ADVERTISEMENT

Oh hell nah!

It is disappointing to think how much has changed in one year with IU football. Last year at this time my optimism was at an all time high. Now I’m expecting McCullugh to leave and his sons soon follow.

Reactions: IUgradman
It is disappointing to think how much has changed in one year with IU football. Last year at this time my optimism was at an all time high. Now I’m expecting McCullugh to leave and his sons soon follow.

Don't panic... Unless they're offering him the Offensive Coordinator job along with RB's there's no plausible reason for him to go there... Not everyone swoons at the thought of working at the Dame...

In my opinion, Notre Dame has become a legend in their own mind... Their own Head Coach bailed on them for LSU recently... What's that tell you about the place (outside of confirming that Kelly really is the slimy weasel most of us thought was)...

I think we double down and give Mc some more responsibility and he sticks... He's not the type to tuck and run when things get a little tough...

If we were just coming off a Big Ten Championship I'd be worried but not right after last season... He has more character than that...

Some of these Coaches need to start paying attention to appearances related to their conduct. Remember 4 years ago when the Colts were trying to fill their Head Coaching position. They interviewed several people and thought they had hired the Patriots Offensive Coordinator (Josh I forget his last name)? He accepted the job and then backed out several days later, wasting time for the Colts and perhaps costing them opportunities to hire Other People. As far as I know, this Guy hasn't been mentioned for a head Coaching Job or received an interview since. Effectively, He blackballed himself.

Same concept Here. If You take a job in the Off Season, Coach for several months and draw a paycheck
and then chase after the next shiny toy, Who is going to want to hire You next time out of work? What goes around comes around. Loyalty (or lack thereof) has a price.

Some of these Coaches need to start paying attention to appearances related to their conduct. Remember 4 years ago when the Colts were trying to fill their Head Coaching position. They interviewed several people and thought they had hired the Patriots Offensive Coordinator (Josh I forget his last name)? He accepted the job and then backed out several days later, wasting time for the Colts and perhaps costing them opportunities to hire Other People. As far as I know, this Guy hasn't been mentioned for a head Coaching Job or received an interview since. Effectively, He blackballed himself.

Same concept Here. If You take a job in the Off Season, Coach for several months and draw a paycheck
and then chase after the next shiny toy, Who is going to want to hire You next time out of work? What goes around comes around. Loyalty (or lack thereof) has a price.
I understand what you're speaking of but Mc doesn't come close to falling in that category...

I think the whole rhubarb is much ado about nothing... ND wants the best RB's Coach out there and understandably identified Mc as that guy..., so they floated him an offer...; doesn't mean he has, or will, take it...

Like I said above, the ND "name" doesn't have the effect on the best of the best that it once had... Those days are a distant memory... (they just don't realize it)....

Last edited:
If the reports this past summer saying Mrs. Mc was happy to be living in Bloomington again, and happy to have all her sons playing for Indiana, where their dad is coach, are to be believed. It’s hard for me to conceive Mc moving.

If the reports this past summer saying Mrs. Mc was happy to be living in Bloomington again, and happy to have all her sons playing for Indiana, where their dad is coach, are to be believed. It’s hard for me to conceive Mc moving.

This. Unless all that publicity was just blowing smoke and they turn out to be mercenaries just like so many others.

Reactions: baileyiu
Looks like CTA's next big recruiting effort may be trying to keep Coach Mac where he belongs....with the Hoosiers!!
Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: Nieman and 76-1
Not that it would be a deciding factor although it would be high piece of criteria for me since I've lived in both towns. There is a hell of a difference in spending a Winter in Bloomington and spending 1 in South Bend. It's not the difference so much in temperature but the amount of snow. Sunny days with 7' of plowed snow on the roadside is sobering.

Not that it would be a deciding factor although it would be high piece of criteria for me since I've lived in both towns. There is a hell of a difference in spending a Winter in Bloomington and spending 1 in South Bend. It's not the difference so much in temperature but the amount of snow. Sunny days with 7' of plowed snow on the roadside is sobering.
Hmmmm..... South Bend or Bloomington...... no contest.

I'd slit my wrists if I had to live in South Bend.

If he goes it will be because he sees his chances of developing great running backs limited by the terrible offensive lines put in front of them. Keeping Hiller will cost IU McCullough. I hope tom thinks that's a good trade off - keeping a horrible coach to lose a great one.

If he goes it will be because he sees his chances of developing great running backs limited by the terrible offensive lines put in front of them. Keeping Hiller will cost IU McCullough. I hope tom thinks that's a good trade off - keeping a horrible coach to lose a great one.
Word is he’s not leaving. We will see. I bet momma has something to say. 😉

It seems a stretch for him to leave when his sons are either here, signed or verballed to come to IU. Deland II has already transferred once so I don't think he gets another free transfer so leaving would likely forego the opportunity to have all 3 sons on the same team with him.

Who knows and money talks but if it was me, I would at least stay until deland II graduated.

I think he has. No real confirmation. I just don’t think the timing is right and knowing how Allen is he probably told him to at least listen. Stupid not to.

Also, I've known of many job situations, either my own, colleagues', friends/family, etc where bosses have said something along the lines of "I'd like to give you a bigger raise, but [the people in charge of the money] won't approve it unless there is a competing offer" especially in university settings where employment contracts undergo a highly structured process.

Also, I've known of many job situations, either my own, colleagues', friends/family, etc where bosses have said something along the lines of "I'd like to give you a bigger raise, but [the people in charge of the money] won't approve it unless there is a competing offer" especially in university settings where employment contracts undergo a highly structured process.

If they have the money for a raise but not the money for firing hiller then something fishy going on.

Reactions: Champs1976
Hmmmm..... South Bend or Bloomington...... no contest.

I'd slit my wrists if I had to live in South Bend.
DITTO! I was born in LaPorte county, NW Indiana. I know about cold, wind and snow. Now I live in NE Indiana. Still cold winters but quite a bit less snow. South Bend in the wintertime is just pitiful. Luckily very seldom have to winter travel there.

Reactions: DANC and red hornet
Knowledgeable poster from the other site says he's gone and his boys will follow.

Not good if true.

only thing i see on other forums is someone saying looks like we need a new rb coach and saying no clue what sons will do unless you are looking on a premium board.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT