ADVERTISEMENT

Someone posted that if Woody stays there will be a mass exodus.

kurt cloverdales

All-American
Mar 3, 2020
that kind of surprises me, I remember a couple of years ago someone posted a video of him going back to New York. and you could see the players running up and hugging him like they generally loved the guy. Carmelo speaks very well of him, thought that might be because he let him do what he wanted. but nevertheless, I thought if there was 1 positive of his hiring it was his NBA connections and the close relationships he seemed to have had with his players.

If the rumor is true, do you think the players are disenchanted with his coaching or has there become a genuine dislike of him as a man and coach.

Reactions: Indyhorn
that kind of surprises me, I remember a couple of years ago someone posted a video of him going back to New York. and you could see the players running up and hugging him like they generally loved the guy. Carmelo speaks very well of him, thought that might be because he let him do what he wanted. but nevertheless, I thought if there was 1 positive of his hiring it was his NBA connections and the close relationships he seemed to have had with his players.

If the rumor is true, do you think the players are disenchanted with his coaching or has there become a genuine dislike of him as a man and coach.
Fair take- I’ve thought the same thing. But maybe the players see we win in spite of Woody not due to him. I have thought their free throw shooting maybe sucked as they wanted to make them too badly for Woody. Who can honestly say. I think Woodson gets next season, I think it’ll be a brutal season. But at least we have some tantalizing smoke in mean time and we can hope!!

Fair take- I’ve thought the same thing. But maybe the players see we win in spite of Woody not due to him. I have thought their free throw shooting maybe sucked as they wanted to make them too badly for Woody. Who can honestly say. I think Woodson gets next season, I think it’ll be a brutal season. But at least we have some tantalizing smoke in mean time and we can hope!!
I know some big-time movers and shakers and I haven't caught wind of any of this yet. if it is true who ever leaked it is pretty damn stupid. from the Dolson or the Pearl side. terrible timing for Pearl with the post season starting next week, he's going to have to address this.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey and Indyhorn

It is hard to say honestly we will not know until they leave or stay. I think he is a great nba guy but maybe to college guys he is not cause not all want or can get to the nba. So they want a college coach not an nba guy type deal. Only a couple iu guys now can make the nba so most maybe are not that excited with woodsons nba talk.

Reactions: Seyton

Making decisions to appease current players is what started this shit avalanche 20 years ago.

meanwhile many of us get one year closer to the great gig in the sky and IU is one more year removed from relevancy.

i like Mike but I've seen enough. He didn't think 2023-2024 through. The whole thing stinks. I don't think my mind can be changed back now.

They can like him as a person, and not respect him as a coach and/or feel good about staying in the current situation.

They can like him as a person, and not respect him as a coach and/or feel good about staying in the current situation.
True. Finishing .500 in the NBA and making millions of dollars is really not a bad year for most guys in the league. Probably can have some fun doing it with a guy like Woody. In college, Woody can be a really cool coach, but going to Indiana and missing the dance has to suck. Sure, you get a little money and scholly, but if you are not a an NBA kid you are there to win and have fun and 80% of having fun in college is winning and winning big.

I assume MM and MR want to play for a program that wins and makes the tourney. They can get the same NIL at other schools I am sure

Woods is a great guy but just a terrible college coach.

Reactions: Indyhorn
True. Finishing .500 in the NBA and making millions of dollars is really not a bad year for most guys in the league. Probably can have some fun doing it with a guy like Woody. In college, Woody can be a really cool coach, but going to Indiana and missing the dance has to suck. Sure, you get a little money and scholly, but if you are not a an NBA kid you are there to win and have fun and 80% of having fun in college is winning and winning big.
It's not like Woody is some NBA whisperer. What's he going to tell players?

"I can get you to the League, kid. I know I haven't been an NBA head coach in 10 years and my record there is sub-.500, but my inside-in offense is tailor made for professional basketball.'

But it is just the reverse then.
Make Davis the coach or we walk vs get rid of the coach or we walk!
I think I’ve made up my mind: burn it to the ground and go for the big hire. Would really hate losing Neely, but I’m not sure he’s coming anyway.

I know some big-time movers and shakers and I haven't caught wind of any of this yet. if it is true who ever leaked it is pretty damn stupid. from the Dolson or the Pearl side. terrible timing for Pearl with the post season starting next week, he's going to have to address this.
just as I figured, the internet is a terrible place for reliable info.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT