ADVERTISEMENT

Politico: Roe to be overturned per draft opinion

Very likely leaked by one of the liberal justices on the court or their clerks to bring public pressure to bear on the majority. If the draft is authentic it a shocking low point in the history of the court, whoever’s behind the leak should be prosecuted.
And what if it’s NOT authentic?

Elections have consequences. The minority opinions of the land continue to gain power.

Maybe some of you Pubs can explain how this will lead to some good coming from rape or incest.

Reactions: MaxCoke
I don’t see how they can. At that point, they’re letting the inmates run the asylum. They’re letting the public dictate their decisions.

Am I reading things wrong?

I don't think so, but that's how I interpreted dbm's post.

I don’t see how they can. At that point, they’re letting the inmates run the asylum. They’re letting the public dictate their decisions.

Am I reading things wrong?
No Justice worth their salt will let this leak sway their decision. I'm sure whoever was involved has decided the issue is so important they'll be some kind of martyr.

This is going to be a wild card heading into November, especially in the Senate. There will be lots of negative energy around this decision if it goes this way.

Reactions: UncleMark
No Justice worth their salt will let this leak sway their decision. I'm sure whoever was involved has decided the issue is so important they'll be some kind of martyr.

This is going to be a wild card heading into November, especially in the Senate. There will be lots of negative energy around this decision if it goes this way.
Yeah now I'm going to start walking back my nov bloodbath prediction.

Then I’ll say it was Alito or one of his conservative clerks if we’re just throwing out guesses.

lol what motive would they have? This clerk, as celebrated by your liberal bastion of tweeters, clearly wanted to undermine the court’s ability and find something for the Dems to rally behind going into fall midterms where their expected to get routed.

this alone will galvanize the base some. And by undermining the ability of the judicial branch, has seemingly further empowered Congress and the Executive branch. Which anyone with an ounce of intellect knows is a terrible choice.

lol what motive would they have? This clerk, as celebrated by your liberal bastion of tweeters, clearly wanted to undermine the court’s ability and find something for the Dems to rally behind going into fall midterms where their expected to get routed.

this alone will galvanize the base some. And by undermining the ability of the judicial branch, has seemingly further empowered Congress and the Executive branch. Which anyone with an ounce of intellect knows is a terrible choice.
If this is on a current case, the results will be announced before November. You aren't suggesting the court would reach a decision and hold onto a case through another term for political reasons are you?

Elections have consequences. The minority opinions of the land continue to gain power.

Maybe some of you Pubs can explain how this will lead to some good coming from rape or incest.
Before you go there. First, understand the decision on abortion will be returned to the states. Therefore, the Roe ruling will stand in some states and may be overturned in others. check your own state‘s position on abortion.

Of course. We have become a lawless society. If you don’t get your way, or don’t like a ruling, you riot. Violence is the modern language.
Abortion - Crime - Social Programs - Freakonomics -2021 update

If the ruling does become law in July, the insights in this study (updated in 2021 from 2001) may inform future policy and expectations. Full Transcript is super long, updated 2021 analysis is 2/3 in. They also address challenges to the 2001 analysis raised at the time, about 1/2 way in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT