ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball changes coming for you old farts

As long as someone is willing to pay.

Salaries are ridiculous.
And so much is F’d up. How do you continue to grow a fan base when home games are blocked out. But yes the money is absurd. Even the cards can’t compete now.

Lars you’ll like this. Im at my daughter’s school to pick up her violin to return to the music store. It’s six months late and she is scrambling because she can’t find it. And her name is on the big board for her Chromebook. It’s in repair status.

And all the kids look like they crawled out of bed in oversized hoodies

And she’s mortified I’m here

And so much is F’d up. How do you continue to grow a fan base when home games are blocked out. But yes the money is absurd. Even the cards can’t compete now.

Lars you’ll like this. Im at my daughter’s school to pick up her violin to return to the music store. It’s six months late and she is scrambling because she can’t find it. And her name is on the big board for her Chromebook. It’s in repair status.

And all the kids look like they crawled out of bed in oversized hoodies

And she’s mortified I’m here
Well if you need a violin let me know. We ended up paying off the RTO program for our daughter. Shockingly, she doesn't play violin anymore.

And yes, it's just zombies everywhere. And the boys just wear basketball shorts and hoodies. EVen when it's 30 degrees out.

Well if you need a violin let me know. We ended up paying off the RTO program for our daughter. Shockingly, she doesn't play violin anymore.

And yes, it's just zombies everywhere. And the boys just wear basketball shorts and hoodies. EVen when it's 30 degrees out.
kids man. Unreal

That's what IU basketball will do to you.
I haven’t watched more then w few minutes of college bball in years. I couldn’t name a single player today on iu. I’m largely with goat. I leave soccer on in the background when I work but never check schedules. If I’m home on the weekends I’ll put the nfl on but if my minion walks in and changes it I don’t care

I haven’t watched more then w few minutes of college bball in years. I couldn’t name a single player today on iu. I’m largely with goat. I leave soccer on in the background when I work but never check schedules. If I’m home on the weekends I’ll put the nfl on but if my minion walks in and changes it I don’t care
I don’t even know when IU plays next. Agree on soccer as it’s on early weekend mornings and I generally find the EPL’s treatment of fans to be far superior to American sports leagues. Ticket prices etc.

I’ll watch the NFL playoffs but only recorded so I can skip through commercials and halftime.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I don’t even know when IU plays next. Agree on soccer as it’s on early weekend mornings and I generally find the EPL’s treatment of fans to be far superior to American sports leagues. Ticket prices etc.

I’ll watch the NFL playoffs but only recorded so I can skip through commercials and halftime.
The epl is an incredible product

The epl is an incredible product
They've got their flaws, most notably their treatment of Man City and their 115 FFP violations. Gonna be a bellwether how they decide those cases in light of hammering Clevelend State errr Everton and Nott Forest.

I mean, if they don't hammer City, Newcastle should just say **** it at that point and spend whatever they want.

They've got their flaws, most notably their treatment of Man City and their 115 FFP violations. Gonna be a bellwether how they decide those cases in light of hammering Clevelend State errr Everton and Nott Forest.

I mean, if they don't hammer City, Newcastle should just say **** it at that point and spend whatever they want.
Good point

Reactions: larsIU
Yeah but I think Bally’s is in negotiations. That’s how I came across this as they were talking about the cards who are on ballys
It sounds like they are, but would have much rather seen Amazon pick them up too.

Full disclosure, Mrs hooky wanted Hulu and I agreed, then realized how shitty Hulu is for sports if you're the kind of guy who wants to rewind at a break to watch something that happened again.

It sounds like they are, but would have much rather seen Amazon pick them up too.

Full disclosure, Mrs hooky wanted Hulu and I agreed, then realized how shitty Hulu is for sports if you're the kind of guy who wants to rewind at a break to watch something that happened again.
It’s musical chairs at this point.

Reactions: hookyIU1990

I use to have Hulu and switched to YouTube TV.

No comparison with the sports.

My kids didn't like me for a while because Disney was cut off when Hulu was because of the package deal. I got their love back though... only cost me $13.99 because those brats can't watch an add.

I hate myself.

I use to have Hulu and switched to YouTube TV.

No comparison with the sports.

My kids didn't like me for a while because Disney was cut off when Hulu was because of the package deal. I got their love back though... only cost me $13.99 because those brats can't watch an add.

I hate myself.
YTTV didn't have Magnolia or something like that. Instead of telling her to watch her own stove, I relaxed my pimp hand and allowed it.

Reality: I got tired of the endless comparisons and just said "I trust your judgement, Do what you want, Dear". I couldn't take any more of it.

No one can get along that well. Something will pop. Hell even the roloffs that were supposed to be so wholesome ended up leaving each other for real life sized people
This is the only rolloff I'm familiar with, Murt.

lw0s2ZR.jpg

I thought I read that Amazon Prime is going to pick up all the regional Bally Sports stuff, no?

We don't have Bally Sports, so we use my parents' sign in on their app (he uses my Apple TV, Disney bundle and HBO Max, so we're good there). Bally's app sucks so hard. Almost every time we open the app, we have to sign in again. If we can just watch all the local games through Amazon Prime, that will be one less thing to worry about.

I completely cut the cord on everything. I have a digital ota antenna and that’s it. I have YouTube on the Roku.

The only sports I watch are the games I can draw over the air. Which was pretty much every NFL playoff game until the Chiefs abomination on peacock last weekend.

They’re fast on their way to losing me altogether.

Streaming and sports. Baseball might end up like mls on apple. $$$
Re: MLS on Apple TV, I feel like that league is missing a HUGE market share/opportunity. They're on the cusp of growing, but for an average interested fan like me, paying an extra $12.99/month on top of all the other stream services just to watch soccer isn't worth it. It was nice to watch the semi-finals and finals for free, but I don't know that I'd pay for the whole season. I wish they did some games on more accessible channels. I'd watch.

I completely cut the cord on everything. I have a digital ota antenna and that’s it. I have YouTube on the Roku.

The only sports I watch are the games I can draw over the air. Which was pretty much every NFL playoff game until the Chiefs abomination on peacock last weekend.

They’re fast on their way to losing me altogether.
Holy shit!!! Wow. I have everything there is. We are going to have a family meeting this weekend and cut a bunch of shit. I never watch Amazon, Disney, and so many others. It’s just stupid

• Haha
Reactions: Indyhorn and larsIU
Holy shit!!! Wow. I have everything there is. We are going to have a family meeting this weekend and cut a bunch of shit. I never watch Amazon, Disney, and so many others. It’s just stupid
I'm in that same boat. I actually have Peacock and forgot about it. My son wanted to watch that Belair show and we got it then. I STILL didn't watch the Chiefs game though.

• Haha

Jaded in Jr. High...... thug life.

• Haha
You can get a lot of kid shows on YouTube. I was paying for Disney for the kids and found I could find about anything they want on YouTube.

Re: MLS on Apple TV, I feel like that league is missing a HUGE market share/opportunity. They're on the cusp of growing, but for an average interested fan like me, paying an extra $12.99/month on top of all the other stream services just to watch soccer isn't worth it. It was nice to watch the semi-finals and finals for free, but I don't know that I'd pay for the whole season. I wish they did some games on more accessible channels. I'd watch.
Wow. Congrats on turning this thread for the better. So I’m not going to go back to look and I’m going to wing my answer re apple. Mls has largely survived on franchise fees. Expansion was a guaranteed source of major revenue. With Saint Louis any whomever is coming on soon (San Diego and I think maybe just one other) they are basically tapped on that rev stream. They were counting on a new big tv contract and it didn’t come through. I think viewership was on par at the time with la liga. Apple basically bailed them out. They’ll get a spike this year with inter Miami. I and many others will subscribe just for that. But after next year and Messi and gang boot it’ll be interesting to see where mls goes. They need to fix salary construction and imo the schedule and timing of the season and roster composition. Stl is basically all second league foreigners. The stadium experience is second to none. It’s truly spectacular. But in time the novelty of that will wear off and it won’t be worth $$$ to see second leaguers from Belgium.

More than you wanted but you invited this response

I'm in that same boat. I actually have Peacock and forgot about it. My son wanted to watch that Belair show and we got it then. I STILL didn't watch the Chiefs game though.
I will say that I almost never go out. With my ex stoker we were out to dinner 2-3 times a week. Drinks. Then drinks after getting F’d up. Uber home. I’m out maybe once a month now

Being a grandparent will do that to you. ;)
I’ll tell ya DANC. I’ve settled in and am super happy. Do what I want. None of her bs I’d always have to do. Loving the peace. Loving the time with the kids doing what we want. Full on Disney dad with no interference. Life is perfect

Altho I do worry when they leave and I’m old I might be f’d

I’ll tell ya DANC. I’ve settled in and am super happy. Do what I want. None of her bs I’d always have to do. Loving the peace. Loving the time with the kids doing what we want. Full on Disney dad with no interference. Life is perfect

Altho I do worry when they leave and I’m old I might be f’d
Don't worry about that. Enjoy the Zen. Kind of like when my wife goes to Florida for the winter. Everyone feels sorry for poor old DANC because he's home alone.... the jokes on them.

I get to do whatever the hell I want and get to see the grandkids at least several times a week. I know how you feel.

When you get to be my age, you'll get to do it all over again with grandkids and you'll love it. I still get together with HS and IU friends and we all check up on each other. I never feel like I'm forgotten.

I'm glad you're in a good place.

You just described my son. He despises “pants.” Pants to him are sweats. Forget about jeans. Too uncomfortable. ****ing p*%*y

Don't worry about that. Enjoy the Zen. Kind of like when my wife goes to Florida for the winter. Everyone feels sorry for poor old DANC because he's home alone.... the jokes on them.

I get to do whatever the hell I want and get to see the grandkids at least several times a week. I know how you feel.

When you get to be my age, you'll get to do it all over again with grandkids and you'll love it. I still get together with HS and IU friends and we all check up on each other. I never feel like I'm forgotten.

I'm glad you're in a good place.
Your wife goes to fla for the winter without you!! Wow that is a good set up. Damn. #lifeofdanc

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT