ADVERTISEMENT

McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.
black kids still are scared shitless of martinsville. For sure improving every year though. Time will change it and we are 100% moving in the right direction with the youth.
They shouldn’t be though. I don’t blame them though. The reason is because they have been told to be. Started with the murder of carol Jenkins. The guy that actually murdered her was from Indy while passing through. You should read the book. The daughter who was very young watched her dad kill her.

The world's gotten way too thin-skinned. People like seeing folks who look like themselves succeed, man, woman, child, race, LGBTQ... It's human nature. Big nothing burger.
People feel more comfortable with those of commonality. It's the lure of shared values. It's why lesbians flock to IU women's basketball games, successful white people converge on Carmel, East Indians reside together in huge neighborhoods on the west side of Columbus, IN and why Chicago has its Little Italy and Polish neighborhoods. It starts at the quantum world of sub atomic particles, all the way up to commonality of universes in hypothesized universal clusters...probably. Whatever it is, is okay, for it doesn't mean one is racist for supporting one particular group in favor over another. Cheer louder for Jordy Hulls when it comes naturally.

People feel more comfortable with those of commonality. It's the lure of shared values. It's why lesbians flock to IU women's basketball games, successful white people converge on Carmel, East Indians reside together in huge neighborhoods on the west side of Columbus, IN and why Chicago has its Little Italy and Polish neighborhoods. It starts at the quantum world of sub atomic particles, all the way up to commonality of universes in hypothesized universal clusters...probably. Whatever it is, is okay, for it doesn't mean one is racist for supporting one particular group in favor over another. Cheer louder for Jordy Hulls when it comes naturally.
we're saying the same thing, and I agree, it's human nature not racism. The only reason there is a discussion is folks saying it is racist or might be a reason a kid would shy away from IU. Let's face it, a lot of Larry Bird's popularity wasn't just because he was a great basketball player.

Kansas may win this with lots of cash like Bidunga. Billy knows how to play the game
This is an uncontrolled fact. NIL amount is more important than playing close to home or The academics of a school.
Maybe “can you make me an NBA guy” trumps short term NIL but nothing else. If I were an 18 yo top 100 kid I would want the money as well. And for guys who are good just not nba good, NIL is a nice start for your savings account.

we're saying the same thing, and I agree, it's human nature not racism. The only reason there is a discussion is folks saying it is racist or might be a reason a kid would shy away from IU. Let's face it, a lot of Larry Bird's popularity wasn't just because he was a great basketball player.
Yep, it was also because he was a pickup truck driving, beer drinking, grass cutting, trash picking, blue collar champion.

So any white player that’s been successful is because they had white privilege?

I think Bird earned his place in history just like the other greats and race had nothing to do with any of their places in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT