ADVERTISEMENT

Oh hell nah!

He is leaving for one of the biggest brands in the sport.

An opportunity that few coaches ever sniff.

To make it out to be much more than this is dumb.

Good luck in the snow.
You are dead wrong in this instance, DMC told CTA that DH was a huge problem and needed to go, he was told to coach his position group better and that the OL was “not a problem”. Had DH been “let go” DMC would have not listened to ND, that is fact.

It's LSU. This stuff only becomes an issue in the SEC, and especially LSU, when you dont win and they want you out.
I get all that but it’s bad behavior that led to the mutiny. He lost his team and the administration confidence first. Hard to stay focused when you are skirt chasing and being a pompous prick to everyone including your players. His divorce was public and ugly.

Wait, you are saying that you heard rumors that McCullough was getting ready to be fired by Kansas City? Because I have never even heard that even whispered. Or is that something you created in your head to validate your opinion that our team is not on fire at the moment?
I don't hear anything. I read things. I formed my own opinion. The Chiefs had 3 coaches for 2 spots. One of them, out of the blue, bolts for IU and declares his love for #LEO and the University.

How do you know what my opinion is on the status of the team? There are clearly serious issues. They went 2-10 FFS.

Reactions: DANC
You are dead wrong in this instance, DMC told CTA that DH was a huge problem and needed to go, he was told to coach his position group better and that the OL was “not a problem”. Had DH been “let go” DMC would have not listened to ND, that is fact.
I really hope that is not true. If it is that's an indictment on Allen. Lose your best coach because you refuse to see the elephant in the room.

Reactions: mk24
Such a huge drop-off followed by many transfers, multiple coaches leaving, and questionable hires have driven me, in my opinion. Not just one bad year.
who in the transfer portal made a difference with this team last year? Penix....at times but couldn't stay healthy. Reece Taylor...not a difference maker/lock down corner. who?? We got a lot better in the portal than what left in the portal. FACT.

I really hope that is not true. If it is that's an indictment on Allen. Lose your best coach because you refuse to see the elephant in the room.
As much as I hate to say it, it is true, and I’ve been a big Tom Allen fan, I think I’ve supported that view with my postings here. That said, this is inexcusable, CTA has blinders on when it comes to Hiller and it is creating major issues, it’s sad really……sigh

Reactions: 76-1 and baileyiu
As much as I hate to say it, it is true, and I’ve been a big Tom Allen fan, I think I’ve supported that view with my postings here. That said, this is inexcusable, CTA has blinders on when it comes to Hiller and it is creating major issues, it’s sad really……sigh
1)The Bell hire was head-scratching; 2) the McCullough departure is devastating; and 3) Hiller's continued status as OL coach is utterly baffling. Even if "2" above isn't directly a function of "3," Tom Allen's judgment and leadership are now very much in question.

Because the guy has been amazing at every stop and is universally respected? He has a Superbowl ring. Everyone in the coaching profession could see the trash offense was not his fault.
So why did he call Allen, looking for a job? Hiller was OL coach then.

Reactions: kmathum and MIS01
who in the transfer portal made a difference with this team last year? Penix....at times but couldn't stay healthy. Reece Taylor...not a difference maker/lock down corner. who?? We got a lot better in the portal than what left in the portal. FACT.
this is so incredibly short sighted. Just because a star starter didn't leave doesn't mean that it's not impactful. Depth was impacted, and role players left.
James Miller, DK Bonhomme were both back up LBs that were impactful and likely starters or depth in the next two years. So was CJ Person... let's not forget our favorite benedict arnold Reece Taylor.
Miles Marshal was the #3 WR who slipped last season, Hewitt was #4
The running back room lost their starter by the end of last season... regardless of whether or not he was a walk on. Poindexter was a contributor.
Bjorson was the top blocking TE who was big on the goal line.

No, they're not all Penix... but they're in the depth chart and impact development and depth

Development and depth is critical to building a program.

Reactions: mk24 and DANC
Interested to know how you are aware of this?

Could be, and I have noted the DH issue several times, but I am certainly not dead wrong about the alure of coaching at ND. We aren't in the same zip code as ND.

Could be, and I have noted the DH issue several times, but I am certainly not dead wrong about the alure of coaching at ND. We aren't in the same zip code as ND.

Kookie said it on TOS

No one is debating ND football vs IU football, but DMC left the Chiefs to come here, not SB. He has already coached at USC and in the Super Bowl with the KC Chiefs, he has been at the pinnacle, which ND is not. He wanted to be HERE with his kids, now they will all be divided, if you can’t see there is more going on here than “ND”, just don’t know what to tell you.

You seem to have a lot of specifics(not that I am disagreeing with you) but what's your source on this?

Really?
ND’s last 5 years average record is 11-2 with multiple CFP appearances.
That’s current. Not the past.
Do you know how many teams have that current resume? Five.
And ND’s academic stature is in a different stratospheric as IU’s. I wonder how much he would like his sons to get a degree from ND?
Kids today, as in not the past, still talk about ND’s reputation in college football.
ND is a step forward for him as a RB coach from IU, stop acting like it’s not.
Uh the coach who accomplished those things is gone.

Domers will be eating some humble pie soon enough.

I hope DMAC doesn't unpack his shit - he may be on the move again shortly.

Reactions: mk24

He will be on the move again, this is clearly a career move and I can't argue RB's coach at ND is a better position than RB's coach at IU, it will hold a lot more weight at during those HC interviews, but this is very clearly a step for him. He has no previous ties to ND, he's there a max of 2 years before he moves on to becoming HC at a GO5/FCS school.

Reactions: DANC

This is true. I am still shocked they plucked their coach from the great Darrell Hazel coaching tree.

• Haha
Reactions: mk24 and DANC
You seem to have a lot of specifics(not that I am disagreeing with you) but what's your source on this?
Obviously if I put that out there , let’s just say it wouldn’t be very smart on my part if I want to continue to hear things. And I’m not here to “convince” or change minds merely saying what I’ve heard and what has seemingly been confirmed in other places.

Let me explain it to you...

If you have a feeder system that indoctrinates kids clear back to the grade school level on literally a world wide scale you should be playing for a national championship on a regular basis. You don't... That's especially ridiculous when you get to make your own schedule...

You've been overrated for decades. Everyone sees that outside of the ND faithful...

Here's hoping Mc brings you the type of good fortune he brought us..
Decades!! Decades I tell you!! Lol

So why did he call Allen, looking for a job? Hiller was OL coach then.
exactly. why did he leave KC? is there a back story there? me thinks there's more to this scenario than meets the eye.

If the reports this past summer saying Mrs. Mc was happy to be living in Bloomington again, and happy to have all her sons playing for Indiana, where their dad is coach, are to be believed. It’s hard for me to conceive Mc moving.
I got this wrong … I am OK with that … Don’t see an official announcement … but the articles keep coming

All three sons remain committed to IU

https://www.jconline.com/story/spor...ts-dasan-mccullough-daeh-hoosiers/9306101002/

Reactions: DANC and red hornet
You are seriously a dumb human being.
I will take that as a compliment.

ND is indeed one of the biggest brands in the country.

His sons have all indicated they are staying with IU, that may upset you but it certainly supports my contention (which includes my postings about the need to move on Hiller).

I will take that as a compliment.

ND is indeed one of the biggest brands in the country.

His sons have all indicated they are staying with IU, that may upset you but it certainly supports my contention (which includes my postings about the need to move on Hiller).
Why would that upset me? And glad to see you also agree that Hiller has to go. I still think that the hiring of our OC and the retention of Hiller was the main cause.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT