ADVERTISEMENT

McNeely

If you say you have committed what does that mean? Is this a legal document or just a Im planning on coming if I dont change my mind? It seems to me that Im missing out on something because the meaning of committed is "bound or obligated". So does IU just say ok see ya and thats the end of that? With all the money these kids are receiving for playing basketball is there no legal "contract" signed by all parties involved? If they want to be treated and paid like professionals then I think it should be handled with a contract if it has not been done that way. As I said before, I really dont understand the process. All I know for sure back when I was 18 my word was my word and it still holds true at 69. Nor did I need any babysitting after I made an agreement with someone or an organization that I would do something after I said I would.
"One of the basic laws of nature is still at play, deep within our DNA. That is, "survival of the fittest". Oh sure, there are rules and regulations imposed upon the process, all in an act of perceived fairness, but when push comes to shove in this battle limited in numbers at the top, all is fair when governed by the innate instincts of nature. Love thy neighbor, but don't be the dumb-ass who gets caught. Ask me how I know! "
~ Kelvin Dale Sampson~

Reactions: kmathum
If you say you have committed what does that mean? Is this a legal document or just a Im planning on coming if I dont change my mind? It seems to me that Im missing out on something because the meaning of committed is "bound or obligated". So does IU just say ok see ya and thats the end of that? With all the money these kids are receiving for playing basketball is there no legal "contract" signed by all parties involved? If they want to be treated and paid like professionals then I think it should be handled with a contract if it has not been done that way. As I said before, I really dont understand the process. All I know for sure back when I was 18 my word was my word and it still holds true at 69. Nor did I need any babysitting after I made an agreement with someone or an organization that I would do something after I said I would.
There is a story on the Rivals main page that a committed LSU FB recruit is still being contacted by TAM coaches. I thought that once a recruit commits he is off limits to other teams. Was there a rule change or did I always have that wrong?

There is a story on the Rivals main page that a committed LSU FB recruit is still being contacted by TAM coaches. I thought that once a recruit commits he is off limits to other teams. Was there a rule change or did I always have that wrong?
Has he signed? If not then he’s still fair game. Even if they sign they probably have a nil agent. All a coach has to do is reach out to the agent.

Reactions: asindc
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT