ADVERTISEMENT

Roe overturned. Be kind

Great post.

Seriously, one of your best.

You're on fire.

Keep up the FANTASTIC work.

Truly, you're a hall-of-famer.

Your contributions to this board, and all the boards here, are truly a treasure.

It would really be a treat if you'd post more often.

Then everyone here could see what a truly special poster you are.

You have a special talent.

Thank you for sharing your gift with this board.
Speaking of great posts....

Abortion rights somewhere around 12-16 weeks are popular amongst a majority of americans. Many states will take this ruling and will limit or abolish abortion rights way beyond what most Americans want. I’ve very interested to see if there will be a political cost for that.

Abortion rights somewhere around 12-16 weeks are popular amongst a majority of americans. Many states will take this ruling and will limit or abolish abortion rights way beyond what most Americans want. I’ve very interested to see if there will be a political cost for that.
I doubt it. Cost of living will determine nov imo. If states go nuts restricting abortions there will certainly be an economic cost

Reactions: Crayfish57
I doubt it. Cost of living will determine nov imo. If states go nuts restricting abortions there will certainly be an economic cost
I know November will be a referendum on where we are, and Democrats are likely to do very bad.

Let me ask this though, for the future, what would the Republicans do starting Jan 20 that is different than today? Virtually none of the COVID benefits some blame for both inflation and low labor participation are in effect today, and have not been for approaching a year. So cancelling those isn't something to be done. Lower taxes? Eliminate ACA?

Oil would be one thing, but our monthly average is going up and is about our 2018 total. I know you blame Biden for a lack of investment, but today we have a shortage of 100,000 oil workers in America. How much more oil can we produce without people?

Employment in the U.S. oilfield services and equipment sector was nearly 609,000 in March, the highest since September 2021, but still below pre-pandemic levels of about 707,000, according to the Energy Workforce and Technology Council.​

So let me ask this, what will the GOP do to get people out of retirement and into oilfields?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
I know November will be a referendum on where we are, and Democrats are likely to do very bad.

Let me ask this though, for the future, what would the Republicans do starting Jan 20 that is different than today? Virtually none of the COVID benefits some blame for both inflation and low labor participation are in effect today, and have not been for approaching a year. So cancelling those isn't something to be done. Lower taxes? Eliminate ACA?

Oil would be one thing, but our monthly average is going up and is about our 2018 total. I know you blame Biden for a lack of investment, but today we have a shortage of 100,000 oil workers in America. How much more oil can we produce without people?

Employment in the U.S. oilfield services and equipment sector was nearly 609,000 in March, the highest since September 2021, but still below pre-pandemic levels of about 707,000, according to the Energy Workforce and Technology Council.​

So let me ask this, what will the GOP do to get people out of retirement and into oilfields?
Put a final nail in the coffin of the progressive's wish list. As for getting people into the oil fields I'd defer to our poster here who was working on an oil field. Can't remember his handle

Reactions: DANC
The next national election is five months away, with most states also holding elections for some state offices too.

Think anybody will forget about the Dobbs ruling by then?

The next national election is five months away, with most states also holding elections for some state offices too.

Yes. I don't think it will make any difference in Congress. I do think it could impact state races, to the detriment of Republicans

That's not the real question.

The real question is what organizing can Dobbs opponents do in the next five months. My sense is not much . . . the historical curve on the Dobbs decision, including any unintended consequences, is much longer than that.

Put a final nail in the coffin of the progressive's wish list. As for getting people into the oil fields I'd defer to our poster here who was working on an oil field. Can't remember his handle
It was me probably. The only way to ramp up is to offer pay and long term housing like in 2008-2016. Nobody wants to move to desolation with crappy schools and bad living conditions. The job market will have to get pretty bad to get the numbers this country and the world needs. It takes a long time to ramp up production further than we have. People need to understand cheap oil and gas is probably gone. A safe bet is probably in the 3-3.50 a gallon mark.

I try to tell people that the oilfield is experiencing the same problem everyone else is. Plus a lot of them are tired of the inconsistent work. The pay is virtually the same as it was 8 years ago. Most have moved on to jobs that are just as good.

Yes. I don't think it will make any difference in Congress. I do think it could impact state races, to the detriment of Republicans
I might be wrong but I think abortion will be front and center in all races, state, federal, local.

Bills/proposals will be introduced in Congress, state legislatures, school boards, city councils, everywhere, to restrict abortion access more severely as well as to expand and codify rights to obtain abortions. Local proposals could include zoning restrictions on clinics, more reporting requirements for school nurses, resolutions opposing abortion, changes in health insurance for city employees -- who knows all forms they could take?

This issue motivates women not only to demonstrate in the street but to pay attention to the politics of everybody running for any level of public office.

if-mama-ain-t-happy-ain-t-nobody-happy-4.png

• Haha
I might be wrong but I think abortion will be front and center in all races, state, federal, local.

Bills/proposals will be introduced in Congress, state legislatures, school boards, city councils, everywhere, to restrict abortion access more severely as well as to expand and codify rights to obtain abortions. Local proposals could include zoning restrictions on clinics, more reporting requirements for school nurses, resolutions opposing abortion, changes in health insurance for city employees -- who knows all forms they could take?

This issue motivates women not only to demonstrate in the street but to pay attention to the politics of everybody running for any level of public office.

No. Mama ain't putting out if daddy can't pay for Applebee's. $$ is always number 1

It's cute that you think all women vote in a bloc.

Ha. I'd take chili's lol. They have to serve it to me with a diaper tho
I'm not dissing Chili's. But Applebee's is find dining compared to Chili's.

But seriously..... I haven't been to either in years (wife has become a food snob and won't do chain restaurants), but Applebee's had more variety and I liked those pita burgers or whatever they are.

Chili's didn't seem to have as much variety, but their egg rolls are sublime - they're also about 20,000 calories, but I have to get them if I go there.

I genuinely like chili's. Salty as hell but I liked their burgers and fries. I'm not sure we have them here anymore.
I like Chili's as well, but for the reason you give. Humans love salt. Let's face it, we eat popcorn because popcorn is a salt transportation device.

But the onion, bad as hell for you but I love them. Just cannot eat them.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
Newsweek claims 40 percent of American have had an abortion, which seems much higher than I would believe but nonetheless that is a lot of women even if the numbers are inflated that have had an abortion. It will be interesting to see what the criminal penalties will be for those involved in an abortion. I believe Texas was only going to penalize those that assisted with the abortion not the mother herself but if you transported or advised someone on an abortion you may be going to prison.

I can't see how this plays out very well in the real world not the hypothetical world that the justices live in. There will be criminal penalties, that will be very selectively enforced, and some states will have severe sentences while others will still permit abortions unless we ban all abortions at the federal level. I just don't see how this plays out very well in the real world other than we will need to build a lot more prisons, hire more prosecutors and expand the courts.

I never step foot in those chains. I can always tell quality by my gut rumble after eating. All of those send me screaming. 🤣

Newsweek claims 40 percent of American have had an abortion, which seems much higher than I would believe but nonetheless that is a lot of women even if the numbers are inflated that have had an abortion. It will be interesting to see what the criminal penalties will be for those involved in an abortion. I believe Texas was only going to penalize those that assisted with the abortion not the mother herself but if you transported or advised someone on an abortion you may be going to prison.

I can't see how this plays out very well in the real world not the hypothetical world that the justices live in. There will be criminal penalties, that will be very selectively enforced, and some states will have severe sentences while others will still permit abortions unless we ban all abortions at the federal level. I just don't see how this plays out very well in the real world other than we will need to build a lot more prisons, hire more prosecutors and expand the courts.
It probably doesn’t say what percentage was emergency. It’s astonishing to me so many have.

It probably doesn’t say what percentage was emergency. It’s astonishing to me so many have.
I was pretty shocked by the numbers they reported, even if it's only 20% that have had an abortion that's a lot women. If we eliminate the abortions, it looks like we will need to invest in more schools, daycare, graduate more doctors, build more orphanages, etc.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT