ADVERTISEMENT

Iran President's helicopter down

Source was correct.
Sounds like it. Not really sure what this means. How hardline was this guy? Is the next guy going to be worse or was this guy the bottom of the barrel?

Or does it even really matter in Iran where the clerics actually run the show?

Sounds like it. Not really sure what this means. How hardline was this guy? Is the next guy going to be worse or was this guy the bottom of the barrel?

I read something this morning saying their constitution requires an election within 50 days. Then it went on to say that any candidates must be approved by the clerics before they can run. Nothing possibly changes until Khomeini dies and he's 85.

Reactions: mrhighlife
I read something this morning saying their constitution requires an election within 50 days. Then it went on to say that any candidates must be approved by the clerics before they can run. Nothing possibly changes until Khomeini dies and he's 85.
I've heard Raisi was considered a likely successor for Khameni. So, there's that.

At least I know one thing, I'll never die in a helicoptor.

From what I can read he was as hardline as the Supreme Leader. Sounds like he took bullets for the Supreme Leader.

Could this ignite more unrest?

Reactions: mrhighlife
@UncleMark - tagged you since you may have missed Stoll’s question but please post your source for this so we can dismiss it as bs if anybody links or posts from what is obviously a propaganda source…
69337609.jpg

Got em all. 🔥

Congratulations Gravity and Spatial Disorientation ((With an assist from Bell Helicopters Inc.)). And here's hoping the Israelis actually did have a hand in it...

Couldn't have happened to a finer group of fellas...

Chopper burned down to melted skids... Nice introduction to the rest of their time in the nether regions...
I'm guessing those 72 virgins are still virgins

Reactions: 76-1
@UncleMark - tagged you since you may have missed Stoll’s question but please post your source for this so we can dismiss it as bs if anybody links or posts from what is obviously a propaganda source…

I was going to all the sites that Drudge linked. AP, CNN, The Guardian, IIRC. Those sites were presumably relying on Iranian sources. Also was watching CNN's TV coverage. dbm and others were posting twitter links without any sourcing. Yeah, turned out the guy did die. There was a 50-50 chance the twats would be right, and they won the coin toss.

I was going to all the sites that Drudge linked. AP, CNN, The Guardian, IIRC. Those sites were presumably relying on Iranian sources. Also was watching CNN's TV coverage. dbm and others were posting twitter links without any sourcing. Yeah, turned out the guy did die. There was a 50-50 chance the twats would be right, and they won the coin toss.
I am not a mathematician but; mountains + helicopter + fog + no contact = 99.99% mortality. Only Matt Damon can survive that shit

I am not a mathematician but; mountains + helicopter + fog + no contact = 99.99% mortality. Only Matt Damon can survive that shit
Fair enough. I was just going by dead or not dead. People were claiming he was dead based on pure speculation.

A thumbnail synopsis:

• Haha
This is kinda funny, ish.
But today’s aircraft (fixed wing can’t stop, rotor wing can), has synthetic vision. Garmin has mapped the entire E’ffing planet. If I loose visual reference, I punch a button and I have synthetic vision (updated 29 days ago and earth doesn’t change that much) .

Pilot distortion happens, I get it. But Kobe’s pilot and the helo the the president of Iran fly in…..
my $80k personal plane has enough tools to prevent this shit.
Just sayin.

Iran is blaming the US led sanctions, essentially conceding mechanical failure was -- or could have been -- a factor.
You should be happy, right? Those are facts. Merica caused this. That’s the only “fact” you need.

Iran is blaming the US led sanctions, essentially conceding mechanical failure was -- or could have been -- a factor.
One can only hope that was the case...

The reality is most likely that their pilot F'd up..., put he and his passengers inside a milk bottle, lost spatial awareness, and flew it right into the trees...

Having experienced both gray outs and white outs myself on multiple occasions I understand his problem... The term "disoriented" doesn't begin to cover it...

*One can only hope that their president survived the intial crash...*

Reactions: DANC and UncleMark
One can only hope that was the case...

The reality is most likely that their pilot F'd up..., put he and his passengers inside a milk bottle, lost spatial awareness, and flew it right into the trees...

Having experienced both gray outs and white outs myself on multiple occasions I understand his problem... The term "disoriented" doesn't begin to cover it...

*One can only hope that their president survived the intial crash...*
You fly?

Their maintenance budget was redirected to acquiring missiles for Hamas. We all have to live (or die) with the consequences of our decisions.
Helo’s with an engine failure, glide like a man hole cover, to their final landing spot. Final, landing spot. They do “land”, though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT