ADVERTISEMENT

Politico: Roe to be overturned per draft opinion

I like you Aloha but you got a real blind spot as it pertains to Trump. I have my own as I’m more permissive of stuff he does/ did that I wouldn’t find near as endearing or funny coming from a Democrat.

I just don’t want you going down the Kinzinger, Cheney, Twenty02 rabbit hole where your hatred for the man clouds your entire view of the GOP. I would advise you to stop saying stuff like “My Republican Party”. The party is changing, they do that. 20 years ago democrats believed in safe legal and rare and were opposed to gay marriage, the party of the working class and not college graduates.

We (the GOP) are taking on a more working class bent, taking back the culture is big part of that (no matter how many times the democrats try to claim the wars are “GOP invented”).

Don’t buy into their gaslighting. Things are gonna get nasty, DeSantis will go after Disney, because mutually assured destruction is the only way to get these corporations to grow a spine and start ignoring leftist who want to manipulate them for political gain.

At the end of the day you’re better off with us and whatever remnants of Trump remain in the GOP. You don’t get get a perfect world. You don’t get Reagan, you don’t get Goldwater, but we’re the best you got.
A tiger doesn't change his stripes. Anyone (of either side) who would ever trust Aloha... well that's their gamble. He is an unreliable asset for anyone.

• Love
Reactions: DANC and Lucy01
I like you Aloha but you got a real blind spot as it pertains to Trump. I have my own as I’m more permissive of stuff he does/ did that I wouldn’t find near as endearing or funny coming from a Democrat.

I just don’t want you going down the Kinzinger, Cheney, Twenty02 rabbit hole where your hatred for the man clouds your entire view of the GOP. I would advise you to stop saying stuff like “My Republican Party”. The party is changing, they do that. 20 years ago democrats believed in safe legal and rare and were opposed to gay marriage, the party of the working class and not college graduates.

We (the GOP) are taking on a more working class bent, taking back the culture is big part of that (no matter how many times the democrats try to claim the wars are “GOP invented”).

Don’t buy into their gaslighting. Things are gonna get nasty, DeSantis will go after Disney, because mutually assured destruction is the only way to get these corporations to grow a spine and start ignoring leftist who want to manipulate them for political gain.

At the end of the day you’re better off with us and whatever remnants of Trump remain in the GOP. You don’t get get a perfect world. You don’t get Reagan, you don’t get Goldwater, but we’re the best you got.

Lol. If you are the best we got then God save us

I’m not a Democrat and if the Republican Party doesn’t purge Trump and Trumpism, I won’t be a Republican. I’ll still be the right of center person that was, and should be, solidly Republican though - if my party hadn’t gone so extreme.

Reactions: MrBing

Well said. I like Aloha and respect his military career. But he romantizes the Reagan years. I loved Reagan, too, but his personal life wasn't the greatest, either. Just ask his first Jane Wyman.

I think most of us recognize Trump for what he is and isn't. He's not a role model for your kids, but he's a street fighter who can play the Democrats' game and beat them at it. He's a rich guy who likes beautiful women - what a crime!

He accomplished some amazing things, considering the lies and slander he endured before he even became President.

Desantis learned from him and is smart enough to emulate him without the personal baggage. You'd think Aloha would admire him, considering he was a Navy man. I think Republicans better get used to Desantis being the nominee because I think Trump enjoys being the kingmaker. He can get candidates to kiss his ring without all the hassle of the Presidency.

See, I don’t think it’s funny that you’re a Trump cult member. I find it sad and disappointing.
No, I'm laughing at you for your claim of objectivity.

You are using the Democrat talking point of calling any Trump supporter a cult member. That's how I know you're 100 percent influenced by the liberal media.

I’m not a Democrat and if the Republican Party doesn’t purge Trump and Trumpism, I won’t be a Republican. I’ll still be the right of center person that was, and should be, solidly Republican though - if my party hadn’t gone so extreme.
You and the rest of the Lincoln Project will get along well.

A tiger doesn't change his stripes. Anyone (of either side) who would ever trust Aloha... well that's their gamble. He is an unreliable asset for anyone.
He does tend to go with what's popular at the moment. He was a Democrat but then turned Republican after it was obvious the Republicans were ascendant.

Now he's holding his breath and threatening to leave the GOP if he doesn't get his way and Trump gets kicked out.

But he's not influenced by the media..... :rolleyes:

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
Reactions: Lucy01
Relax. I forgot who I was replying to.

I apologize. I'm sorry. I made a mistake. Put it on your calendar.

Now, you can make a snarky remark.
You know Danc, you should feel very fortunate! You're getting Goats litigation skills for free. Bravo.

Last edited:
He does tend to go with what's popular at the moment. He was a Democrat but then turned Republican after it was obvious the Republicans were ascendant.

Now he's holding his breath and threatening to leave the GOP if he doesn't get his way and Trump gets kicked out.

But he's not influenced by the media..... :rolleyes:
If I was influenced by the media, I never would have switched from Democrat to Republican. Think about it.

If I was influenced by the media, I never would have switched from Democrat to Republican. Think about it.
Yes, because Jimmy Carter was a disaster. Reagan was successful and it was popular then for Democrats to vote Republican. And now you're threatening to go back.

Is Barr a Trump cult member?

Yes, because Jimmy Carter was a disaster. Reagan was successful and it was popular then for Democrats to vote Republican. And now you're threatening to go back.

Is Barr a Trump cult member?
It was pretty obvious that many in the media hated Reagan, but media bias has never influenced me, I can get past that to see the truth.

Also, I've never threatened to go back to being a Democrat. Not even close. If Republican politicians continue to act like abused spouses cowering before their lying abuser (Trump), I'll have to become an independent conservative without a party.

It was pretty obvious that many in the media hated Reagan, but media bias has never influenced me, I can get past that to see the truth.

Also, I've never threatened to go back to being a Democrat. Not even close. If Republican politicians continue to act like abused spouses cowering before their lying abuser (Trump), I'll have to become an independent conservative without a party.
You didn't answer the question - Is Barr a Trump cult member?

I doubt it. If he was he’d jump in with both feet on the BS Trump big lie of a stolen election.
He said he'd vote for Trump again. So, if you don't think he's a Trump cultist, it goes against your theory that only anyone who supports Trump is part of a cult.

He said he'd vote for Trump again. So, if you don't think he's a Trump cultist, it goes against your theory that only anyone who supports Trump is part of a cult.
No, it doesn't make him a cult member. I'd have voted for Trump this last time if Bernie or Warren won the Democratic nomination. I wouldn't have enjoyed doing it, but I'd have done it, and that wouldn't make me a cult member like you and two or three other Trumpsters here.

No, it doesn't make him a cult member. I'd have voted for Trump this last time if Bernie or Warren won the Democratic nomination. I wouldn't have enjoyed doing it, but I'd have done it, and that wouldn't make me a cult member like you and two or three other Trumpsters here.
Well your tune certainly has changed. Now that I've pointed out reasonable people who would vote for Trump, now you said you'd have voted for Trump. You've said exactly the opposite in the past.

So, voting for someone you think is a cult leader isn't being part of a cult? Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

Well your tune certainly has changed. Now that I've pointed out reasonable people who would vote for Trump, now you said you'd have voted for Trump. You've said exactly the opposite in the past.

So, voting for someone you think is a cult leader isn't being part of a cult? Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.
I’ve never said the opposite. I’ve said exactly the same. There are people that voted for Trump who aren’t also cult members and there are people who voted for Trump who clearly are cult members. You fit in the second group.

Reactions: outside shooter
I’ve never said the opposite. I’ve said exactly the same. There are people that voted for Trump who aren’t also cult members and there are people who voted for Trump who clearly are cult members. You fit in the second group.
For a guy who has never given a dime to Trump or attended one of his rallies, I doubt he'd consider me to be a very good cult member.

You, on the other hand, have proven you are influenced by the liberal media. And this thread is the first time you've ever said you'd vote for Trump under any circumstances. In fact, you've said the opposite.

• Haha
Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
For a guy who has never given a dime to Trump or attended one of his rallies, I doubt he'd consider me to be a very good cult member.

You, on the other hand, have proven you are influenced by the liberal media. And this thread is the first time you've ever said you'd vote for Trump under any circumstances. In fact, you've said the opposite.
You are all kinds of wrong. The media doesn’t influence me, I’ve said I would have voted for Trump over Bernie or Warren, and you fit the classic definition of a cult member.

You are all kinds of wrong. The media doesn’t influence me, I’ve said I would have voted for Trump over Bernie or Warren, and you fit the classic definition of a cult member.
You have no idea what you're talking about.

You fit the classic definition of a useful idiot.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

You fit the classic definition of a useful idiot.
Okay, you and Aloha are good guys. Save your energy and fight the creeps. Lord knows there are “alot” (that’s for Aloha) of them. Fight over something important, such as how the hell does IU hit free throws and treys in order to push IU to the next level and get a 6th banner before I go.

Okay, you and Aloha are good guys. Save your energy and fight the creeps. Lord knows there are “alot” (that’s for Aloha) of them. Fight over something important, such as how the hell does IU hit free throws and treys in order to push IU to the next level and get a 6th banner before I go.
OK, I'm done with the tit-for-tat.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
They don’t. At 20+ years old, the odds of a player significantly improving 3 pt and FT % is very low. That’s my working hypothesis.

Of course, I’ve never won the National Championship (although came close) so I could be wrong.

Reactions: DANC
They don’t. At 20+ years old, the odds of a player significantly improving 3 pt and FT % is very low. That’s my working hypothesis.

Of course, I’ve never won the National Championship (although came close) so I could be wrong.
True enough. Having athletes is great. Still need some scorers as well. Looks like the D will always be there with Woodson. Just need a little scoring from deep to open it up.

True enough. Having athletes is great. Still need some scorers as well. Looks like the D will always be there with Woodson. Just need a little scoring from deep to open it up.

We need a Mike Woodson for this team. Who could that be? Bates could be the linchpin.

Reactions: MrBing
We need a Mike Woodson for this team. Who could that be? Bates could be the linchpin.
Agree. Sometimes it looked like Bates had been over-sold. At other times, you could just see the talent just waiting to explode. I’m hopeful that this year will be a big breakout year for both Bates and Geronimo.

Sure would like to see a Hulls, Roth or Yogi on the perimeter, however.

Reactions: DANC
At 20+ years old, the odds of a player significantly improving 3 pt and FT % is very low.
Do you know how many three pointers Al Horford made in his first three years in the NBA? One. He was 1-7. This year he made 89. At age 28 he started making them regularly, with a high mark of 43%. In the same period his FT% went from 64% to 84%.

Sure it is a bit rare, but there are many other examples.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT