ADVERTISEMENT

David Frum: Trump has turned GOP into party of Russia

Biden withholding funds to get a corrupt prosecutor, not judge, was backed by European Nations. Again, not up for debate.

You can't re-write history.
You're right and, of course, the other poster is wrong. Again. As always.

"Biden warned . . . Ukraine's then president . . . that the US would withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees until Ukraine removed its prosecutor-general, Viktor Shokin, who was widely viewed as corrupt. At the time, the international community and anti-corruption advocates in Ukraine were also calling for Shokin to be removed from office for his failure to aggressively prosecute corruption."

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
You're right and, of course, the other poster is wrong. Again. As always.

"Biden warned . . . Ukraine's then president . . . that the US would withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees until Ukraine removed its prosecutor-general, Viktor Shokin, who was widely viewed as corrupt. At the time, the international community and anti-corruption advocates in Ukraine were also calling for Shokin to be removed from office for his failure to aggressively prosecute corruption."

Knowing what you know now about Biden and Hunter, if you continue to defend him, I can only assume you're the moron I always suspected you of being.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory
Knowing what you know now about Biden and Hunter, if you continue to defend him, I can only assume you're the moron I always suspected you of being.

And yet he will never reach your levels of idiocy.

Historical facts are historical facts. Reformers within Ukraine pegged Shokin as corrupt from the moment he was named PG. He did absolutely nothing during his tenure to provide any evidence they were wrong...

Reactions: IU_Hickory
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/07/trump-russia/493298/
Posted here because I think Trump (and perhaps many of his followers) are not just inspired by Putin's approach to leveraging Russian nationalism but seems to actively seek alliance with Putin in order to take power in the United States. For me this raises so many alarm bells I can't believe that Trump continues to receive support from so many people let alone to be an actual contender for the Presidency. I don't typically agree with David Frum on much but his conclusion that the totality of Trump's positions on Russia are not just "troubling" they are "sinister" seems, if anything, too restrained.

According to Frum:
"Over the course of his candidacy, Donald Trump has revealed a remarkably consistent attitude toward Russia—a subject he seems to have thought about almost more than any other in this campaign.​
He has repeatedly and emphatically rejected criticism of Vladimir Putin’s methods of rule, including his murders of journalists.
He has called NATO obsolete because it is too focused on the threat from Russia. At his own convention, he told The New York Times he would not defend small NATO countries like Estonia against a Russian attack.​
Trump’s convention team, largely indifferent to the work of the party-platform committee, acted decisively to strike pro-Ukraine language. Trump himself has urged decreased U.S. support for Ukraine as it resists Russian invasion.​
And at this most recent press conference, he indicated openness to recognizing Russia’s conquest and annexation of Crimea—and expressed opposition to maintaining sanctions against Russia. That statement would have topped the news on any day except one in which a candidate for United States president openly invited foreign espionage against his political opponent.​
For a candidate with few consistent views on anything, this adds up to a very clear picture. Joined with other evidence of Trump’s deep personal business obligations to people in the Putin ruling circle, and his campaign leadership’s long-standing involvement with the former pro-Putin authoritarian leader of Ukraine, the picture becomes even more troubling—even sinister."​
Back to the prescient OP, it wasn't just pseudo populists like Trump and his allies in the blogosphere who were caught looking stupid over their praise of Putin. All of the right wing populists in Europe were convinced their pal Putin would never invade Ukraine.

The most vocal of the Putin fanboy club, the leader of the Italian Far Right (Matteo Salvini ) has been known to wear a shirt emblazoned with Putin's face on it while hanging out in Moscow. He's also said he preferred Putin to the Italian President. Hmmm... that sounds familiar...

And this woman thought she'd make a good US Senator...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bill4411
You are making shit up out of thin air. Ukraine got the aid and guess what - they got plenty of military aid from Trump, instead of the blankets Obama sent.

You think the Congress didn't have the 'FULL' transcript? You are a sheep and easily led.

Just look up Hunter's history and tell me Biden wasn't covering for him and the Biden crime family. You're right - that's not up for debate.

I did. When the prosecutor looked into Burisma, they were looking into 2012 dealings. Hunter didn't join until 2014.

You shouldn't call people sheep when you have the talking points.

You are lost. There's no help available for people like you. Unreal...

perhaps you could help me find my way then.

would be more than interested in what you think i got wrong regarding the post you responded to.

and yes, i used a lot of conjecture regarding my take on Trump's following, so where did i miss regarding your support of Trump, or in general?

You made a claim that was clearly erroneous. Other than perhaps Mas, you're the most fact-challenged poster here. And you have no competition for the board's biggest liar.

Do better, danc.

You made a claim that was clearly erroneous. Other than perhaps Mas, you're the most fact-challenged poster here. And you have no competition for the board's biggest liar.

Do better, danc.
Keep believing Joe wasn't covering for Hunter. It shows exactly what a gullible moron you are.

Keep believing Joe wasn't covering for Hunter. It shows exactly what a gullible moron you are.

Did Trump give you that opinion?

When is the last opinion that you have had that you could claim as your own?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT