticals occurred to me that might make this more of a deal than I thought it was. I'm still mulling it over, but I'm sure quite a few of you here will be capable of forming a strong opinion in a hurry....

So, GO!

• Poll
Super league

Would an SEC or B1G school rather...

• make the most money possible, even if it meant leveling the playing field with Clemson, USC, etc

• keep feeding the beast, make less money, but be in the undisputed top 28 of funding and create gap

Results are only viewable after voting.

My friends and I were discussing the merits of forming a Super League for football that includes the SEC, B1G, and select teams from the PAC 12, ACC, and Big 12. I stated that the SEC and B1G would be dumb to do that because they have such a financial and strategic advantage from the current playoff system and current/imminent media deals. They contended that schools would be driven to have more money total rather than the most money (though a smaller number) relative to their competitors. I argued that it would be better for them to raid coaches and players from the "lesser leagues" that have fewer revenue resources.

Thoughts?

Butler vs IU: IU 9 Butler 1. Tucker and Bothwell combine to throttle the Bulldogs...

LHP Cole McDaniel is on the mound for Butler with an ERA of 6.32 in 31.1 IP, while RHP Braydon Tucker is on the mound for IU with an ERA of 5.34 in 30.1 IP. IU is the home team at the Victory Field neutral site.

In the 1st, Tucker walks the leadoff batter to start the game, but then gets the next batter on a K in three pitches. A ground out gets the 2nd out with the runner taking 2nd. Tucker then walks his 2nd batter to put runners on 1st and 2nd with two outs. A WP moves the runners to 2nd and 3rd with two outs. A ground out ends the Bulldogs 1st, but it wasn't a real clean inning for Tucker as he left two walks on base.

Whalen strikes out to open IU's 1st. Jessee then singles to put a man on with one out. Pyne lines out to 1B who simply had to step on 1st for the DP to end IU's 1st.
Reactions: Irregulars and 76-1

CJ Gunn

Nice article about what CJ will bring to IU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT