ADVERTISEMENT

Thanks, GOP & NRA! 5 Mass Shooting in 2024; 656 last year (UPDATED 01/05/24)

I’ll tell you something else. Guns used to be a tool. They had a purpose. We didn’t touch them until we went hunting. Most people I knew did that. You might brag about the field, duck gun etc…but it wasn’t a gun worship society. The view of ownership is completely different today. The more, powerful gun you own makes up for a deficiency of some I guess. My view hasn’t changed. They have a purpose like any other tool. Do I need 20-30 of them for the job? No. I also keep them locked up and don’t brag about it.

Agree. For better and/ or worse, we never shook the pioneer ethos. Then we fed the modern pseudo pioneer/ cowboy mind-warping sensationalist media and psyche-crushing social inferiority complex marketing while also letting larger segments of the population slip down the socioeconomic scale. So many small towns and inner city neighborhoods just rotted away.

So now folks in the inner city think they need guns to survive and everyone else thinks they need a gun to defend themselves against the inner-city folks and the government.

At this, we suck.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Agree. For better and/ or worse, we never shook the pioneer ethos. Then we fed the modern pseudo pioneer/ cowboy mind-warping sensationalist media and psyche-crushing social inferiority complex marketing while also letting larger segments of the population slip down the socioeconomic scale. So many small towns and inner city neighborhoods just rotted away.

So now folks in the inner city think they need guns to survive and everyone else thinks they need a gun to defend themselves against the inner-city folks and the government.

At this, we suck.
Personal experience is key too. I never conceal carry until 2 years ago. Had a gun pulled on me in a road rage incident. Scared the crap out of me. He cocked it and everything. I wasn’t threatening him either. It was pure anger from him trying to get around me. Now I don’t carry everywhere I go. People are just crazy.

• Wow
Personal experience is key too. I never conceal carry until 2 years ago. Had a gun pulled on me in a road rage incident. Scared the crap out of me. He cocked it and everything. I wasn’t threatening him either. It was pure anger from him trying to get around me. Now I don’t carry everywhere I go. People are just crazy.

Sorry that happened to you. I’ve seen a couple guns drawn in public but luckily not on me. Can’t even imagine. My defense would be to immediately shit my drawers.

American males just have too much gun mojo in our DNA. Self-perpetuating, largely irrational.

I hate it but still support 2nd Amendment. We are screwed.

Sorry that happened to you. I’ve seen a couple guns drawn in public but luckily not on me. Can’t even imagine. My defense would be to immediately shit my drawers.

American males just have too much gun mojo in our DNA. Self-perpetuating, largely irrational.

I hate it but still support 2nd Amendment. We are screwed.
Can’t compare us to any other modern country. We really are different in so many ways.

Oh look, the liberalized FBI squandered another chance to stop a mass shooting. Will our law enforcement agencies ever do their jobs?

As easy as it is to sit here in hindsight and point out all the obvious warning signs, the FBI can’t be expected to monitor and act on every crazy thing said in every corner of the internet.

Take the DOEd budget, three armed guards in every school, problem solved.

Need to reopen mental institutions asap. Needs federal funding though.
Couple it with stronger background checks for all guns. Neither will solve the problem. That's not possible. But I guarantee it will reduce the instances if A. These nut bags are committed B. Even if not committed they have no chance of owning a fire arm.

Again not a cure all. But what laws are?

Couple it with stronger background checks for all guns. Neither will solve the problem. That's not possible. But I guarantee it will reduce the instances if A. These nut bags are committed B. Even if not committed they have no chance of owning a fire arm.

Again not a cure all. But what laws are?
I wish they'd make it a punishable offense to not report things like dishonorable discharges, psych events, and such to the NICS database. It's there for a reason, but so often you read after the fact that someone who committed a gun crime legally bought a firearm and shouldn't have been able to do so.

Add another Tranny to the list. 5 year old kid is likely dead. Only one other person was wounded.

This story was puzzling. We don't know the motive yet correct? The reason why I think it's puzzling is because this church doesn't preach against sin at all. So it wouldn't make sense that the teaching of the church caused this violence.

Reactions: DANC
I wish they'd make it a punishable offense to not report things like dishonorable discharges, psych events, and such to the NICS database. It's there for a reason, but so often you read after the fact that someone who committed a gun crime legally bought a firearm and shouldn't have been able to do so.

Your stream is spot on fwiw. Keep it going!

She was anti-semitic, had a pro-Palestine sticker ON THE AR-15, legally kept the gun after in-patient mental health treatment, and had past detainments (plural) for criminal activity prompted by mental health episodes. Recently "on the outs" with family members over her anti-Semitism.

The kind of person the NRA apparently STILL THINKS should not be denied the right to carry an AR-15.

• Haha
Reactions: Sope Creek
You guys always have the “best” sources of information. Wonder why.

Are you insinuating that THE Daily Mail isn't a top tier publication?

james-franco-what.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and mcmurtry66
Also, The Interview is an underrated flick. It's silly and stupid, but entertaining.
I’ve never seen it. Will check it out. Just finished the bear. Boring poor people restaurant shit. Went back and tried again. Outstanding. Not breaking bad sopranos but a great show. The Xmas episode is so so good. Great show with great music. Old rem the smiths blah blah blah. If you want a really fun show try mr inbetween. You’ll love it

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
I’ve never seen it. Will check it out. Just finished the bear. Boring poor people restaurant shit. Went back and tried again. Outstanding. Not breaking bad sopranos but a great show. The Xmas episode is so so good. Great show with great music. Old rem the smiths blah blah blah. If you want a really fun show try mr inbetween. You’ll love it

What platform(s) did you watch those on?

"He petitioned to have his gun rights restored in 2020 in relation to a 2008 felony assault conviction."

Ooops.
In most states gun rights can be restored after expungement.

In Indiana it's 8 years, unless a prosecutor agrees to do it earlier. Non violent felony 6 can be reduced to a misdemeanor after 3 years. So long as there are no new pending felonies or convictions.

He was denied because he was convicted of a violent crime. Which was the right call. What happened after that is on him.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
In most states gun rights can be restored after expungement.

In Indiana it's 8 years, unless a prosecutor agrees to do it earlier. Non violent felony 6 can be reduced to a misdemeanor after 3 years. So long as there are no new pending felonies or convictions.

He was denied because he was convicted of a violent crime. Which was the right call. What happened after that is on him.

That makes sense bc violent crimes are really the ones you care about for those seeking to buy firearms

Reactions: zephyr82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT