ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Allen's buyout is supposedly 20 Million dollars.....

Tscurlo

Junior
Dec 11, 2011
Maybe we can ask Biden for the money.... since he likes to give our money away to Ukraine and Israel and every other foreign country.

I knew I couldn't post my comment in the Football Forum..... so I thought this was a more appropriate place.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Maybe we can ask Biden for the money.... since he likes to give our money away to Ukraine and Israel and every other foreign country.

I knew I couldn't post my comment in the Football Forum..... so I thought this was a more appropriate place.
IU’s AD must be the world’s most boring man. In that spirit, save the money. Hire Marv and Mark. Use the money for something else. I guarantee IU won’t lose any more games. And fire the IT guys assigned to football. They’ll be running Linux and won’t need em

Money moves

Allen seems like a great guy. He's very good as DC but it's looking like Bill Lynch all over again. Time to move on. Hopefully we can keep Sorsbey.

Reactions: Tscurlo
Surely you jest?!?!
I don't know. We have Tayvon but he's riding pine. Sorsbey was looking good until today. But we suffered because the limp noodles on defense can't tackle.

I'm just at a loss. What a disappointment this season.

Reactions: DANC
First amendment is about not being arrested...not about someone's ability to post on a privately owned message board
Not being arrested????

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Not being arrested????

First Amendment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
If you make a disallowed post on here, are you breaking a law set by Congress? Are you a dumbass? Are you a Trumper?

Are you capable of making a post that doesn't involve Trump in some way?

I don't like Biden but he doesn't live rent free in my head.
It was redundant on my part to ask if he was a dumbass and to separately ask if he was a Trumper. More efficient to ask if he was a dumbass Trumper

Reactions: proper golfer
Not being arrested????

First Amendment

And if you get banned from a message board, what does that have to do with the government lmao

• Haha
Reactions: Klaus 7196 and DANC
Let's just wrap this thread up thus: everyone agrees Tom Allen needs to get shitcanned, regardless of politics. I think we can all sign off on that, right?
No.

IU football is crap. Embrace it. Don’t throw $20 million out the window. Use that money for something beneficial (I’d prefer academics— maybe fund a few high-paying chairs in philosophy), not chasing the pipe dream of some miracle coach (or the chance our AD can find one) that will save our program.

No.

IU football is crap. Embrace it. Don’t throw $20 million out the window. Use that money for something beneficial (I’d prefer academics— maybe fund a few high-paying chairs in philosophy), not chasing the pipe dream of some miracle coach (or the chance our AD can find one) that will save our program.
No.

I love this topic. I’m not sure you’re right. Academics have been on a slide too. The law school really took a nose dive. Would that money really make a difference academically? I don’t know.

Sports are important as the doorway to a school. Great sports attract students, give the school exposure, and pride. 20 mil won’t convert us from a bottom big ten school to a u of Chicago.

I don’t know why iu can’t find a decent AD etc. is it just an old boy’s network of guys who part their hair down the middle? I don’t know.

I love this topic. I’m not sure you’re right. Academics have been on a slide too. The law school really took a nose dive. Would that money really make a difference academically? I don’t know.

Sports are important as the doorway to a school. Great sports attract students, give the school exposure, and pride. 20 mil won’t convert us from a bottom big ten school to a u of Chicago.

I don’t know why iu can’t find a decent AD etc. is it just an old boy’s network of guys who part their hair down the middle? I don’t know.
I don’t buy the sports turns into academics argument.

I don’t buy the sports turns into academics argument.
If you want to improve the rep of the school, you first limit who gets in. Then you buy some rockstar faculty. You create more full-rides for rockstar students (make it a goal to have the most National Merit Scholars every year, for example).

Need to cut expenses and get more state funding, though. It’s doable. IU could be Top 25-35 if it put in some reasonable measures.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT