ADVERTISEMENT

Russia claims to have compromise info on Trump

As I've been saying for months and would appear to be obvious to everyone except this "Fifth Avenue" supporters. http://edition.cnn.com/2017/01/10/politics/donald-trump-intelligence-report-russia/ Wonder if we will ever see what it actually I and how compromising it is.

"The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials."

Is this being investigated??? @Aloha Hoosier

It better be. I would think there is potential for treason charges if that is remotely accurate. God help our democracy.

"The two-page synopsis also included allegations that there was a continuing exchange of information during the campaign between Trump surrogates and intermediaries for the Russian government, according to two national security officials."

It better be. I would think there is potential for treason charges if that is remotely accurate. God help our democracy.

There was obviously collusion between Trump and the Russians. And the country was so distracted by his behavior and Clinton's emails (!) to pay attention to it.

I suspected the Russians had dirt of him. Now we know why the man has always tried to deny the Russians had any involvement in the election. BECAUSE HE WAS COLLUDING WITH THEM!!! And, they have some serious sort of him.

Kind of explains the celebration by Russian officials after he won, right?

Good god. Can a president be impeached and removed before his term even starts?

Reactions: DrHoops
If the campaign was in fact coordinating with the Russians you would see major civil unrest were a new election not called for.

That's not the way our system works. And Comey was quick to comment on Hillary's emails, but somehow didn't talk about this? Which one was more damaging to the country?

Part of me is laughing. Part of me is terrified. A Mike Pence presidency would send us back to the dark ages.

There is no legal mechanism for a new election.
That's not the way our system works. And Comey was quick to comment on Hillary's emails, but somehow didn't talk about this? Which one was more damaging to the country?

Part of me is laughing. Part of me is terrified. A Mike Pence presidency would send us back to the dark ages.

And in what system does a major presidential campaign coordinate with the enemy? In such an unprecedented circumstance there is absolutely no way Pence could attain the presidency. I repeat that major civil unrest and violence would break out.

I also have to question what on earth has President Obama been doing about this? Asleep at the wheel?

I also have to question what on earth has President Obama been doing about this? Asleep at the wheel?
My exact question too. Just for the record, I am at least somewhat skeptical since it's unverified. But the golden shower thing, sounds totally like something I'd expect out of Trump.

Mike Pence is going to look like a genius when this is all over.
I just found out today a friend of mine that has been a Pence staffer for ages is moving to D.C. We all wondered what he was going to do once Pence was voted out as Governor. Now he may be a presidential aide. ( a high school friend, don't see often now)

tumblr_inline_n9moysEwIy1qcpjwc.jpg

My exact question too. Just for the record, I am at least somewhat skeptical since it's unverified. But the golden shower thing, sounds totally like something I'd expect out of Trump.

For real? He seems like such a stand up guy.

In all seriousness though, come on down president Pence, the sooner the better.

And in what system does a major presidential campaign coordinate with the enemy? In such an unprecedented circumstance there is absolutely no way Pence could attain the presidency. I repeat that major civil unrest and violence would break out.
We're not in the Eastern Bloc. Nixon appointed his successor. Some people grumbled, but everyone got on with their lives.

If this gets big enough to impeach Trump and it snares Pence, as well, Congress would probably simply refuse to consent to a new VP between impeachments, and we'd end up with President Ryan.

I think there's a chance that Trump will throttle back the Republican right's worst impulses. Pence would be a rubber stamp for them.

Reactions: wiede

Why are you asking me? Have I defended Trump for anything significant? Have I ever said anything that would make you believe that I don't support investigating and prosecuting, if appropriate, any evidence of criminal behavior. I haven't.

We're not in the Eastern Bloc. Nixon appointed his successor. Some people grumbled, but everyone got on with their lives.

If this gets big enough to impeach Trump and it snares Pence, as well, Congress would probably simply refuse to consent to a new VP between impeachments, and we'd end up with President Ryan.

This would Nixon look like child's play. This is called Manchurian candidate.

Speculation isn't helpful now in my mind. We have no idea if there is a shred of evidence. And if Russia's goal is to destabilize, spreading rumors of such information is a good way to do it.

It should be investigated, but in the meantime we should keep calm and carry on.

Why are you asking me? Have I defended Trump for anything significant? Have I ever said anything that would make you believe that I don't support investigating and prosecuting, if appropriate, any evidence of criminal behavior. I haven't.

You are the closest we have here to military/intelligence? I'm asking if you think there is anything to this?

CNN confirming that US intelligence chiefs find the reports credible.

Even if it actually turns out to be that serious, if it doesn't touch Pence, he'll be the replacement. The U.S. doesn't do special elections for President. That's what the 25th Amendment is for.

I find it hard to believe Pence wouldn't be implicated in the cover-up if half of this is true.

You are the closest we have here to military/intelligence? I'm asking if you think there is anything to this?
Sorry, misunderstood. While I still have a TS/SCI clearance requirement for my civilian job, I rarely see any classified information because I have no need to know in most cases. When I do, it's nothing like this, it's more technical information or information related to country specific capabilities. Bing is actually the closest we have to military intelligence because that's what he does in the Air Force primarily, but this is something I very much doubt he would have any eyes on this either. It's not the kind of intel he works in.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe Pence wouldn't be implicated in the cover-up if half of this is true.
I'm not sure. I don't think Pence and Trump have been particularly close. I'm sure Pence actually detests Trump.

What if this is Washington eating itself from within. Seems AWFULLY convenient right now. CIA working on American soil?

If true, I'll tie the noose. But with the candidates we had to choose from, WE have bigger, possibly republic ending, problems to deal with.

In which case one of three things will happen:

1. Trump will be impeached first, Pence will ascend, appoint his own replacement, and then be impeached himself.
2. Pence will be impeached first, Trump will appoint a new VP, and then be impeached.
3. Congress will refuse to approve the appointment of a new VP in either case, and after both are impeached, Ryan will be President.

Obviously, if Congress knows it's going to impeach both of them, #3 is the only realistic option.

This is a surprise? Anybody paying attention had this baked into their election decision-making process.

Here's the more difficult problem; Putin's interference with the election by undermining Clinton's candidacy was for the purpose of undermining confidence in the US election and ultimately confidence in US democracy.

Your reaction is precisely what Putin has targeted to happen.

Sorry, misunderstood. While I still have a TS/SCI clearance requirement for my civilian job, I rarely see any classified information in because I have no need to know in most cases. When I do, it's nothing like this, it's more technical information or information related to country specific capabilities. Bing is actually the closest we have to military intelligence because that's what he does in the Air Force primarily, but this is something I very much doubt he would have any eyes on this either. It's not the kind of intel he works in.
Considering the fact that the report was confined to Obama, Trump and the Gang of Eight, my guess is it's sensitive enough that, even if you or Bing did somehow become in the know, you probably wouldn't share anything here, anyway.

It wouldn't be Pence. Step on up Mr. Paul Ryan...

Also, remember a few days ago when Trump wanted to investigate leaks? Now we know why.

You can't make this chit up.

Reactions: Bill4411
What if this is Washington eating itself from within. Seems AWFULLY convenient right now. CIA working on American soil?

If true, I'll tie the noose. But with the candidates we had to choose from, WE have bigger, possibly republic ending, problems to deal with.

Before you blame the rest of the country, do a little self-analysis first. Your cynicism is not nearly as justified as you want it to be, and your analysis is too shallow to grant merit to.

That is such a coincidence...!

"Golden shower thing," really? That would be sick and compromising.:eek: Like most things, it's best to let this shake out for a day or two because most initial reports are wrong. However, this would obviously be yuuuuge.

Reactions: zeke4ahs
It wouldn't be Pence. Step on up Mr. Paul Ryan...

Also, remember a few days ago when Trump wanted to investigate leaks? Now we know why.

You can't make this chit up.

If you recall, there has been talk of him trying to completely "reform" all intelligence agencies. We now have the reason for that... and also why people like Flynn are in charge.

Reactions: Bill4411
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT