ADVERTISEMENT

Omicron "variant of concern"

outside shooter

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2001
Uh oh...

Last edited:
Just as long as nobody impinges upon the rights of 40% of Americans to be ****ing morons and not get the vaccination.
If this new S African B11529 Varient gets here it looks like it won't matter whether you're vaccinated or not (and I'm triple vaccinated and all for it)...

Don't worry though..., I'm certain the Biden Administration will shut down the borders and look out for the citizens of the United States first and foremost... 🙄

We're phucked ☠️🙉 ...

Sure glad the Dims have solved the important problems like getting all those pronouns accepted...

If this new S African B11529 Varient gets here it looks like it won't matter whether you're vaccinated or not (and I'm triple vaccinated and all for it)...

Don't worry though..., I'm certain the Biden Administration will shut down the borders and look out for the citizens of the United States first and foremost... 🙄

We're phucked ☠️🙉 ...

Sure glad the Dims have solved the important problems like getting all those pronouns accepted...
What would you like to see happen?

What would you like to see happen?
1. Masks indoors
2. Encourage people to continue to get vaccinated. Review what works by way of incentives etc. and double down on same.
3. Honor the constitution and civil liberties
4. Continue to invest in new treatments
5. Continue to invest in and explore care expansion by way of additional ICUs, licensing w/ borders stays, and residency expansion and acceleration, etc.
6. Encourage honesty from the media and politicians. If a hospital system has 30 ICU beds and 26 are previously occupied by non covid patients don't write HOSPITAL CLOSE TO BEING OVERWHELMED BY COVID PATIENTS after one Covid patient gets admitted.
7. Force Fauci into retirement. and give zero stars to his stupid documentary
8. Isolate the vulnerable. Subsidize same.
9. Keep schools open. Subsidize bonus pay, hazard pay to incentivize teachers to show up.
10. Vet the CDC
11. Vet WHO
12. Vet NIH
13. Carry on with life without the doom and gloom that's going to shape a generation. So vote for Republicans

Off the top of my head. Most importantly keep scientists far, far away from policy decisions.

Last edited:
So @outside shooter , what's your take? I remember there being concerns about the first SA variant, the UK variant, and the Brazil variant. It wasn't until the Indian (Delta) variant that shit got real.

Reactions: vesuvius13
1. Masks indoors
2. Encourage people to continue to get vaccinated. Review what works by way of incentives etc. and double down on same.
5. Continue to invest in and explore care expansion by way of additional ICUs, licensing w/ borders stays, and residency expansion and acceleration, etc.
6. Encourage honesty from the media and politicians. If a hospital system has 30 ICU beds and 26 are previously occupied by non covid patients don't write HOSPITAL CLOSE TO BEING OVERWHELMED BY COVID PATIENTS after one Covid patient gets admitted.
9. Keep schools open. Subsidize bonus pay, hazard pay to incentivize teachers to show up.
10. Vet the CDC
11. Vet WHO
12. Vet NIH
13. Carry on with life without the doom and gloom that's going to shape a generation. So vote for Republicans

Off the top of my head. Most importantly keep scientists far, far away from policy decisions.
very good but will never happen

too much common sense

1. Masks indoors
10. Vet the CDC
11. Vet WHO
12. Vet NIH

We need an Immediate operation warp speed for universal Covid antiviral therapeutics. We are pretty close now.; long over due.

And then live normal lives.

Don't succumb to the fear mongers.

FWIW, Omicron appears to be less transmissible than Delta which was highly transmissible. Don't know about how effective vaccines might be or how lethal Omicron is.

We're phucked ☠️🙉 ...

Did you get a vaccination or did you shine a flashlight up your ass?

We need an Immediate operation warp speed for universal Covid antiviral therapeutics. We are pretty close now.; long over due.

And then live normal lives.

Don't succumb to the fear mongers.

FWIW, Omicron appears to be less transmissible than Delta which was highly transmissible. Don't know about how effective vaccines might be or how lethal Omicron is.
I honestly don't know anything about Omicron. I read that a number of countries have recommended against Moderna for those under 30 as a result of heart issues; although rare, there's enough to again warrant the recommendation. Issues like this will continue to provide support to those who don't want to be vaccinated. We will never reach herd immunity; resultantly, we need a far more comprehensive approach, including therapeutics, obviously.

And yes the fear mongering is outsized and frankly, evil.

Oh yeah….it’s American’s fault. The whole damn mess.
No, it's the fault of Americans who won't do anything to keep their guard up against the virus that originated in China (like get vaccinated, wear masks, wash hands effectively or use sanitizer).

It's crazy to me that so many people say "it originated in China, therefore I don't have to take all these precautions."

No, it's the fault of Americans who won't do anything to keep their guard up against the virus that originated in China (like get vaccinated, wear masks, wash hands effectively or use sanitizer).

It's crazy to me that so many people say "it originated in China, therefore I don't have to take all these precautions."
I have never heard the words "it originated in China, therefore I don't have to take all these precautions" spoken, whispered, or written - ever. I know every one of the words you wrote, but I have never seen them in that order and would be willing to wager it's the first time they have ever been assembled in that order until now - in any language....

Your 2nd paragraph….I’ve never heard a soul say that.
I’ve had 3 shots, worn a mask for every shift. Washing your hands is basic hygiene…has nothing to due with CoViD. You can have my allotment of sanitizer

I have never heard the words "it originated in China, therefore I don't have to take all these precautions" spoken, whispered, or written - ever. I know every one of the words you wrote, but I have never seen them in that order and would be willing to wager it's the first time they have ever been assembled in that order until now - in any language....
Oh, come on McMurtry and Spartans. You two know hyperbole when you see it. We all use it occasionally, including you two.

Here's some more hyperbole: "If a hospital system has 30 ICU beds and 26 are previously occupied by non covid patients don't write HOSPITAL CLOSE TO BEING OVERWHELMED BY COVID PATIENTS after one Covid patient gets admitted."

Can either McMurtry or Spartans document that this exact situation ever happened? If not, get off my ass, hypocrites.

Oh, come on McMurtry and Spartans. You two know hyperbole when you see it. We all use it occasionally, including you two.

Here's some more hyperbole: "If a hospital system has 30 ICU beds and 26 are previously occupied by non covid patients don't write HOSPITAL CLOSE TO BEING OVERWHELMED BY COVID PATIENTS after one Covid patient gets admitted."

Can either McMurtry or Spartans document that this exact situation ever happened? If not, get off my ass, hypocrites.
Negative. I can't recall where it was; northern Idaho or somewhere. It was 10 counties and two hospitals had ICU beds and there was literally a handful of new Covid patients and that was the headline.

This holds true all over the country. Endless fear mongering. ICUs are always already at 60-70 percent capacity without Covid

so I guess the Europeans, Indians, Brazilians, Argentinians are also to blame, according to you. Instead of the piece of shit country that has millions of deaths on their commie hands.

so I guess the Europeans, Indians, Brazilians, Argentinians are also to blame, according to you. Instead of the piece of shit country that has millions of deaths on their commie hands.
Hell yes.

Americans, Europeans, Indians, Brazilians, Argentinians, anybody who won't take precautions against the virus that originated in China, share blame. And so does China.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Negative. I can't recall where it was; northern Idaho or somewhere. It was 10 counties and two hospitals had ICU beds and there was literally a handful of new Covid patients and that was the headline.

This holds true all over the country. Endless fear mongering. ICUs are always already at 60-70 percent capacity without Covid
In your Post 11 above, you wrote:

"13. Carry on with life without the doom and gloom that's going to shape a generation. So vote for Republicans."

Did you mean that literally, with no exception? Does that mean you would automatically vote for Greene and Boebert and against Manchin? That somehow doesn't seem like your level of analysis.

In your Post 11 above, you wrote:

"13. Carry on with life without the doom and gloom that's going to shape a generation. So vote for Republicans."

Did you mean that literally, with no exception? Does that mean you would automatically vote for Greene and Boebert and against Manchin? That somehow doesn't seem like your level of analysis.
I would vote for Manchin. That said I put anti lockdown above all things.

Careful. You are right to say we don't know about vaccine (or immune) effectiveness, or lethality. But we also don't yet have data on transmissibility. We only know:

1. This variant popped up and outcompeted other variants very quickly, resulting in a surge of cases, in particular locales.
2. This variant displays a number of specific mutations that have been associated with other successful variants.

That was enough to make it a variant of concern, but it's far too early to say anything about transmissibility beyond practically baseless speculation.

Careful. You are right to say we don't know about vaccine (or immune) effectiveness, or lethality. But we also don't yet have data on transmissibility. We only know:

1. This variant popped up and outcompeted other variants very quickly, resulting in a surge of cases, in particular locales.
2. This variant displays a number of specific mutations that have been associated with other successful variants.

That was enough to make it a variant of concern, but it's far too early to say anything about transmissibility beyond practically baseless speculation.
I read one expert who believed Delta represented optimal covid transmissibility, and he would very surprised if Omicron could match Delta.

This sounds like when the cops say so-and-so is just a "person of interest" but refuse to call him a "suspect."

We're phucked ☠️🙉 ...

It’s already here. Just saw on nbc nightly news that by the time Delta was in S. Africa last summer it was learned later it was already in Western Europe and the U.S.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT