ADVERTISEMENT

Wherein Goat defends a creationist (!)

It's kinda late

But not unheard of. Snow squalls can happen throughout the summer in the high country. Storm warnings suggest significant accumulations, at least enough cause dangerous roads and to get the plows out. I was up at my cabin over the weekend to awake it from its winter sleep and to try out my new Tenkara fly rod. Cold the first day and snow the second. I'm now a fair-weather fisherman, didn't wet the line. The damn pelicans were all over the lake like stink on excrement gorging on big trout.

Not much drought relief. Snow pack on the Eastern Slope is already over 100% of normal while the Western Slope is in the 60-70% level. This storm won't change those figures much. Flash flood warnings are up on the Eastern slope because of thunderstorms at lower elevations and the ground is saturated from several weeks of almost daily rain.

I've never been fly fishing. Something I've always wanted to try, but I've never done it. Especially since trout and salmon are my two favorite types of fish to eat. You ever have a rainbow trout prepared the traditional way - grilled whole? We did that at the restaurant one weekend. I can't begin to count the number of customers who freaked out when the plate was delivered and their dinner was looking back up at them!

I've never been fly fishing. Something I've always wanted to try, but I've never done it. Especially since trout and salmon are my two favorite types of fish to eat. You ever have a rainbow trout prepared the traditional way - grilled whole? We did that at the restaurant one weekend. I can't begin to count the number of customers who freaked out when the plate was delivered and their dinner was looking back up at them!

Don't recall ever grilling or frying a whole trout. I usually butterfly the fish when I eat them. I have had whole fish served in restaurants. Ugliest meal I ever had was a jumbo shrimp served whole. That could have been the inspiration to the original alien movie. ;)

Fly fishing is strictly catch and release for me. The fish I kept to eat came from trolling in lakes, but haven't done that for years. However, we did eat the fish my grandkids first caught. They wouldn't hear of me throwing it back. Cleaning the fish was great fun for them.

Don't recall ever grilling or frying a whole trout. I usually butterfly the fish when I eat them. I have had whole fish served in restaurants. Ugliest meal I ever had was a jumbo shrimp served whole. That could have been the inspiration to the original alien movie. ;)

Fly fishing is strictly catch and release for me. The fish I kept to eat came from trolling in lakes, but haven't done that for years. However, we did eat the fish my grandkids first caught. They wouldn't hear of me throwing it back. Cleaning the fish was great fun for them.
First time I ever ate an animal whole was a soft-shell crab. It felt weird at first, but it only took one bite of that deliciousness to get over it.

At least COH's rabbit hole was tangentially related to my post. Yours isn't even close, so I'm choosing to ignore it.
a) Too late for that
b) You said in your post that global warming skeptics should not be allowed to make legislative policy but here's someone who's clearly either ignorant or lying about the financial situation of Social Security (a real, important issue) and suddenly you're mute. That's the significance.

b) You said in your post that global warming skeptics should not be allowed to make legislative policy but here's someone who's clearly either ignorant or lying about the financial situation of Social Security (a real, important issue) and suddenly you're mute. That's the significance.

That's not at all what I said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT