ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger parents FTW

Humbling as I go from helping one kid track down her violin she lost six months ago to fill out the other one’s incident reports
Meh, the girl, you ain't seen anything yet (i've got 4).
The boy, i told you he has potential to be an MVP !!! By 4 he will make Trump blush. (I know I know, he already orange).

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
What’s the deal with this? And I ask out of ignorance. My accountant says all these rural farmers in mo are loaded. Sitting on stacks of cash. I thought farmers were poor?

We've got farmers around where I live that are buying up all the land they can.

Old man died behind where we lived and he farmed his land out. People were afraid a builder would buy it up and build a addition but another farmer bought it instead.

Same thing happened a couple years down the road to a property not even e miles from my house. I went to that auction. Farmers came in and put in a bid late and bought both house and land because they were auctioning off separately. They burned the house down for more land to farm.

What’s the deal with this? And I ask out of ignorance. My accountant says all these rural farmers in mo are loaded. Sitting on stacks of cash. I thought farmers were poor?
The only ones broke are the ones that do not understand the business side of it. Ask your accountant how many of them pay income tax. And yes, I realize they pay a lot In property tax

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It's fascinating to see how threads here evolve. An original post about Long Island Asian tiger parents turns into a discussion of the tax evasion habits of farmers.

This unpredictability is what keeps me coming back, again and again!
Watch clarkson’s farm. Sooooooo good

Reactions: BradStevens

I've never met a poor farmer. Met plenty that looked it or acted like they were, but they definitely weren't.

Pretty impossible business to get into if you weren't born into it. I've got a good friend who's ditched the corp life at age 40 and is going back to run the family farm (4th gen). He's had to buy out some family members, over time... land not cheap. Creates some tough family dynamics when it comes to finances, inheritances, etc...

I've never met a poor farmer. Met plenty that looked it or acted like they were, but they definitely weren't.

Pretty impossible business to get into if you weren't born into it. I've got a good friend who's ditched the corp life at age 40 and is going back to run the family farm (4th gen). He's had to buy out his grandmother and uncle, land not cheap.
Yeah I don’t know any. I wonder if farmers daughters and divorced chicks are on that farmers.com dating app

• Haha
Reactions: larsIU
Only one way to find out.... You know what to do.
Hmmmm. 50 something Farmer-friendly SWM with an ex wife, baby momma, teen, and minion, seeks newly divorced or farmer’s daughter between the ages of 25 and 30. No children and no baggage please. All pics must be date-stamped and without family or friends. Don’t worry about the age difference. I enjoy a full head of hair and you’ll enjoy the corn husk below.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT