ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy begins the process

These people (articles below) no doubt share Cosmic's bias.

“The time for impeachment is the time when there’s evidence linking President Biden — if there’s evidence linking President Biden to a high crime or misdemeanor. That doesn’t exist right now." -Ken Buck, R-Colo, House Freedom Caucus.

That's not what Matt Gaetz says.

Gaetz says the time for impeachment was last January when he says McCarthy agreed to initiate impeachment:

No matter how little evidence there is today, there surely was even less evidence last January.

you can't say there's no evidence when an investigation is blocked.
There is a reason they’re called THE JOE BiDEN FAMILY crime syndicate globally. They are good at what they do. They have their mules like @Bowlmania and @cosmickid obfuscating the truth. Wait for Bloom and Hick to join in. You won’t know what’s up or down. Don’t give in. We’re down cray, but geriatric Joe must pay.

i don't know the procedures for this stuff. perhaps some other investigation needs to be done to give rise to the impeachment, as stated by someone else in this thread re the cart before the horse. what we do know is that a 13 yr irs special agent with the crim division testified that justice dept officials stopped their investigations from scrutinizing joe biden and his grandchildren AFTER FINDING EVIDENCE potentially linking them to hunter biden's troubled finances. "when the subject's father is somehow related to the finances of the subject, in the normal course of investigation, we would have to get that information, to properly vet the financial flows of money, and determine what we end up charging." The other irs guy said they were blocked from running down leads related to the president.

so as i said twice now, we do not know if there's no evidence. they were thwarted. why? what did doj THE BIG GUY not want them to find? Evidence? Bias
If the Republicans waste massive time chasing Biden's ghost, what pet Republican legislation will suffer a lack of attention and fall by the wayside due to not enough time?

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
If the Republicans waste massive time chasing Biden's ghost, what pet Republican legislation will suffer a lack of attention and fall by the wayside due to not enough time?
What legislation do you want? That’s going to improve our lives and not make things worse/harder?

The irony is RICH, for members of the gullible duped cult to say such a thing

I find it refreshing to let grand juries decide if there is any evidence there, and if no citizen is above the law. "Coordinated"? You are daft.

Again, the irony is RICH, for the gaslit gang to warn about gaslighting.
There is also a fair chance that Trump could be convicted of between 1 and 91 counts, but Biden gets to say, " I was exonerated!"

Reactions: Ohio Guy
The irony is RICH, for members of the gullible duped cult to say such a thing

I find it refreshing to let grand juries decide if there is any evidence there, and if no citizen is above the law. "Coordinated"? You are daft.

Again, the irony is RICH, for the gaslit gang to warn about gaslighting.
I’m going to do this for you once and never again because you’re a clown and really not worth my time.

I am one of the people that voted for trump in 2020 but would not in 2024.

His behavior post election is disqualifying.

Interestingly enough I stayed home in the 2016 general and voted for Kasich in the primary.

Wish I could take back my vote for that RINO. Ted Cruz would be great.
So any cult or gaslighting that you think I may be victim to is a figment of your imagination.

I could care less about the grand juries. The grand jury in GA authorized an indictment of Lindsey Graham. You heard that right. Lindsey Graham. On what basis? None really, but you can get a majority of people in the right jurisdiction to indict all sorts of ridiculous shit.

What legislation do you want? That’s going to improve our lives and not make things worse/harder?
I don't -- I'm asking you.

What pet Republican legislation is going to fall by the wayside because the Republicans spend so much time chasing Biden?

There is a reason they’re called THE JOE BiDEN FAMILY crime syndicate globally. They are good at what they do. They have their mules like @Bowlmania and @cosmickid obfuscating the truth. Wait for Bloom and Hick to join in. You won’t know what’s up or down. Don’t give in. We’re down cray, but geriatric Joe must pay.
Mules for Biden? That's a good one. I've been quoting Congressional Republicans.

What else have you got other than your usual drivel?

Reactions: cosmickid
These people (articles below) no doubt share Cosmic's bias.

“The time for impeachment is the time when there’s evidence linking President Biden — if there’s evidence linking President Biden to a high crime or misdemeanor. That doesn’t exist right now." -Ken Buck, R-Colo, House Freedom Caucus.

You willing to go on record that Ken Buck bats 1.000 & you side with him all of the time?

I'm not outraged at all. Infact I think it's hilarious. It will result in an embarrassing House vote where the GOP will lose and look like fools, without the Senate ever needing to hold a trial...

If you're a Republican who won in a contested district in NY,CA or other states Biden won, you are not going to vote to Impeach Biden in a district full of people who voted for both you and Biden...

Look no further than Republican (Sen) Ken Buck of Colorado calling out MTG for being an idiot and pushing for an Impeachment with no evidence...
I didn’t realize Colorado had a Republican Senator? I’m seeing a pattern

We're just gonna impeach every president from here on out.
I think you are probably right. Congress no longer knows how to legislate. All it does is investigate opponents. We have enormous public policy issues that cause long term harm. The national focus will be on Biden and his probable corruption instead of policy issues. If we had an honest media, and non-partisan justice system, these inquiries wouldn’t be necessary.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I’m all for rooting out corruption, be it Dems or Pubs. If corruption exists, let the heads roll. Of course, evidence will be used in this process.

Kinda surprised it hasn't been brought up yet.

Sounds like Gaetz has been putting pressure on McCarthy to get this started or he would basically get a few of his buddies to vote to remove McCarthy from his speakership role. I think McCarthy was hoping to get something a little more solid evidence-wise before taking this to the official next step.
It's an inquiry - there is plenty of circumstantial evidence now and this inquiry will allow subpoenas to be issued that will reveal more evidence.

Joe will be put out to pasture before he's impeached, but it's going to be fun to watch the evidence roll in.

This will be a surefire way for the republicans to lose the House and WH next fall, especially after seeing the televised hearings where the public can see there is no evidence to support this. Are they just trying to blowup the party and start over?
Oh, you're concerned about Republicans now? How nice.

It's an inquiry - there is plenty of circumstantial evidence now and this inquiry will allow subpoenas to be issued that will reveal more evidence.

Joe will be put out to pasture before he's impeached, but it's going to be fun to watch the evidence roll in.
Evidence… lol

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's get it goin. THE JOE BIDEN CRIME FAMILY!!! and televise it!! what i hope is that we uncover all of THE BIG GUY'S dirty dealings and he ends up in jail. BUT before all that happens hunter cuts a deal with no jail time.
Let's see where the facts lead us. If they are guilty then they should all face the consequences.

Then let's turn our attention to Jared and the billions he received from Quatar and Saudi Arabia.

None of this is that hard if you aren't partisan.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Let's see where the facts lead us. If they are guilty then they should all face the consequences.

Then let's turn our attention to Jared and the billions he received from Quatar and Saudi Arabia.

Agreed 100%. If Jared influenced US policy, impeach Trump. Oops......

Oh, wait - it looks like Jared made his deal AFTER Trump was President.

Oh, and there was an investigation - by Democrats. Whatever became of that?

The difference is that I don’t think the trump crowd are getting any favors. How long has he been under irs investigation? A decade. Yet the Biden crew certainly are getting favored treatment. None of this is that hard if you aren’t partisan. I mean damn the whistleblower spent thirteen years at the irs. He certainly couldn’t have some other motivation. He’s not like a qui tam whistleblower

The difference is that I don’t think the trump crowd are getting any favors. How long has he been under irs investigation? A decade. Yet the Biden crew certainly are getting favored treatment. None of this is that hard if you aren’t partisan. I mean damn the whistleblower spent thirteen years at the irs. He certainly couldn’t have some other motivation. He’s not like a qui tam whistleblower
I agree. Let's go after the evidence.
Unrelated, but I think Trump and Clinton both likely hung with Epstein and underage girls. Let's clean up all this mess. But we won't. Because some only think Clinton could do this. Others can only see Trump. This nation is so screwed.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Unrelated, but I think Trump and Clinton both likely hung with Epstein and underage girls. Let's clean up all this mess. But we won't. Because some only think Clinton could do this. Others can only see Trump. This nation is so screwed.
No, that's not the reason there's no investigation into Epstein.

That’s a different story and I don’t believe it. And I have no idea but I would be very surprised if trump and Clinton were into underage girls. Epstein for sure. Trump and Clinton might have thought hey young chicks at epstein’s place with Vegas rules. Let’s go. But underage no. I can’t find the right word but it’s like a perversion that’s not just taboo and criminal but mental. Anyway who knows. Just my guess

Agreed 100%. If Jared influenced US policy, impeach Trump. Oops......
This is where the true rubber-meets-the-road needs to happen though. I can almost guarantee that the inquiry will be able to produce a money trail that proves that Hunter received money and that some of that money is now, essentially, part of a large conglomerate of accounts that is pretty much shared by the entire Biden family.

The problem is going to be proving that said money influenced US policy.

There seem to be two directions of inquiry here.
1) The firing of Shorkin. Unless they come up with something concrete that proves that Hunter / Joe received bribe money to get Shorkin fired, I doubt that this is a viable avenue. There is enough backup out there (UK supporting the decision, the letter from the 3 Republican senators, etc.) to make a solid argument that firing Shorkin was in the best interests of the US and Ukraine. You can chalk it up as an extremely beneficial fringe benefit, but you will need something definitive to prove it was Joe masterminding it.

2) Foreign investments from other sources (China, etc.). Again, I don't doubt that Republicans can find a money trail. The difficulty is going to be figuring out what policy changes Joe has made as a result of the alleged influence money. I have yet to hear of a change that Joe has made to US policy with regards to other countries.

This is where the true rubber-meets-the-road needs to happen though. I can almost guarantee that the inquiry will be able to produce a money trail that proves that Hunter received money and that some of that money is now, essentially, part of a large conglomerate of accounts that is pretty much shared by the entire Biden family.

The problem is going to be proving that said money influenced US policy.

There seem to be two directions of inquiry here.
1) The firing of Shorkin. Unless they come up with something concrete that proves that Hunter / Joe received bribe money to get Shorkin fired, I doubt that this is a viable avenue. There is enough backup out there (UK supporting the decision, the letter from the 3 Republican senators, etc.) to make a solid argument that firing Shorkin was in the best interests of the US and Ukraine. You can chalk it up as an extremely beneficial fringe benefit, but you will need something definitive to prove it was Joe masterminding it.

2) Foreign investments from other sources (China, etc.). Again, I don't doubt that Republicans can find a money trail. The difficulty is going to be figuring out what policy changes Joe has made as a result of the alleged influence money. I have yet to hear of a change that Joe has made to US policy with regards to other countries.
I would think getting the prosecutor who was investigating Burisma, where Hunter was on the board, would qualify as influencing US policy. Look at the timeline.

Reactions: ulrey
I would think getting the prosecutor who was investigating Burisma, where Hunter was on the board, would qualify as influencing US policy. Look at the timeline.
I have. The problem is, you've got other sources also calling for his firing at the same time. That's what I meant by saying that there is currently "back-up". You have to prove that it was Joe's crusade to get him fired, not just a fringe benefit.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I have. The problem is, you've got other sources also calling for his firing at the same time. That's what I meant by saying that there is currently "back-up". You have to prove that it was Joe's crusade to get him fired, not just a fringe benefit.
When have you ever known a political appointee who could please both sides?

Can you name any of those other sources? Who are they?

Maybe they'll be too busy to keeping trying to legislate 'wokeness' from the American lexicon.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT