ADVERTISEMENT

PIN THIS BBPII THREAD - Post How Much Gas Costs Where You Live

Earlier this week paid $3.95 a gallon. That's almost $3 per gallon cheaper than it was just a few months back.

That Joe Biden 😎 is amazing. 😇

$3.25 in Bton today. Saw $2.99 in Bedford. So it's come down over a dollar. Still a ways to go before it's back to Inauguration Day price, which of course would be the only price that would satisfy the Biden detractors.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
$3.25 in Bton today. Saw $2.99 in Bedford. So it's come down over a dollar. Still a ways to go before it's back to Inauguration Day price, which of course would be the only price that would satisfy the Biden detractors.
So basically you are admitting the poor job and somehow think you are being a smart guy?

It's come down another 6 cents since noon. Just bought at 3.19.

$2.46 when the thread started in January 2021

I posted on Jan 25 2021:

I drive all over Bton in my job and notice gas prices. For the last week or so, they've been $2.359-2.399. Then today, around noon, they dropped to $2.189 in Highland Village. Thanks Joe!
So yeah, there's a ways to go.

Of course, we were still in the throes of the Covid retraction at the time.

$2.499 cash, $2.599 credit. I haven't filled up yet this month . . . I might to keep the gas line from freezing with this storm.

If this doesn't fit the OP's agenda . . . .

You should be used to it. You leave yourself wide open . . . .
My question is why is Louisville always higher

50 cents more than Atlanta?

Im being gouged- cause y’all have WAY too many people driving around down there

If demand raises the price, you people should be at $8.00.

How much is your state gas tax?

It's been suspended here, up to 12/11; https://www.news4jax.com/news/georg...georgia-gas-tax-suspension-into-mid-december/.

Can't find anything about whether it's been suspended again. Might account for some of it. $0.291 per gallon here. $0.184 federal. To my knowledge, the federal tax hasn't been suspended.

BTW we have pipeline terminals here too (like y'all do in Luh-vuhl). Funny story: A golf course I used to belong to sits next to an oil company tank farm. The story behind the golf course is that years ago the tanks leaked and contaminated the farm next door. To settle the claim, the oil company bought the farm (literally, not figuratively) and leased it to the golf course operator.

Indiana has so many gas taxes. Whenever I drive to neighboring states, gas is always cheaper.

How much is your state gas tax?

It's been suspended here, up to 12/11; https://www.news4jax.com/news/georg...georgia-gas-tax-suspension-into-mid-december/.

Can't find anything about whether it's been suspended again. Might account for some of it. $0.291 per gallon here. $0.184 federal. To my knowledge, the federal tax hasn't been suspended.

BTW we have pipeline terminals here too (like y'all do in Luh-vuhl). Funny story: A golf course I used to belong to sits next to an oil company tank farm. The story behind the golf course is that years ago the tanks leaked and contaminated the farm next door. To settle the claim, the oil company bought the farm (literally, not figuratively) and leased it to the golf course operator.
It was 26 cents in June.

Same federal 18 cents.

Louisville/Jefferson County pays an extra 35 cents in RFG "taxes" - more expensive "reformulated gasoline" for EPA regs. When Gov. Beshear asked for that to be waived during Covid, the feds said "no."

Gov. Beshear issued an Executive Order stopping a 2 cent increase in June. That delay expires in January. It was called "illegal" by the GOP Senate Majority Leader, but nobody went to court. The idea of tax cuts is being impacted by a pre-filed bill to lower the flat income tax in Kentucky to 4%.

Most of "The important People" favor MORE gas taxes. The road construction lobby is one of the strongest in Kentucky. All legislators like good roads in shitty counties. (Back at the turn of the century, Gov. Paul Patton virtually repaved Eastern Kentucky until sex scandals got him - after he survived vote buying scandals. GOP - take a lesson. Sex beats vote buying EVERY time. You're barking up the wrong tree.)

Here's an interesting OP-Ed from George Clooney's hometown that discuss all of it. Amazing how power-machinations take over and subordinate the actual fixing of problems. The problem of the "late vote on a good bill killed it on the last day of the legislature" re-occurs often.Thus, the Constitutional Amendment on the last ballot to increase the number of days the legislature stays in session, and allowing the Legislature - not just the Governor - to call special sessions. It failed - it was long - and as badly written as the short abortion one that also failed.

It was 26 cents in June.

Same federal 18 cents.

Louisville/Jefferson County pays an extra 35 cents in RFG "taxes" - more expensive "reformulated gasoline" for EPA regs. When Gov. Beshear asked for that to be waived during Covid, the feds said "no."

Gov. Beshear issued an Executive Order stopping a 2 cent increase in June. That delay expires in January. It was called "illegal" by the GOP Senate Majority Leader, but nobody went to court. The idea of tax cuts is being impacted by a pre-filed bill to lower the flat income tax in Kentucky to 4%.

Most of "The important People" favor MORE gas taxes. The road construction lobby is one of the strongest in Kentucky. All legislators like good roads in shitty counties. (Back at the turn of the century, Gov. Paul Patton virtually repaved Eastern Kentucky until sex scandals got him - after he survived vote buying scandals. GOP - take a lesson. Sex beats vote buying EVERY time. You're barking up the wrong tree.)

Here's an interesting OP-Ed from George Clooney's hometown that discuss all of it. Amazing how power-machinations take over and subordinate the actual fixing of problems. The problem of the "late vote on a good bill killed it on the last day of the legislature" re-occurs often.Thus, the Constitutional Amendment on the last ballot to increase the number of days the legislature stays in session, and allowing the Legislature - not just the Governor - to call special sessions. It failed - it was long - and as badly written as the short abortion one that also failed.

George Clooney is from Kentucky? Now his appearance in Oh Brother Where Art Thou? makes sense. ;)

Jennifer Lawrence, Clooney, Johnny Depp, Ashley Judd . . . and that's just off the top of my head . . . .

George Clooney is from Kentucky? Now his appearance in Oh Brother Where Art Thou? makes sense. ;)

Jennifer Lawrence, Clooney, Johnny Depp, Ashley Judd . . . and that's just off the top of my head . . . .
Lots more

Reactions: Sope Creek
Might be a good time to go electric. apparently if you get your order in before march you can get a tesla suv (after the rebate) for in the 40s. that's pretty damn good - comparatively

Might be a good time to go electric. apparently if you get your order in before march you can get a tesla suv (after the rebate) for in the 40s. that's pretty damn good - comparatively
Its a myth...

Xaviar and Alice Steavenson wanted to find out what it's like to drive a Tesla, so they rented one from Hertz for a trip from Orlando, Florida, to Wichita, Kansas.

Xaviar Steavenson told Insider it got to the point that the "battery would drain faster than it would charge."

When they set off, Steavenson said, they could drive for at least 2 ½ hours before needing to charge the Tesla. "We ended up having to stop every one to 1 ½ hours to charge for an hour, then an hour and a half, then two hours," he said.

"So beyond the lost time, it also got to the point it was between $25 and $30 to recharge," Steavenson said. "Just in one day, we stopped six times to charge at that cost."

FUN...If you ever see a Tesla torched on the side of a road... Thats me burning it down after giving it a try :)

Last edited:
@Sope Creek @Univee2

Heard on the radio that Kemp is reinstating the GA gas tax at something like $0.30/gal. How's that going over down there?
Yep. I heard 31 cents a gallon instead of 29.1 cents. So prior to the reinstatement of he tax, the price was $2.599 for cash/$2.699 for credit. After the same station has $2.859 cash/$2.959 for credit. Looks like the station absorbed a nickel of the tax.

Still under $3.00 a gallon . . . I filled up the other day, and spent under $25.00 prior to reinstatement of the tax. My motivation was to get Mega Millions tickets. Didn't win. Dang.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT