ADVERTISEMENT

Russia-Ukraine war has begun

Moldava has huge strategic value because it would put them closer to Kiev and just encircles Ukraine more.
Maybe. I guess it’s how you view Putin’s objectives. I don’t think Moldova is worth the effort.

Maybe. I guess it’s how you view Putin’s objectives. I don’t think Moldova is worth the effort.
Well, for one thing, Putin could march into Moldava with no opposition, meaning he could outflank Ukrainian forces in a big way without firing a shot.

Looking at a map, it's a pretty straight shot from Moldova to Belorussia, cutting Ukraine in two. Then it really is game over, since logistics would be cut off from Ukraine's main fighting force in Donbas.

Putin taking Odessa and then Moldova is not an option for Ukraine.

I was watching some video of the US Bradley IFV firing it's 25mm Bushmaster. I noticed that the rounds, exploded a distance away from the Bradley. The distance would vary depending what they were shooting at. I was like, WTF is going on here in the trailer park.
Then I found out about Dynamic Fusing ammo.. This may be old news....... but mind blowing for me.

"Each round has a timing fuze and a radio coil. The gun's targeting system uses a laser rangefinder to determine distance to the top of the trench. That distance is used to calculate flight time for each individual round, then the fuze timer is set using inductive coils in the barrel as the round is fired.

It's individualized hate."

• Wow
Reactions: DANC
I was watching some video of the US Bradley IFV firing it's 25mm Bushmaster. I noticed that the rounds, exploded a distance away from the Bradley. The distance would vary depending what they were shooting at. I was like, WTF is going on here in the trailer park.
Then I found out about Dynamic Fusing ammo.. This may be old news....... but mind blowing for me.

"Each round has a timing fuze and a radio coil. The gun's targeting system uses a laser rangefinder to determine distance to the top of the trench. That distance is used to calculate flight time for each individual round, then the fuze timer is set using inductive coils in the barrel as the round is fired.

I'm no weapons expert, but a few years ago I read about a round that could hit someone hidden behind a wall or barrier. I guess it would explode when it got to the end of the wall?
That doesn't seem cricket to me.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I'm no weapons expert, but a few years ago I read about a round that could hit someone hidden behind a wall or barrier. I guess it would explode when it got to the end of the wall?
That doesn't seem cricket to me.
We have gotten quite good at killing humans on the battlefield. That makes me think AI controlled robots of sci fi are the future of warfare. And we all know from sci fi what they will end up doing.

“Malyuk said the plot was supposed to be a ‘gift’ for Russian President Vladimir Putin ahead of his Tuesday inauguration for another six-year term. A Kremlin spokesman didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.”

“The terrorist attack….was actually a failure of the Russian special services,” Malyuk said.
Couldn't read the article? Was it an inside job?

Not new.

Who knew arming violent prisoners and putting them on the front lines could have a downside?

This could be sweet, help start a second front, that is from within Russias own military. Allow the wolf pack to eat itself.

This could bring down the Russian government. Their control of info is failing and people know they are being lied to.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
Who knew arming violent prisoners and putting them on the front lines could have a downside?

This caught my eye: "One convict, a 57-year-old junior sergeant named by Telegram channel Baza as Yuri G."

Yuri is 57 years old and a 'junior sergeant'? Sounds like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel....

This caught my eye: "One convict, a 57-year-old junior sergeant named by Telegram channel Baza as Yuri G."

Yuri is 57 years old and a 'junior sergeant'? Sounds like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel....
I've watched several videos over the last 2 1/2 yrs of orcx in that age range. I'm not sure they are scrapping the barrel. These are the inmates and the mentally ill that putin doctrine use as first wave targets into the AFU meat tenderizer.
They have several dozen million more, that they can forcibly conscript, duct tape an AK to the back of their head and force them forward, to absorb AFU freedom seeds.
Negotiation isn't an option. I'm hoping that Russians that have experienced western opportunity, organize and .... PUTIN IS COMING PUTIN IS COMING, and they kill him. They need their own Paul Reveriskioveraki moment.

I've watched several videos over the last 2 1/2 yrs of orcx in that age range. I'm not sure they are scrapping the barrel. These are the inmates and the mentally ill that putin doctrine use as first wave targets into the AFU meat tenderizer.
They have several dozen million more, that they can forcibly conscript, duct tape an AK to the back of their head and force them forward, to absorb AFU freedom seeds.
Negotiation isn't an option. I'm hoping that Russians that have experienced western opportunity, organize and .... PUTIN IS COMING PUTIN IS COMING, and they kill him. They need their own Paul Reveriskioveraki moment.
When you are conscripting inmates and the mentally ill, that's pretty much the definition of scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Reactions: Bill4411
When you are conscripting inmates and the mentally ill, that's pretty much the definition of scraping the bottom of the barrel.
ehhh, unless that is your doctrine of who to use as first and second wave. Remember, they use human flesh as Armour for the more skilled in the 3rd and 4th wave.
Meat means nothing to them, if they use their least desirable first.
4 released mentally ill poor inmates, to absorb a $500,000 cluster**** bomb, is perfectly fine for them. It's their plan actually. That is why they are 3 weeks away from hitting 1/2 million KIA/ WIA/ Captured. And ~26,000 lost tanks and APV's.

Russia launched a new attack toward Kharkiv, some gains reported. I am reading a book on the siege of Leningrad, Stalin's orders in winter 41/42 was to attack everywhere. He was convinced the Germans had to be incredibly weak somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't heading back to that thinking.

They found some fish in a barrel yesterday!

vtfdx2fkkqzc1.jpeg

We might sadly be watching the beginning of the end of this war now.
We be seeing the lose-lose in Ukraine aid. We are committing the money that some did not want but it may be too late to prevent what others did not want. If they continue to lose ground on 4 fronts for another 30 days until the equipment arrives, it may not change much.

We might sadly be watching the beginning of the end of this war now.
War ending is never sad my friend. And Putin will not annex all of Ukraine. No way Jose. Rather, worst case scenario is he topples to Ukranian government and installs a Pro-Russian government (similar to what Ukraine had prior to the CIA backed Maidan revolution). Probably annex some of the Russian sympathizing eastern areas,

People will stop dying, Ukraine will not join NATO, and return to the buffer state it was always meant to be. A win for all involved aside form the American tax payer.

War ending is never sad my friend. And Putin will not annex all of Ukraine. No way Jose. Rather, worst case scenario is he topples to Ukranian government and installs a Pro-Russian government (similar to what Ukraine had prior to the CIA backed Maidan revolution). Probably annex some of the Russian sympathizing eastern areas,

People will stop dying, Ukraine will not join NATO, and return to the buffer state it was always meant to be. A win for all involved aside form the American tax payer.
The Ukrainian people need to learn that freedom isn't worth anything, their jobs in life are to be serfs to the Russian good. Hopefully Poland, Hungary, the Baltic States, half of Germany, and Finland learn that lesson too. the world needs a strong Warsaw Block to feed Russia's ambitions.

The Ukrainian people need to learn that freedom isn't worth anything, their jobs in life are to be serfs to the Russian good. Hopefully Poland, Hungary, the Baltic States, half of Germany, and Finland learn that lesson too. the world needs a strong Warsaw Block to feed Russia's ambitions.
Nice win for Paul Manafort and Roger Stone who were the attorneys for the old regime in Ukraine. I'm sure Paul and Roger will be amply rewarded for creating the false narratives that have American's not knowing their ass from a hole in the ground anymore. And a special thanks to MTG for her dogged efforts to take down a burgeoning democracy.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian

Bad guys winning wars is sad. You're talking about a permanent loss of territory (presumably the five oblasts Russia has already annexed), and a puppet government in Kiev as though it's the natural order of things. It's not. It's a major loss for the Ukrainian people.

Bad guys winning wars is sad. You're talking about a permanent loss of territory (presumably the five oblasts Russia has already annexed), and a puppet government in Kiev as though it's the natural order of things. It's not. It's a major loss for the Ukrainian people.
Russia has always been a monstrous country that no one would want on its border. So, can Vlad outdo Stalin for mass extermination of the Ukrainian's-the Holodomor? It wouldn't shock me if he did. It might be a buyer's market for Ukrainian brides.

So the Ukrainians who want their freedom and sovereignty should rejoice! Nothing to worry about if they become a Russian puppet state. It all worked out just great for the old Soviet puppet states of Eastern Europe. I know you fancy yourself as some sort of realpolitik kind of guy, but the Ukrainians and the Democratic states of Europe say, “no thank you.”

I said about the same before I saw your post. I have to shake my head in a mixture of disbelief and disgust in that attitude.

That isn't a win. That would be a negative outcome that was avoidable.

Yeah, people always stop dying when conquered by Russia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT