ADVERTISEMENT

McNeeley

Status
Not open for further replies.

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Yesterday I read he was a near IU lock. Today I read he’s taking visits to Kansas & Texas. Lol

Yesterday I read he was a near IU lock. Today I read he’s taking visits to Kansas & Texas. Lol
Right, and? Near lock is just a prediction by a recruitnik, and the kid/family/camp are scheduling visits. I don't like how it's dragging out, but I get it. I think with NIL money at play, recruitments are going to drag on and on.

The money for mcneeley at IU will easily be the most for any player ever at IU. Do not underestimate the money IU fans will pay white basketball players.
who do you think has had the most lucrative 1 year NIL deal at IU to date? Trayce, JHS, MM or KW? Assuming it's someone other than JHS since he kind of blew up and was a normal high school recruit.

who do you think has had the most lucrative 1 year NIL deal at IU to date? Trayce, JHS, MM or KW? Assuming it's someone other than JHS since he kind of blew up and was a normal high school recruit.
TJD for sure.

TJD for sure.
That's what I would have thought, but it was also still fairly new and I'd read that a pretty large booster and started following MM the day he committed, and of course we beat KU so I'd think a healthy NIL deal was a part of all that.

Reactions: IU73
Kansas may win this with lots of cash like Bidunga. Billy knows how to play the game

Kansas may win this with lots of cash like Bidunga. Billy knows how to play the game
They have a lot tied up in two bigs. I think queen plays a part in this also. Not saying it’s a package deal though. I think these guys are talking.

It's not all about money, it's also about playing time and getting to the next level. I hope the kid is smart enough to think long term because those NBA contracts are going to make the NIL deals look like spare change, if he can get that far.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
The money for mcneeley at IU will easily be the most for any player ever at IU. Do not underestimate the money IU fans will pay white basketball players.
I didn’t realize the “fans” made NIL payment decisions.

If you’re talking about dweebs like you who think they’re part of the program then no.

You could put his voodoo doll next to Galloway and Cupps in your expanding collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: ulrey
I would hope we’re long past that. I think most fans want to win and they could care less about race or religion.
IU fans are not as enthusiastic about the players he’s attached to and that is upsetting to him and possibly the player(s).

Easy read. Like when Matt Damon is playing poker with the professors in Rounders.

So by that “reasoning” Cupps and Trey are the two IU players making the most NIL cash ?
Last year it must have been Trey and Kopp ?
SMH

Reactions: BCCHoosier
So by that “reasoning” Cupps and Trey are the two IU players making the most NIL cash ?
Last year it must have been Trey and Kopp ?
SMH
who do you think will make more this year x or Trey? Who should

Cupps banks or gunn.

If everything was even these answers should be no brainers right?

Reactions: Hoosier Clarion
IU fans are not as enthusiastic about the players he’s attached to and that is upsetting to him and possibly the player(s).

Easy read. Like when Matt Damon is playing poker with the professors in Rounders.
The professors? Stick to your basement and make another screen name.

who do you think will make more this year x or Trey? Who should

Cupps banks or gunn.

If everything was even these answers should be no brainers right?
You mean the transfer who grabs opponents nuts, gets suspended with half the team at NU, and drives his Charger down College at 100 mph makes less than Galloway?

Shocking development

Indeed. Hard to change the mindset of a generation though, I think time is the only way to advance. Many older folks from Indiana have underlying racism in their blood. I mean martinsville wasn’t allowed to hold games at home for awhile because of racism when I was in HS.

We are talking 20 years ago.

Reactions: IUgradman
You honestly believe this nonsense? This all centers around his guy not getting paid as much as he could as a result of that players actions.

Your statements make no sense. As much as he could? Just go back to the water cooler or I’ll end this for you.

Whether true or not, this is not a helpful post. I thought you were here to help IU? This post shared with recruits...not a good look
Reach much? C'mon, you think a player is going to worry about what a random poster on an internet board is saying, and let comments like that influence a college decision? And in the odd case that they did, you'd be doing the staff a favor to push that kid elsewhere as they'd be nothing but a problem. Not sure why something like that is even a big deal. I remember when my son was young, his favorite player was Jordy Hulls, who was far from the best player on that team, but I'm sure part of the reason he liked him was from anyone on the roster, he most looked like my son.

The world's gotten way too thin-skinned. People like seeing folks who look like themselves succeed, man, woman, child, race, LGBTQ... It's human nature. Big nothing burger.

Indeed. Hard to change the mindset of a generation though, I think time is the only way to advance. Many older folks from Indiana have underlying racism in their blood. I mean martinsville wasn’t allowed to hold games at home for awhile because of racism when I was in HS.

Indiana is like an R+20 state and still voted for Obama. You need to get out more.

Martinsville has been a racist haven for decades and it's a shame the school and town don't do more to end it by suspending kids or banning adults who have incited it, vs accomodating them by adjusting their rules. When my ex's Howe team played there in the early 80s they closed a Pizza Hut for the Howe team and cheerleaders to eat at to avoid any problems. My black roommate at IU would avoid Martinsville like the plague when driving down or back home to Indy.

But, yes, I agree with you, I think most folks younger than 30 don't really see race for the most part, except in backwards areas where their parents and families talk it and they don't see kids of other races at school. Slow, but I do think it's diminishing.

Martinsville has been a racist haven for decades and it's a shame the school and town don't do more to end it by suspending kids or banning adults who have incited it, vs accomodating them by adjusting their rules. When my ex's Howe team played there in the early 80s they closed a Pizza Hut for the Howe team and cheerleaders to eat at to avoid any problems. My black roommate at IU would avoid Martinsville like the plague when driving down or back home to Indy.

But, yes, I agree with you, I think most folks younger than 30 don't really see race for the most part, except in backwards areas where their parents and families talk it and they don't see kids of other races at school. Slow, but I do think it's diminishing.
It has but it’s the older generation. One of my good friends is black and he’s lived in Martinsville for going on two decades. He hasn’t had any issue. He actually had more issues living in Bloomington because a lot of people make it one.

I was at that game. The refs let that sh!t get out of hand. No police presence after the students met the players getting off the bus. It was wild. I felt bad for the girls team that was set to win multiple state titles over a small subset of people. Martinsville definitely played up the stigma to get a win over a then #1 ranked Bloomington north. Do I think they are normally a blatantly racist bunch? No but there are lots of bigots. No more so than most smaller rural town across the Midwest. Remember highschool ball was still king back then so Martinsville took every advantage they could.

Reactions: Cavanagh
It has but it’s the older generation. One of my good friends is black and he’s lived in Martinsville for going on two decades. He hasn’t had any issue. He actually had more issues living in Bloomington because a lot of people make it one.
I'd agree it is, but it does filter down and there's a segment of HS kids who embrace it, or it wouldn't continue to keep cropping up. Of course the episodes I'm referring to are 40+ years ago and Cav's were 20, so hopefully it is improving.

I was at that game. The refs let that sh!t get out of hand. No police presence after the students met the players getting off the bus. It was wild. I felt bad for the girls team that was set to win multiple state titles over a small subset of people. Martinsville definitely played up the stigma to get a win over a then #1 ranked Bloomington north. Do I think they are normally a blatantly racist bunch? No but there are lots of bigots. No more so than most smaller rural town across the Midwest. Remember highschool ball was still king back then so Martinsville took every advantage they could.
That's what I mean: rather than trying to squelch it, they've allowed some rednecks to fan the flames and use their kids' to do it. And, I'd disagree about no more than other towns across the midwest. I don't know of any town that has had that number of incidents. When I was in HS our Asst Principal had coached Southport's bball teams for many years, and he even had a student cheering section named after him: Braden's Raiders. He told stories of the student cheering section from Martinsville fighting with Braden's Raiders over chants they used for SHS's black players. Just between a few folks here, we're recounting 5-6 incidents, and I don't think you can say that about another town.

Reactions: Cavanagh
That's what I mean: rather than trying to squelch it, they've allowed some rednecks to fan the flames and use their kids' to do it. And, I'd disagree about no more than other towns across the midwest. I don't know of any town that has had that number of incidents. When I was in HS our Asst Principal had coached Southport's bball teams for many years, and he even had a student cheering section named after him: Braden's Raiders. He told stories of the student cheering section from Martinsville fighting with Braden's Raiders over chants they used for SHS's black players. Just between a few folks here, we're recounting 5-6 incidents, and I don't think you can say that about another town.
black kids still are scared shitless of martinsville. For sure improving every year though. Time will change it and we are 100% moving in the right direction with the youth.

True. It’s just overblown on both ends. I spent summers up there with my cousins and I know most were just regular kids that liked the same music I did. Rap and hip hop was popular. Don’t get me wrong though. There is that subset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT