ADVERTISEMENT

Oh hell nah!

I was reading some ND message boards and they just lost their TE coach and they brought up Kevin Wright as a replacement. Good grief do they have any interest in Hiller.
If I was a ND fan, I'd wonder why we're trying to go after coaches on a 2-10 team.....

Reactions: mk24
Great comeback, bro. Really proud of you for taking such a strong stand on an Internet forum. Now, just for fun, go back and read the first 4 words of my post.
You wouldn't have shared it unless you thought there was some validity, I hear different opinions by people that watch IUFB and non IUFB recruits, I don't go running to a message board to share them though because some opinions are utter nonsense and should be treated as such.

If I was a ND fan, I'd wonder why we're trying to go after coaches on a 2-10 team.....
LOLOL, they're trying to take two offensive coaches from the worst offense in the P5, I'm dead. Not that I think either are bad coaches, both would pretty major losses especially McCullough but seriously, at least steal from the in-state P5 team that actually had a respectable offense this season, you're Notre Dame, why are you taking scraps from the bottom feeders.

Reactions: DANC
LOLOL, they're trying to take two offensive coaches from the worst offense in the P5, I'm dead. Not that I think either are bad coaches, both would pretty major losses especially McCullough but seriously, at least steal from the in-state P5 team that actually had a respectable offense this season, you're Notre Dame, why are you taking scraps from the bottom feeders.
Seriously, I think it's funny as hell. Let's hope some of our 'mojo' gets spread to the Golden Domers.

If the rumors I'm hearing about Deland McCullough interviewing at Notre Dame next week are true, I'm just going to bury my head in the ground & hibernate for about 5 years,
Yeah…this officially blows.

Very frustrating to have the guy who calls Allen to leave the Chiefs because he wanted to come to IU for RB coach plus other role. Seemed he wanted to use Associate HC role as way to get HC job. Just a bummer to have him leave after a year. Not just cause the kids are involved. Now you are starting over again with recruiting the RB room. He was making descent $ at IU but ND is a national brand. I hope IU goes after Kenni burns at Minnesota. Former IU running back.

Reactions: Chriselli
Well Harbaugh is interviewing with the Vikings Wednesday. Does TA call Mike Hart and see if he wants to come back.

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
This rumor is bringing out all the reversible jacket fans on Twitter. The absolute worst kind of person.

I consider myself a strong advocate for civility. That being said, if you root for Notre Dame football and IU basketball, please go **** yourself.
As an ND fan I always hated seeing all the IU fans show up at the JACC.....knowing damn well they rooted for ND during the football season.

My overall opinion has officially turned sour on CTA(if you've followed my posts, you know this is a very bold statement and a complete change of tune), Deland is right not to tarnish his resume which to this point(outside of last year) is impeccable, and if the way football has changed shows us anything, it's that in this day and age you need a decent O-line to have a strong running game. McCullough OBVIOUSLY saw what CTA refuses to acknowledge, which is that Darren Hiller is incapable of fielding a decent O-line. I heard a rumor(so take it with a grain of salt) that McCullough told CTA he needed to make a change at O-line coach and Allen declined.

It's one thing to brush off your running backs coach, but he is also Associate Head Coach, which to my understanding is second in command of the entire team. I can't believe CTA didn't defer to his AHC who also happens to be way more of an expert on how an offense is supposed to run as he is an offensive coach, when DMC said changes need to be made.

Darren Hiller may literally cost Tom Allen his job and he seems all but content with it.

I truly believe that when DMC called Tom Allen, he intended to stay in Bloomington for several years, maybe not through his son's graduating and leaving IU, but it was intended to be much longer than a 1 year stay. He would've told all of his kids that this was not a long term move and they shouldn't make any college decisions on his account. The fact is his oldest transferred and Dasan flipped from OSU to play with his brothers AND his dad. The fact that Deland decided his reputation was worth too much to stay with his sons(they will probably transfer to ND, but still) tells you where he believes this offense is headed with guys like Walt Bell and Darren Hiller at the helm.

Very frustrating to have the guy who calls Allen to leave the Chiefs because he wanted to come to IU for RB coach plus other role. Seemed he wanted to use Associate HC role as way to get HC job. Just a bummer to have him leave after a year. Not just cause the kids are involved. Now you are starting over again with recruiting the RB room. He was making descent $ at IU but ND is a national brand. I hope IU goes after Kenni burns at Minnesota. Former IU running back.
Was that really his motivation or did he want an easy, soft landing before he got dumped by KC?

Congrats to ND. They just hired a guy that would have his kid sign a NLI and then leave him a month later.

Honey dicked is the term I think some guys used before in here.

Was that really his motivation or did he want an easy, soft landing before he got dumped by KC?

Congrats to ND. They just hired a guy that would have his kid sign a NLI and then leave him a month later.

Honey dicked is the term I think some guys used before in here.
No, he was in no position to get fired by KC, and the fact that he got his sons to flip just tells you what his mindset was when he came back to Bloomington. DMC said he didn't try and persuade his kids, but if he intended to leave after less than one year he would've told Dasan and Daeh not to pick IU on his account, as he may not even be there by the time they arrive on campus. This shows how much his opinion of this program has fallen in less than one year. But hey, at least Darren Hiller is still on staff, right...right.

No, he was in no position to get fired by KC, and the fact that he got his sons to flip just tells you what his mindset was when he came back to Bloomington. DMC said he didn't try and persuade his kids, but if he intended to leave after less than one year he would've told Dasan and Daeh not to pick IU on his account, as he may not even be there by the time they arrive on campus. This shows how much his opinion of this program has fallen in less than one year. But hey, at least Darren Hiller is still on staff, right...right.
KC fans and media at the time disagreed with that.

I have no idea.

Ding,ding, ding…..and you just brought up the major reason why DMC just left, this is on CTA.

Damn, I was hoping it was something else. But you and Baller are the two guys here that know their shit, so I'll just have to resign myself to it.

You can speculate all you want, dude can flat out coach and was by far Tom Allen's most valuable assistant on staff. This is a MASSIVE LOSS and that's not even factoring in his three sons, who will most likely be leaving as well.
Go read about it yourself. KC needed/wanted a spot for current WR coach, who Reid views as some sort of offense wunderkind.

Next thing you know McCullough is coming here because he loves IU so much.

He’s a loss. I’m not suggesting that he isn’t.

But the sons have to stay for a year after signing the NLI.

Last edited:
Apparently CTA's wife and Hiller's wife are BFF's. Inseparable.
This fact is the underlying reason that CTA is willing to basically tank the program he is in charge of(and in the process, get himself fired), but all is good as long as he doesn't have to fire Fat Ass Hiller.

Name another coach that has done more damage in one year than this. Ran off most of the RB room, reneged on whatever promise he made to Allen, and now probably pulling his kids and leaving even more gaping holes in the roster. I’ll hang up and listen.

PS - Hiller doesn’t count. His reign of mediocrity has lasted more than 1 year.

Rarely post on here. Wrote out this long post and decided to delete it. I cannot even properly put into words just the gravity of this situation and what it means. Extremely bummed right now and trying hard to fight off the ever growing pessimism about the football program. I told myself after Allen’s successes a few years ago that I would always trust his leadership, but this is a gut punch and just feels like a huge momentum shift in the program.

Name another coach that has done more damage in one year than this. Ran off most of the RB room, reneged on whatever promise he made to Allen, and now probably pulling his kids and leaving even more gaping holes in the roster. I’ll hang up and listen.

PS - Hiller doesn’t count. His reign of mediocrity has lasted more than 1 year.
You can say the same for Nick Sheridan except Sheridan was ACTUALLY CALLING PLAYS. Two QB's transferred, one decommitted and the offense was dysfunctional. Won't disagree though that the value of losing two of the best recruits IU has ever gotten is hard to beat.

Reactions: DANC
Rarely post on here. Wrote out this long post and decided to delete it. I cannot even properly put into words just the gravity of this situation and what it means. Extremely bummed right now and trying hard to fight off the ever growing pessimism about the football program. I told myself after Allen’s successes a few years ago that I would always trust his leadership, but this is a gut punch and just feels like a huge momentum shift in the program.
Completely agree, I said keeping Hiller after signing day was inexcusable, apparently Deland did too. Hard to see this ending in anything other than a couple of 3-9 seasons, before the IU athletic department finally caves and pays that mammoth of a buyout for Allen, and then we will finally be rid of Hiller.

Well said. And the best assessment I've read so far.

It is disappointing to think how much has changed in one year with IU football. Last year at this time my optimism was at an all time high. Now I’m expecting McCullugh to leave and his sons soon follow.
If that is the case what signal does that send?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT