ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks, GOP & NRA! 5 Mass Shooting in 2024; 656 last year (UPDATED 01/05/24)

Good thing we have GOP thoughts and prayers. That will surely stop the nex mass shooting.

Good thing we have GOP thoughts and prayers. That will surely stop the nex mass shooting.
We ain’t getting gun legislation dog. Open border. Biden’s flying terrorists all over the country and dropping them off. Half the country is getting armed not legislating. Symbiosis. Benefit one benefit another. Border and violent crime torpedoed any hopes of gun legislation

Had a history of mental illness and had threatened to kill people. But your FBI is focused on trespassing grandma's instead.
What is the system for tracking these people? If you check into a nervous hospital are authorities alerted and cross check gun registration etc?

What is the system for tracking these people? If you check into a nervous hospital are authorities alerted and cross check gun registration etc?
Nervous hospital?! How old are you?

I think "nervous hospital" went the way of the horse and buggy. Since then, the terminology has evolved from mental hospital to psychiatric facility to behavioral hospital/behavioral wellness center.

Nervous hospital?! How old are you?

I think "nervous hospital" went the way of the horse and buggy. Since then, the terminology has evolved from mental hospital to psychiatric facility to behavioral hospital/behavioral wellness center.
And honestly it’s almost shocking how many behavioral wellness centers there are. And if you prefer your couch medication assisted teletherapy. Get your drugs in your mailbox and doctor on your app

I'd be willing to bet your mortgage payment that this guy has at least one prescription for something related to "mental well-being".
for sure. whether he was taking his meds is obviously another matter. that said, again, is nothing triggered w/ regard to gun registrations/ownership and authorities if mental health drugs are prescribed?

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Remember perspective. 200 blacks in a city of 150,000 blacks will murder more people in a year than all these old white guys combined. One very progressive democrat run city

Ah, yes. When faced with reasonable gun legislations backed by the majority of Americans, fall back on the reliable "those wild blacks in Chicago" smokescreen.

The Republicans dirty tricks gang never fails.

Reactions: UncleMark
Ah, yes. When faced with reasonable gun legislations backed by the majority of Americans, fall back on the reliable "those wild blacks in Chicago" smokescreen.

Nah your hyper partisanship combined with your habit of losing the forest for the trees induces reflux. You don’t know how to present arguments.

I’m personally armed to the teeth at all times. Down to an ankle knife should they reach my person. It’s a nightmare for me to get into mls games and when paired with shorts I draw looks. But my chances of this Maine shooter getting me are next to zero. My chances of an armed jacking by a thug going back to my car downtown Sunday night at 11 are much higher. But the progressive Dems don’t care too much about that. Neither do you. I don’t see you recounting those daily occurrences.

So am I for gun legislation. Shit I’m for abolishing guns as long as they are removed from everyone.

I’m just sayin’, if I was a coyote who made my living helping people across the border, I’d be showing them footage of every elected republican dumbass on tv saying “the border is wide open!!!”.

for sure. whether he was taking his meds is obviously another matter. that said, again, is nothing triggered w/ regard to gun registrations/ownership and authorities if mental health drugs are prescribed?
Not sure how it works in Maine. Here, red flag laws could lead to firearms being removed. There is still the element of enforcement, though. The Marion County (Indy) prosecutor didn't do anything to the guy who later shot up the FedEx facility at the airport. The dude's mom said he had guns and was making threats to kill the people he worked with, but no action from the prosecutor's office who is responsible for executing the order.

Reactions: mcmurtry66 and DANC
Nah your hyper partisanship combined with your habit of losing the forest for the trees induces reflux. You don’t know how to present arguments.

I’m personally armed to the teeth at all times. Down to an ankle knife should they reach my person. It’s a nightmare for me to get into mls games and when paired with shorts I draw looks. But my chances of this Maine shooter getting me are next to zero. My chances of an armed jacking by a thug going back to my car downtown Sunday night at 11 are much higher. But the progressive Dems don’t care too much about that. Neither do you. I don’t see you recounting those daily occurrences.

So am I for gun legislation. Shit I’m for abolishing guns as long as they are removed from everyone.
"Down to an ankle knife should they reach my person. It’s a nightmare for me to get into mls games and when paired with shorts I draw looks."

Oh, the mental image that creates!

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66

Yeah, some smokescreen. You and @DrHoops are clearly dupes of the media.

• Haha
Reactions: ButHerEmails
LOL - do you think the gun lobby wants to restrict anyone on prescribed mental health medication from owning a gun? If that happened, they’d have to force the government to subsidize gun manufacturers because they’d go broke otherwise.

LOL - do you think the gun lobby wants to restrict anyone on prescribed mental health medication from owning a gun? If that happened, they’d have to force the government to subsidize gun manufacturers because they’d go broke otherwise.
Yeah I was too loose with that. I meant admitted to a behavioral health Ctr etc

Yeah I was too loose with that. I meant admitted to a behavioral health Ctr etc
There's a section on the background check form that asks the question.

Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

If the answer is yes, you're not getting a firearm from a licensed dealer. If you answer no, it will still come back as denied IF the jurisdiction provided the information to the feds as they're supposed to do. Same for all the other disqualifying events.

There's a section on the background check form that asks the question.

Have you ever been adjudicated as a mental defective OR have you ever been committed to a mental institution?

If the answer is yes, you're not getting a firearm from a licensed dealer. If you answer no, it will still come back as denied IF the jurisdiction provided the information to the feds as they're supposed to do. Same for all the other disqualifying events.
You mean like being a drug addict but lying about it on your gun application? Or taking it within so many yards of a school?

You mean like being a drug addict but lying about it on your gun application? Or taking it within so many yards of a school?
Won't do a single day of time for it, but they don't go after anyone who submits false info anyway.

Reactions: DANC
Just because the overwhelming majority of mass murderers are straight males, it doesn't mean that 100% of them are. Sometimes Alford missed a free throw. dmb...Did you record an Alford miss and scream about how we never want him shooting free throws any more?

Just because the overwhelming majority of mass murderers are straight males, it doesn't mean that 100% of them are. Sometimes Alford missed a free throw. dmb...Did you record an Alford miss and scream about how we never want him shooting free throws any more?
This is the mass shooting profile. 5 kids shot.

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
What are the odds, you think, of the shooter being transgender?
I know what the odds of every mass shooter are. Highly likely to be young and black with no regard for life. Unfortunately that fact perpetually evades you. Until you recognize that you’re stepping over dollars to chase pennies with your politics and progressive nonsense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT