ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy begins the process

SqueakyClean

Junior
Feb 18, 2014
Kinda surprised it hasn't been brought up yet.

Sounds like Gaetz has been putting pressure on McCarthy to get this started or he would basically get a few of his buddies to vote to remove McCarthy from his speakership role. I think McCarthy was hoping to get something a little more solid evidence-wise before taking this to the official next step.

Sounds like Gaetz has been putting pressure on McCarthy to get this started or he would basically get a few of his buddies to vote to remove McCarthy from his speakership role. I think McCarthy was hoping to get something a little more solid evidence-wise before taking this to the official next step.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! let's get it goin. THE JOE BIDEN CRIME FAMILY!!! and televise it!! what i hope is that we uncover all of THE BIG GUY'S dirty dealings and he ends up in jail. BUT before all that happens hunter cuts a deal with no jail time.

Not long ago McCarthy said he would put the commencement of any impeachment inquiry to a House vote before launching the inquiry. I must have missed the vote tally. What was it?

Oh wait. Never mind. There was no vote, because he didn't have the necessary support.

Gaetz, Taylor-Greene and a few others have McCarthy by the gonads. He's beholden to them because they determine whether he continues as Speaker. Weak and sad.

McCarthy gave away all his power just so he could get the title as a puppet.

While I am assuming that this statement was mostly made in jest, in reality, that has about as much merit / relevance as the Trump supporters wanting the Dominion CEO's to take the stand for Trump's second impeachment.
10 percent to THE BIG GUY. Let’s goooo!!!!

• Love
Reactions: DANC
Not long ago McCarthy said he would put the commencement of any impeachment inquiry to a House vote before launching the inquiry. I must have missed the vote tally. What was it?

Oh wait. Never mind. There was no vote, because he didn't have the necessary support.

Gaetz, Taylor-Greene and a few others have McCarthy by the gonads. He's beholden to them because they determine whether he continues as Speaker. Weak and sad.
As expected you are outraged. Too funny.

This will be a surefire way for the republicans to lose the House and WH next fall, especially after seeing the televised hearings where the public can see there is no evidence to support this. Are they just trying to blowup the party and start over?

• Haha
Reactions: Ohio Guy and DANC

They should make trump and Biden cellmates. Produce it as a reality show by the guys from 60 days in. Be a ratings bonanza. Donate a portion of proceeds to building that wall

Reactions: DANC and Indyhorn
How do you know there’s no evidence.

This will be a surefire way for the republicans to lose the House and WH next fall, especially after seeing the televised hearings where the public can see there is no evidence to support this. Are they just trying to blowup the party and start over?

• Haha
Reactions: Bowlmania
We're just gonna impeach every president from here on out.

We should create a standing committee on impeaching the president.

I don't care if they hold hearings, if he's done wrong prove it and show it. Heck, do it before primary season and we can get someone else to run. If they can't prove it, they'll look bad. As far as I can tell this is a win-win.

This is all about McCarthy trying to hang onto his job as Speaker. MTG, Gaetz et al say jump, he asks how high.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
It's an intended distraction from Don the Con's 91 criminal counts.
Don the Con is desperate to be able to claim he's not the only Impeached candidate on the ballot. This was likely one of the concessions McCarthy had to make to get enough votes for the Speakership, and maybe he thinks it will help him stave off a shutdown. But when you have idiots like Gaetz,MTG,Boebert and the rest pushing an agenda, it's a guranteed losing strategy with Independents and moderates...

I hionestly think so many on the Right are uneducated on the facts, esp related to Ukraine, because they didn't tune in to the first Trump Impeachment where plenty of US policy towards Ukraine was referred to in testimony. I saw MCarthy again refer to Biden pressuring to get Shokin fired, but failing to comprehend that it was official US policy because Shokin was corrupt, or at the very least inept...

In fact in his September 2015 speech in Odessa US Ambassador Geoffrey Pyatt described corruption within the PGO, and the SPECIFIC instance he referred to was being complicit in allowing Zlochevsky to transport illegal funds to Cyprus. When Pyatt basically said heads should roll within the PGO, he wasn't mincing words and he was talking about Shokin, who ran the office...

And the key is that this was September nearly 3 months BEFORE Biden first called for Shokin to be fired in December...

"We have learned that there have been times that the PGO not only did not support investigations into corruption, but rather undermined prosecutors working on legitimate corruption cases.

For example, in the case of former Ecology Minister Mykola Zlochevsky, the U.K. authorities had seized 23 million dollars in illicit assets that belonged to the Ukrainian people. Officials at the PGO’s office were asked by the U.K to send documents supporting the seizure. Instead they sent letters to Zlochevsky’s attorneys attesting that there was no case against him.

As a result the money was freed by the U.K. court and shortly thereafter the money was moved to Cyprus. The misconduct by the PGO officials who wrote those letters should be investigated, and those responsible for subverting the case by authorizing those letters should – at a minimum – be summarily terminated."

As Sen Fetterman said yesterday "Bring it on"...

As expected you are outraged. Too funny.
I'm not outraged at all. Infact I think it's hilarious. It will result in an embarrassing House vote where the GOP will lose and look like fools, without the Senate ever needing to hold a trial...

If you're a Republican who won in a contested district in NY,CA or other states Biden won, you are not going to vote to Impeach Biden in a district full of people who voted for both you and Biden...

Look no further than Republican (Sen) Ken Buck of Colorado calling out MTG for being an idiot and pushing for an Impeachment with no evidence...

An impeachment vote of Biden would be justice. But it’s likely politically unwise for Republicans at the moment given the evidence currently known. An inquiry is a great next step.

Rich Lowry lays out a great timeline over a National Review that leaves little doubt of Biden’s complicity but I’m done trying to sway the ignorant or insane on this topic.

You see it in the way Cos talks about the issues in this thread. The President likely is complicit in a bribery and money laundering scheme to enrich himself and his family by leveraging his public office. We have state department memos that show firing Shokin was almost certainly NOT official U.S. policy and came solely from the Biden camp.

Yet Cos only cares about how the issue might affect political power dynamics. He talks of how this might affect Republican Reps in swing districts. Because after all…… to a Democrat political power is the end goal.

Quaint notions like justice, transparency and improving the lives of your constituents are only for the faint of heart like myself. It’s why they’re willing to initiate and coordinate four different flimsy or unethical indictments against their chief political opponent, why they use to the levers of party power to snuff out any kind of populist movement that might give their electorate a say in who they nominate. Why they now demonize a Supreme Court that they revered for decades because they no longer see it as a policy vehicle.

Once again, power to elected Democrats, particularly in the context of keeping a (evil) Republican out of office, is the goal.

Respect for institutions my ass. Don’t be gaslit by these clowns.

how do you know that? you and we have no idea. that's just your bias
These people (articles below) no doubt share Cosmic's bias.

“The time for impeachment is the time when there’s evidence linking President Biden — if there’s evidence linking President Biden to a high crime or misdemeanor. That doesn’t exist right now." -Ken Buck, R-Colo, House Freedom Caucus.

These people (articles below) no doubt share Cosmic's bias.

“The time for impeachment is the time when there’s evidence linking President Biden — if there’s evidence linking President Biden to a high crime or misdemeanor. That doesn’t exist right now." -Ken Buck, R-Colo, House Freedom Caucus.

i don't know the procedures for this stuff. perhaps some other investigation needs to be done to give rise to the impeachment, as stated by someone else in this thread re the cart before the horse. what we do know is that a 13 yr irs special agent with the crim division testified that justice dept officials stopped their investigations from scrutinizing joe biden and his grandchildren AFTER FINDING EVIDENCE potentially linking them to hunter biden's troubled finances. "when the subject's father is somehow related to the finances of the subject, in the normal course of investigation, we would have to get that information, to properly vet the financial flows of money, and determine what we end up charging." The other irs guy said they were blocked from running down leads related to the president.

so as i said twice now, we do not know if there's no evidence. they were thwarted. why? what did doj THE BIG GUY not want them to find? Evidence? Bias

Last edited:
Reactions: DANC
i don't know the procedures for this stuff. perhaps some other investigation needs to be done to give rise to the impeachment, as stated by someone else in this thread re the cart before the horse. what we do know is that a 13 yr irs special agent with the crim division testified that justice dept officials stopped their investigations from scrutinizing joe biden and his grandchildren AFTER FINDING EVIDENCE potentially linking them to hunter biden's troubled finances. "when the subject's father is somehow related to the finances of the subject, in the normal course of investigation, we would have to get that information, to properly vet the financial flows of money, and determine what we end up charging." The other irs guy said they were blocked from running down leads related to the president.

so as i said twice now, we do not know if there's no evidence. they were thwarted. why? what did doj THE BIG GUY not want them to find? Evidence?
McM on the ball per his usual agreement. That’s what the inquiry does more than anything. Potential access to bank records that Team Biden and DOJ (but I repeat myself) have blocked up until now.

Now I remember much consternation and allegations of corruption over a certain president not turning over their tax returns. Given the smoke this thing has, if I was Biden I would want to turn over any and all bank records that might exculpate myself. But he hasn’t. No one in the family has.

Last edited:
McM on the ball per his usual agreement. That’s what the inquiry does more than anything. Potential access to bank records that Team Biden and DOJ have blocked up until now.

Now I remember much consternation and allegations of corruption over a certain president not turning over their tax returns. Given the smoke this thing has, if I was Biden I would want to turn over any and all bank records that might exculpate myself. But he hasn’t. No one in the family has.
if it were trump it'd be the lead story on cnn, msnbc, etc.

..I’m done trying to sway the ignorant or insane
The irony is RICH, for members of the gullible duped cult to say such a thing
they’re willing to initiate and coordinate four different flimsy or unethical indictments against their chief political opponent
I find it refreshing to let grand juries decide if there is any evidence there, and if no citizen is above the law. "Coordinated"? You are daft.
Don’t be gaslit by these clowns.
Again, the irony is RICH, for the gaslit gang to warn about gaslighting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT