ADVERTISEMENT

Omicron "variant of concern"

Estimating 15,000 deaths per week now. And it’s the fault of the unvaccinated.
Let’s see, you’re saying the unvaccinated are spreading the Covid virus to the people that are vaccinated. Some how that doesn’t make sense.

There is no longer any doubt the vaccine isn’t protecting you from getting Covid. The only question will it make you more likely to survive.
I'm not sure about that. I know some vaccinated people get covid but it it at the same rate as unvaccinated? Have you seen any studies that point to the fact that they get it at the same rate? I haven't looked so there may be several out there.

I'm not sure about that. I know some vaccinated people get covid but it it at the same rate as unvaccinated? Have you seen any studies that point to the fact that they get it at the same rate? I haven't looked so there may be several out there.
Sorry...stoll says there is "No doubt", so...

Estimating 15,000 deaths per week now. And it’s the fault of the unvaccinated.
The people blaming Trump needed a civics lesson. Not a lot the Feds can do. Federalism. Add in rugged individualism and we were always doomed. And the vaccine is no panacea, but it helps and is worth it.

I actually got Covid 7 or 8 years ago. It's been here that long I know. My lower back began to hurt. In the years that followed muscle aches became more and more frequent. The worst is diminished lung capacity. 7 or 8 years ago, before Covid, a 90 minute game box to box was nothing. Now if I go up I can't get back. Or if I track back and we win the ball I don't have the air to turn and sprint 70 yards in attack. Sucks. F*cking Covid.

The people blaming Trump needed a civics lesson. Not a lot the Feds can do. Federalism. Add in rugged individualism and we were always doomed. And the vaccine is no panacea, but it helps and is worth it.

I actually got Covid 7 or 8 years ago. It's been here that long I know. My lower back began to hurt. In the years that followed muscle aches became more and more frequent. The worst is diminished lung capacity. 7 or 8 years ago, before Covid, a 90 minute game box to box was nothing. Now if I go up I can't get back. Or if I track back and we win the ball I don't have the air to turn and sprint 70 yards in attack. Sucks. F*cking Covid.
"Rugged Individualism" ?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If what we are seeing is "Rugged Individualism", we are well and truly fooked.

Convince me you don't deserve a mad face for that b.s.

"Rugged Individualism" ?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

If what we are seeing is "Rugged Individualism", we are well and truly fooked.

Convince me you don't deserve a mad face for that b.s.
Hmmm. Not Rugged Individualism. Dare To Be Different? Just Say No To Drugs?

Last edited:
Hmmm. Not Rugged Individualism. Dare To Be Different?
Different than what? An intelligent and mature adult who is able to make a logical decision? Then, yes.
But there is nothing rugged or individualistic about any of these idiots.

Rugged Individuals were the kind of people who woke up one day and said, "You know, there's a whole other unexplored section of the county west of this shitty gateway city, so let's pack up the family into our Conestoga Wagon, jump on the Oregon Trail, risk dysentery, and make a new life.

Different than what? An intelligent and mature adult who is able to make a logical decision? Then, yes.
But there is nothing rugged or individualistic about any of these idiots.

Rugged Individuals were the kind of people who woke up one day and said, "You know, there's a whole other unexplored section of the county west of this shitty gateway city, so let's pack up the family into our Conestoga Wagon, jump on the Oregon Trail, risk dysentery, and make a new life.
Relax. If someone doesn't want to take a vaccine it's their choice, as it should be.

There is no longer any doubt the vaccine isn’t protecting you from getting Covid. The only question will it make you more likely to survive.
I was just reading this...super immunity? Note: they had two videos playing when I went to that page so beware.

Why? Will people come back to life? Will the economy go backwards and restore people's businesses? Will Trumper's be taxed to reimburse the US for resources used for testing and treatment?

At some point...people need to accept the consequences for their ugly choices.

literally from KFF:

Across these 42 states, as of December 13, 2021, 58% percent of White people had received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose, which was close to the rate for Hispanic people (56%) but higher than the rate for Black people (51%

South Africa delivered some positive news on the omicron coronavirus variant on Friday, reporting a much lower rate of hospital admissions and signs that the wave of infections may be peaking.

Only 1.7% of identified Covid-19 cases were admitted to hospital in the second week of infections in the fourth wave, compared with 19% in the same week of the third delta-driven wave, South African Health Minister Joe Phaahla said at a press conference.

The studies all lag the variants. What you have are your own eyes and ears to tell you they’re obviously not working well to slow the spread. Look what happened at Cornell, look what’s happening in the NBA and NFL. It’s obvious. This is where skepticism comes into play.

The studies all lag the variants. What you have are your own eyes and ears to tell you they’re obviously not working well to slow the spread. Look what happened at Cornell, look what’s happening in the NBA and NFL. It’s obvious. This is where skepticism comes into play.

Seems like a good approach. We should have done this from the beginning

I'll agree that sure seems to be the case. If you look at Vermont and NH where the vaccination rate is really high they have been in the dark red (high infection rate) for a while. I think Vermont finally dropped out of the dark red.

We don't know how many players are vaccinated. It is very clear that Omi isn't known but there is some good reason to believe vaccines and natural immunity fail to provide much protection from simple spread. But I suspect it is a non-zero number, there is some protection.

Below comes from the Brits, they suggest Pfizer does pretty well against Delta, 70%. The thing is, on a football team of 50 assuming all are vaccinated, 15 would get the disease. The question, how does 15 compare to 45?

• two doses (14 days or more previously) of Pfizer-BioNTech reduced the risk of testing positive by 73% (95% confidence interval: 70% to 76%) in the Delta period, compared with 80% (95% confidence interval: 74% to 85%) in the Alpha period
  • two doses (14 days or more previously) of Oxford-AstraZeneca reduced the risk of testing positive by 62% (95% confidence interval: 58% to 66%) in the Delta period, compared with 76% (95% confidence interval: 62% to 85%) in the Alpha period
  • the reduction in risk 14 days or more after second dose was significantly higher with Pfizer-BioNTech compared with Oxford-AstraZeneca

We don't know how many players are vaccinated. It is very clear that Omi isn't known but there is some good reason to believe vaccines and natural immunity fail to provide much protection from simple spread. But I suspect it is a non-zero number, there is some protection.

Below comes from the Brits, they suggest Pfizer does pretty well against Delta, 70%. The thing is, on a football team of 50 assuming all are vaccinated, 15 would get the disease. The question, how does 15 compare to 45?

• two doses (14 days or more previously) of Pfizer-BioNTech reduced the risk of testing positive by 73% (95% confidence interval: 70% to 76%) in the Delta period, compared with 80% (95% confidence interval: 74% to 85%) in the Alpha period
  • two doses (14 days or more previously) of Oxford-AstraZeneca reduced the risk of testing positive by 62% (95% confidence interval: 58% to 66%) in the Delta period, compared with 76% (95% confidence interval: 62% to 85%) in the Alpha period
  • the reduction in risk 14 days or more after second dose was significantly higher with Pfizer-BioNTech compared with Oxford-AstraZeneca

That’s not accurate. We know exactly how vaccinated the leagues are. The NBA is 97% and the NFL is 95%.

The vaccine is not and never was intended to prevent you from getting COVID, all it does is make you a little less likely to get it and a whole lot less likely to need to be hospitalized or die from it. People don't understand that there is no guarantee of immunity, and pretending/behaving as if you are immune after you have been vaccinated is just utter stupidity. Nobody ever promised that from the vaccine.

That’s not accurate. We know exactly how vaccinated the leagues are. The NBA is 97% and the NFL is 95%.
If accurate. Recall everyone thought a GB QB was vaccinated, or a TB WR with a fake card.

Even so, on an NFL team there is what, 48 players with like a 15 player practice squad and maybe 20 coaches. That is 83 people, If the vaccine is 70% effective, 25 could be expected to get COVID. The vaccine IS still working, 70% of the time.

If accurate. Recall everyone thought a GB QB was vaccinated, or a TB WR with a fake card.

Even so, on an NFL team there is what, 48 players with like a 15 player practice squad and maybe 20 coaches. That is 83 people, If the vaccine is 70% effective, 25 could be expected to get COVID. The vaccine IS still working, 70% of the time.
So we don’t believe NFL players but we believe the regular joes admitted to the hospital? Because it fits the narrative? My friends are testing positive left and right. Look at this tweet from Brianna Keilar. Boosted and symptomatic. It cannot be stopped. Yes the vaccine dominates symptoms and reduces hospitalizations at scale. That’s undeniable. But to continue to pretend that it affords reasonable defense against transmission despite all visual evidence to the contrary is why people are no longer trusting “science.”

Cleveland cannot field a starting offense this week because of cases. Nobody’s sick, mind you, but the policy gods have determined those guys can’t play.

Reactions: Spartans9312
So we don’t believe NFL players but we believe the regular joes admitted to the hospital? Because it fits the narrative? My friends are testing positive left and right. Look at this tweet from Brianna Keilar. Boosted and symptomatic. It cannot be stopped. Yes the vaccine dominates symptoms and reduces hospitalizations at scale. That’s undeniable. But to continue to pretend that it affords reasonable defense against transmission despite all visual evidence to the contrary is why people are no longer trusting “science.”

Cleveland cannot field a starting offense this week because of cases. Nobody’s sick, mind you, but the policy gods have determined those guys can’t play.

I see they have 20 players listed. That is less than half the 48 man regular squad (no idea how many of the 20 are practice team, if any that would raise the 48 possible). It can be Omicron which I've already admitted may not be nearly as impacted by vaccines. And of course, they are vaccinated but that doesn't mean bolstered and we know that the vaccines have been waning. It is very possible that 20 players can be infected AND the vaccine is providing other players with protection against infection. I haven't seen any evidence that isn't true.

And we know from history that super spreaders really drive infection numbers. If one of the Browns was a super spreader, that might account for the largest than the expected number (14 of the48 would be infected if the vaccine were 70% effective). If practice squad is involved, with 70% vaccine effectiveness, we would expect 19 to be infected. Awful close to the 20.

Think of it as the personal armor you wore. For many it many it made no difference. But there are many that it made all the difference in the world. Way too many police die from being shot, even those wearing armor. But that doesn't mean the armor isn't working. I see online for police it is estimated those who do not wear the armor are 14 times more likely to die from an injury.

I am not arguing the vaccine is magic, just that studies have long indicated it helps slow the spread against Delta. Even if the 70% is overblown, take it to 50%. That's still an improvement. Whether person X finds that 50% worth taking the vaccine for it up to them (outside the seriousness of illness issue). They may not find 50% compelling, but it is there nonetheless.

And they are the Browns. If we could count on any organization to screw up everything it would be one of Browns, Lions, Bengals.

I see they have 20 players listed. That is less than half the 48 man regular squad (no idea how many of the 20 are practice team, if any that would raise the 48 possible). It can be Omicron which I've already admitted may not be nearly as impacted by vaccines. And of course, they are vaccinated but that doesn't mean bolstered and we know that the vaccines have been waning. It is very possible that 20 players can be infected AND the vaccine is providing other players with protection against infection. I haven't seen any evidence that isn't true.

And we know from history that super spreaders really drive infection numbers. If one of the Browns was a super spreader, that might account for the largest than the expected number (14 of the48 would be infected if the vaccine were 70% effective). If practice squad is involved, with 70% vaccine effectiveness, we would expect 19 to be infected. Awful close to the 20.

Think of it as the personal armor you wore. For many it many it made no difference. But there are many that it made all the difference in the world. Way too many police die from being shot, even those wearing armor. But that doesn't mean the armor isn't working. I see online for police it is estimated those who do not wear the armor are 14 times more likely to die from an injury.

I am not arguing the vaccine is magic, just that studies have long indicated it helps slow the spread against Delta. Even if the 70% is overblown, take it to 50%. That's still an improvement. Whether person X finds that 50% worth taking the vaccine for it up to them (outside the seriousness of illness issue). They may not find 50% compelling, but it is there nonetheless.

And they are the Browns. If we could count on any organization to screw up everything it would be one of Browns, Lions, Bengals.
Asymptomatics shouldn’t even be tested.

We know the NFL has a rigorous, frequent testing program. If all these cases are in vaxxed players and all of them are asymptomatic ( which I believe is probably the case) then that gives us some info on omicron.

It makes sense for more contagious, less virulent variants to become dominant over time…it also made sense for a third wave of which we are now on the downside. It has nothing to do with the fact that Omicron came around…Given the height of this wave, I’ll predict a fourth one in a couple months too.

We know the NFL has a rigorous, frequent testing program. If all these cases are in vaxxed players and all of them are asymptomatic ( which I believe is probably the case) then that gives us some info on omicron.

It makes sense for more contagious, less virulent variants to become dominant over time…it also made sense for a third wave of which we are now on the downside. It has nothing to do with the fact that Omicron came around…Given the height of this wave, I’ll predict a fourth one in a couple months too.
I believe they changed their protocol a couple days ago to stop testing vaxxed players and coaches on a regular basis and move to a random testing schedule. I heard it being compared to drug testing.

I believe they changed their protocol a couple days ago to stop testing vaxxed players and coaches on a regular basis and move to a random testing schedule. I heard it being compared to drug testing.

LOL. Fewer tests mean fewer cases. Brilliant.

LOL. Fewer tests mean fewer cases. Brilliant.
I assume it was because most of the positives, or a large majority, were asymptomatic. Can't have guys sitting out who are symptom free and otherwise healthy. The damn playoffs are right around the damn corner!

A positive test does not equal “infected”. To be infected you must show symptoms. All of us have microorganisms on and in our bodies. Unless we are sick we are not infected.
Ok….we appear to be playing with words.

With regards to Omicron:
Simple math—it’s competition—Like playing musical chairs— a new, faster player is gunna beat the old, slower player to the last empty chair more often than not. It doesn’t take long for the old guys to get replaced by the new guys.

No reason to test asymptomatics

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT