ADVERTISEMENT

Voice of Reason...

I remember senior day for the Mandeville- Eggers class, was against MSU which IU won. Izzo stayed in the tunnel and watched the ceremony. He seemed captivated and rather impressed that ball players were given the microphone to give some really great speeches. Just my impression but I always remembered that.
Thanks. I did not know that.
I left Indiana about 5 years after graduation and moved south. I prefer my palm tree weather but I miss details of IU

Reactions: red hornet
lol we beat an 18-13 MSU team you act like we are champs
I think some are just hoping for stability. If we can be a .500 conference team that flirts with the bubble every year, no one has to worry about the frightening thought of change.

Think about where the fan’s bar was set a couple of weeks ago. Avoid a 6 game losing streak, avoid finishing at the bottom of the big, avoid a mass exodus of players and all is good.

If nothing else those triggered by negative posters (of which you seem to be the poster child, @bsmitty08 ) can breath at least a brief sigh of relief.

The only question in my mind is if stability is good for the long term prospects of the program?

Are the negative, toxic fans that want to see a massive implosion then rebuild in the wrong? One of these decades the negative nancies will be wrong, and not just early like usual.

Reactions: Imsowyctcwuzbetta
I think some are just hoping for stability. If we can be a .500 conference team that flirts with the bubble every year, no one has to worry about the frightening thought of change.

Think about where the fan’s bar was set a couple of weeks ago. Avoid a 6 game losing streak, avoid finishing at the bottom of the big, avoid a mass exodus of players and all is good.

If nothing else those triggered by negative posters (of which you seem to be the poster child, @bsmitty08 ) can breath at least a brief sigh of relief.

The only question in my mind is if stability is good for the long term prospects of the program?

Are the negative, toxic fans that want to see a massive implosion then rebuild in the wrong? One of these decades the negative nancies will be wrong, and not just early like usual.
Stability isn’t here though. We are going to miss the tourney and have zero recruiting class lol

Stability isn’t here though. We are going to miss the tourney and have zero recruiting class lol
I meant stability as in no mass exodus, and coaching change. If we are a program that keeps pushing the bar down in fear, then we exceed that bar every year by moving to the bubble, that’s stability.

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
IU played Msu at home on senior day in 1996 (Evans & Lindemans class). IU on senior day in 1998 (Mandeville and Eggers class) was vs Illinois in a loss. Off two years.
Thanks, I remember Mandeville playing but was mistaken that he was one of the seniors.

I meant stability as in no mass exodus, and coaching change. If we are a program that keeps pushing the bar down in fear, then we exceed that bar every year by moving to the bubble, that’s stability.
The program needs to just hit on getting a good hire at the position. Bad hire after bad hire is not a formula for winning.

As an American who works with Fed and DoD clients, it pains me to watch kneeling during the anthem.

But as a libertarian...I have to clinch my teeth and accept it silently. Talk the talk, walk the walk.

Not sure how or why Richie is equating "support the troops" and "stand for the flag" with how well a P5 highly paid coach is performing. Must be the effects of the pseudoephedrine or methylamine.

Last edited:
Reactions: CriticArisen
Based on what. Career .500 coach. He has FAILED to achieve anything close to his goals when hired despite to pay, killer resources and big NIL war chest. Talk is cheap. In the real world results matter.
Give hime some time. Look what he had when he got at IU. I support Coach Michael Dean Woodson. He was right to call out fake fans like yourself.

Coaches defending coaches? Never heard of it.

Seriously, Michigan State's about to learn about life on the other side. Izzo's last three seasons have all started out ridiculously over-ranked and ended up 23-13, 21-13 and now 18-13. Remind you of anyone?

Who gives AF what Izzo has to say about Mike Woodson?

Do some of you really think you are smarter than this guy
Doesn't fit your narratives.

Coaches always support each other unless they have beef. That being said, Woody does deserve credit for helping develop Ware

Your post support my assumption. “Watch and learn” remember? Like there is something he is doing well to watch is what you are stating, correct? Or how about you provide some substance to your post or stance.
I’ll never understand blind faith in the face of evidence.

Reactions: bsmitty08
Try what? You told me to watch and learn and I watched one of the worst coached teams in basketball all season.
Don’t be a skeptic. You have an agenda.

Please refrain from critical commentary, as that doesn’t help the program. Be a true fan, the rosier your outlook the more intelligent you are. You must be one miserable person.

🙈 🙉 🙊

😉

Edited to include the “speak no evil” emoji

Reactions: bsmitty08
Don’t be a skeptic. You have an agenda.

Please refrain from critical commentary, as that doesn’t help the program. Be a true fan, the rosier your outlook the more intelligent you are. You must be one miserable person.

🙈 🙉 🙊

😉

Edited to include the “speak no evil” emoji
I will give praise when given. I’m not a sunshine pumper by any means. This program needs a shot of energy. It’s a dying brand that needs to be restored! Woody is tired and doesn’t grind. He coaches like NBa coach…roll the ball out and see what happens

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT