ADVERTISEMENT

Why is Penix so highly regarded on this board?

trolls, trolls, and more trolls.

sounds like other schools are already recruiting our QB depth, using social media.

i could be wrong, but that would mean what i attribute to trolling is actually mean spirited behavior, combined with a total and complete ignorance of football in general, and the QB position in particular.

some derivative of Hanlon's Razor i suppose.

being there is no shortage of trolls or mean spirited idiots, it's hard to differentiate between them some times, and could be both options are well represented here.

Last edited:
Reactions: vesuvius13
Actually nothing looked better from 2015 or 2016. The difference is that the opponents looked worse. The only difference in the records of those 2 seasons vs. the last two is a horrendous Purdue team the first two and a mediocre Purdue the last two.

I actually prefer being competitive and not being able to close the deal vs. knowing we could not stop an opponent from scoring to save our souls and watching Kevin Wilson bungle the clock and fourth-down situations game after game.
I agree. As long as we are seeing incremental improvement in the program which I believe we are, I’m 100% behind CTA. This is so much better than all those 1-10 seasons I’ve seen.

Actually nothing looked better from 2015 or 2016. The difference is that the opponents looked worse. The only difference in the records of those 2 seasons vs. the last two is a horrendous Purdue team the first two and a mediocre Purdue the last two.

I actually prefer being competitive and not being able to close the deal vs. knowing we could not stop an opponent from scoring to save our souls and watching Kevin Wilson bungle the clock and fourth-down situations game after game.
You must hate having the best offense in the Big Ten and playing in bowl games...

While Purdue has gotten better, schools like MSU, Maryland, and Rutgers have gotten worse. Things balance out. At least we had a coach really good at one thing back then. Now we’re average (or worse) at everything.

Reactions: IUgradman
I agree. As long as we are seeing incremental improvement in the program which I believe we are, I’m 100% behind CTA. This is so much better than all those 1-10 seasons I’ve seen.
Where’s the incremental improvement? We went from spanking Purdue every year and going to back to back bowls to now missing them in two straight years. And getting our butts kicked by Purdue on and off the field. Have you not noticed?

You must hate having the best offense in the Big Ten and playing in bowl games...

While Purdue has gotten better, schools like MSU, Maryland, and Rutgers have gotten worse. Things balance out. At least we had a coach really good at one thing back then. Now we’re average (or worse) at everything.

Yes, with a coaching change we won 1 less game than the 2 seasons we went bowling. However our recruiting classes are doing well and it looks like we might turn a corner over the next couple years.

I think it comes down to this:

Who is the guy that will make exceptional plays out of nothing against the better teams?
When the pocket breaks down and the sh#$ starts to hit the fan against a big pass rush from the conference team, who's that guy?

Peyton is gritty but he doesn't have the athleticism of Penix.

Peyton is safe and won't turn the ball over a lot. However, IU is at a stage where they have to take chances on offense. We've seen two years of conservative. Time to get dynamic. Tired of safe plays and playing not to win on offense.

I'm sorry Tom Allen had sex with your wife while you were distracted looking for a horse farm for Billy Donovan. I guess I shouldn't blame you for the hate.

Yes, with a coaching change we won 1 less game than the 2 seasons we went bowling. However our recruiting classes are doing well and it looks like we might turn a corner over the next couple years.
That 1 game is kind of a big deal if you haven’t noticed.

Very funny. I’m just being objective.
If you were really objective you would be willing to admit that the Purdue teams that beat us the last two years would have also beaten IU in 2015 and 2016. For a guy with such a man crush on Jeff Brohm, I'm surprised you wouldn't immediately acknowledge that. IU made a bowl both years on Darrell Hazell's ineptitude and not Kevin Wilson's coaching acumen.

If you were really objective you would be willing to admit that the Purdue teams that beat us the last two years would have also beaten IU in 2015 and 2016. For a guy with such a man crush on Jeff Brohm, I'm surprised you wouldn't immediately acknowledge that. IU made a bowl both years on Darrell Hazell's ineptitude and not Kevin Wilson's coaching acumen.

I find your continued dislike and unwillingness to acknowledge what CKW did for IU interesting. I say CTA doesn’t have to fight the fights CKW did for the program. I mean come on. He even had to fight for control of game day from the Marching Band! He fought the fight on pay.... I say CTA would not have come to IU just five years earlier as a DC under Lynch for instance. First the money would not have come close. Second, well..... it doesn’t matter because he would never had been there. When CKW was given the ability to hire an actual DC he did. When money was provided he made the change. We went bowling during CKW in spite of the IU Administration ineptitude when it comes to football.

CKW is the Trump of IU football to you guys. You CHOOSE to ignore it. Even CTA acknowledges his contributions. Again, CKW/Allen on the sideline is still better than anything we have seen since. They were the special sauce that got bought by Coca-Cola and put in a cub board to never be seen

I find your continued dislike and unwillingness to acknowledge what CKW did for IU interesting. I say CTA doesn’t have to fight the fights CKW did for the program. I mean come on. He even had to fight for control of game day from the Marching Band! He fought the fight on pay.... I say CTA would not have come to IU just five years earlier as a DC under Lynch for instance. First the money would not have come close. Second, well..... it doesn’t matter because he would never had been there. When CKW was given the ability to hire an actual DC he did. When money was provided he made the change. We went bowling during CKW in spite of the IU Administration ineptitude when it comes to football.

CKW is the Trump of IU football to you guys. You CHOOSE to ignore it. Even CTA acknowledges his contributions. Again, CKW/Allen on the sideline is still better than anything we have seen since. They were the special sauce that got bought by Coca-Cola and put in a cub board to never be seen
Yeah, Wilson even had to fight to get directions back to his room, for Pete's sake! Vbg.

Yeah, Wilson even had to fight to get directions back to his room, for Pete's sake! Vbg.

Wow. That issue is what you remember? Let's not focus on the better level of talent he brought in compared to what he had when he arrived, the change in mind set that "we are not going to allow IU football to be laughed at," the offensive success or the two bowl appearances. Nope let's try to tarnish. I hope CTA takes IU football to the promise land (which might just be regular bowl appearances) and is successful beyond belief, but I won't try to add to his stature by attacking his predecessor. Was CKW the answer to all IU football's problems? Nope, not even close, but he move the program in the right direction. Sad folks want to take shots now.

Well I think he got confused when they responded with all the pronouns because they weren’t sure who he was and didn’t want to offend.

HE/SHE HIM/HER HIS/HER HIS/HERS HIMSELF/HERSELF
zie zim zir zis zieself
sie sie hir hirs hirself
ey em eir eirs eirself
ve ver vis vers verself
tey ter tem ters terself
e em eir eirs emself

What do you expect? They asked if he was ##woke ..... he said of course I’m awake. I’m talking to you aren’t I? He shouldn’t be held responsible for thinking he was speaking to intelligent people because he was on a campus and couldn’t understand what the heck they were saying....

Last edited:
Wow. That issue is what you remember? Let's not focus on the better level of talent he brought in compared to what he had when he arrived, the change in mind set that "we are not going to allow IU football to be laughed at," the offensive success or the two bowl appearances. Nope let's try to tarnish. I hope CTA takes IU football to the promise land (which might just be regular bowl appearances) and is successful beyond belief, but I won't try to add to his stature by attacking his predecessor. Was CKW the answer to all IU football's problems? Nope, not even close, but he move the program in the right direction. Sad folks want to take shots now.

It was a joke, dude. Relax.

Not a "dude." Been on this board for a long time, have not seen you joke about CTA. If true, not your best effort.
Sorry, ma'am. I shouldn't have assumed you're a guy.

No, I haven't joked about CTA. Of course, CTA never stumbled back to a dorm room after berating an RA for not helping him find his room fast enough. On second thought, I probably shouldn't have joked about it. It's reprehensible conduct.

Sorry, ma'am. I shouldn't have assumed you're a guy.

No, I haven't joked about CTA. Of course, CTA never stumbled back to a dorm room after berating an RA for not helping him find his room fast enough. On second thought, I probably shouldn't have joked about it. It's reprehensible conduct.

Does the ma'am thing make you feel good? I usually don't care much how folks want to refer to me, but your response hit a nerve. I usually would avoid calling a guy I don't know "dude." Then again, maybe that is more than we should ask. Yep, your defense of CTA sure makes that original post look like a joke and not a shot at CKW, later categorized as a joke. Keep defending.

You have to win 6 games, not 1. Michigan St, Maryland, and Rutgers were significantly better when Wilson was the coach. Our schedule is easier now than it was back then, even with Purdue’s improvement.

Beat Maryland in 2017 and Minnesota last year and we’re in a bowl both years.

Last edited:
Big Red Crimson Troll, who obviously didn't watch the games last yr.

I watched every game.
Ramsey would excel at a Penn State or Michigan or Ohio State.

However, in case you haven’t been paying attention, Peyton doesn’t have the supporting cast like those schools.
We need somebody who is a notch above to make up for not being surrounded by 4 and 5 star supporting cast. Simple as that.

Reactions: Hoosier009
I watched every game.
Ramsey would excel at a Penn State or Michigan or Ohio State.

However, in case you haven’t been paying attention, Peyton doesn’t have the supporting cast like those schools.
We need somebody who is a notch above to make up for not being surrounded by 4 and 5 star supporting cast. Simple as that.

Well from what I have watched over the past few seasons, it wasn’t a below grade running game or below grade receivers costing games. I would point at the QB and the OL. Did one make the other look more poor than deserved? Who knows. But if you think PR has a shot starting at Penn St, OSU, or UofM I’d like to see that. I’d say IU’s chances of winning those games dramatically improve with him starting.

I am very grateful for Kevin Wilson. He did bring in a certain toughness or feistiness. I loved him challenging Jack Trudeau. Although it took him a while he did finally find a defensive guy to match his offensive prowess.
He was a throwback to the Bob Knight and Bill Mallory era of coaching. I did not like some of the extracurricular stuff that surrounded him. But if (when) Tom Allen gets this turned around it will be partly because of Kevin Wilson.

Let’s hope Penix’s predisposition for interceptions in game 1 doesn’t become his season long Achilles heel, only because there is no Achilles arm.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT