ADVERTISEMENT

Tevin declares for NFL draft

hoosiers kid

Freshman
Dec 28, 2004
Joe Schad just tweeted that Tevin will declare for the draft.

@schadjoe: Indiana RB Tevin Coleman, a possible 1st Rounder, said he will enter the next NFL Draft. "This is my dream," Coleman told ESPN.

I hate to see him go, but I think this is the right call.

Jordan Howard come on down.

Congrats to Tevin! Selfishly I would love to see him come back..

but this is the right call for him and his family. Arrived in Bloomington 3 years ago as a relatively unknown kid from Chicago and now will likely here his name called on opening night in 2015 draft.

Glad his hard work and efforts will pay off.

Re: Thank you Tevin. Bring on Jordan Howard! My sentiments!

If the UAB RB was letting this factor into his thoughts at all, now is the time to pull the trigger. Join your WR teammate and step into spot of a 1st team all-american who will likely be a top 1-2 round pick in upcoming draft. Plus, compete in very robust B10 that had 3 top tier talent RB's this year from IU, WI & NE.

Good things are happening ahead with the program...you can add to that.

My guess is that Howard..

wants to play at IU but was waiting for the timing of Tevin's announcement first. If Howard said yes to us earlier it would have taken away from Tevin's day.

My guess is Howard says yes to us by Wednesday at the latest.

Agree. I believe he decided on IU as long as TC declared.

If he announces this week can he (and Hawkins) be at IU this coming semester? What a great boost for them and the program to be here for spring ball.

I knew it was just about zero chance, but I was really hoping for a Peyton-like announcement of him coming back for one more year. Oh well…..good luck, Tevin. Hope the Colts take you!!

I really enjoy watching IU guys play on Sundays. He seems like a great kid

and wish him the best. It really was his only choice. He had way too much to lose and not that much to gain if he stayed. I hope he gets his degree just for his sake. I enjoyed that he said he got a 3.0 gpa last semester. Thanks TC. I would love to see the Colts get you.

Re: Tevin/Colts..

I think he'll be around when Colts choose. I know the Colts need to address OLine, LB/Safety..but it would be very hard to pass on Tevin at 25 or so considering TR just isn't producing and concern over Bradshaw injury/age.

I just hope Tevin lands in a good situation. Hate seeing someone get buried on a depth chart never to be heard from again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT