ADVERTISEMENT

We see two transfers from IU benefit

Penix and AJ Barner improved their NFL draft selection with the teams they transferred to. I hope now we will see IU players get drafted from IU not via IU.
Just thinking the same thing. It’s absurd really. What was he drafted on? When a guy like Peyton Hendershot goes undrafted? Barner doesn’t get drafted if he stays here.

Barner doesn't suck.

Hendershot made the NFL. Rereading the talk said likely would have been drafted except for the off field domestic violence incident. Players slide for all sorts of reasons.

I think who you play for still makes a small difference, but not nearly as much. Too much research.

But Penix would've been way, way down the list if he stayed here. The Allen offense had no clue after its braintrust left.

Barner was drafted on his great size and athleticism would be my guess. The TE spot is occupied by 6-4 or 6-5 people and there's a very limited amount of those in society.

Don’t forget Caleb Jones. The best thing that happened to him was just getting away from the Indiana coaching staff.
Holding onto Hiller was a head scratcher as it made no sense why coach Allen was doing that. Not only losing players due to him but also losing coach McCollough and his sons. Coach Allen's loyalty over results cost him his job.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT