ADVERTISEMENT

Maine Mass shooting: 18 dead so far and 60+ shot

Nope. Springs and mag bodies wear out over time. I've got my lifetime supply.
Your use of "lifetime" in the aftermath of yet another gun massacre underscores your callous lack of concern for life. Thanks for being obvious about your priorities.

Nope. Springs and mag bodies wear out over time. I've got my lifetime supply.
Now wait.

You admit you're buying and selling oversized 30-round clips but deny that you're dealing in weapons??

Can those guns even operate without the clips you are profiting from?

Why do you need 75 of those 30-round clips if not to profit from the shooters that buy them from you?

75x30 = 2,250 shots. That's clearly an obsession for profit -- not hunting, not sport, not personal protection.

Now wait.

You admit you're buying and selling oversized 30-round clips but deny that you're dealing in weapons??

Why do you need 75 of those 30-round clips if not to profit from the shooters that buy them from you?

75x30 = 2,250 shots. That's clearly an obsession for profit -- not hunting, not sport, not personal protection.
So what if he is? And I’m not saying he is.

So long as he’s not breaking any laws, what business is it or yours?

A minority viewpoint based on your opinion. Polls don't really reflect anything.
But your proposal to do absolutely nothing is 100% certain to accomplish absolutely nothing.

Don't need a poll to demonstrate that common sense proves you wrong,

Reactions: Ohio Guy
So what if he is? And I’m not saying he is.

So long as he’s not breaking any laws, what business is it or yours?
Because I might want to go bowling some day without getting shot.

Gunlovers and Republicans don't care if I get shot, or they would propose something other than doing nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: ulrey
Different histories, geographies, etc. U.S. was founded by a paranoia regarding tyrannical government. It's part of our national story and identity. I'm not familiar enough with British history post 1776 to tell you why they became less scared. Maybe because of their burgeoning empire? Because to hold the empire, they needed to keep weapons from their other colonies so started thinking they didn't need them at home either?

By 1776, Britain was a self-contained, established nation surrounded by sea to prevent invasion of foreign forces, "barbarians," etc. The US was expanding into uncharted land, inhabited by sometimes hostile natives. We also have way bigger expanses of land to cover, more isolated people, etc. and were for a long time much more ethnically and "racially [hate the word]" diverse.
Those are all interesting rationales, but it's intriguing to me that the reason the article you quoted identified as the motivation behind the Declaration of Right was to protect Protestants from internal threats of tyranny, not the external ones you identify. The U.S. is certainly in that 1776 British spot of being a self-contained nation that faces little threat from foreign forces, barbarians, etc. It's interesting that the U.K.'s gun control laws evolved quickly and dramatically from a comparable few mass shooter incidents.

Reactions: BradStevens
Dems don’t care if I get shot going downtown tomorrow or they’d stop attacking cops and and DAs would do their job. Sad.
Actually, as you and I have discussed, I don't disagree with having more police protection and stricter criminal law procedures.

But no one can disagree that the authorities would have an easier task if there were fewer, less powerful guns.

Allowing more guns is not an effective crime prevention tool -- few of the owners of guns diligently use and store them properly.

Actually, as you and I have discussed, I don't disagree with having more police protection and stricter criminal law procedures.

But no one can disagree that the authorities would have an easier task if there were fewer, less powerful guns.

Allowing more guns is not an effective crime prevention tool -- few of the owners of guns diligently use and store them properly.
The guns that make up most shootings and make cities dangerous are not those used by “owners”

Allowing the ATF to do its job stopping gun trafficking would help reduce urban gun crime.

Reactions: UncleMark
Dems don’t care if I get shot going downtown tomorrow or they’d stop attacking cops and and DAs would do their job. Sad.

This year in Indianapolis the number of law enforcement officers having to shoot threatening armed suspects has increased quite a bit.

Our Dem mayor has defended these actions and simply says there are too many guns in the wrong hands.

Don't think about being shot downtown or anywhere, but do wonder why anyone would want to be police officer in our community in spite of recent pay increases and all out efforts to hire qualified officers.

Gunlovers and Republicans don't care if I get shot, or they would propose something other than doing nothing.
Yeah, I think you’ll be alright.

Go ahead and go bowling. You don’t have to be afraid.

Matter of fact, if it bothers you that much, you could always carry.

You are creating a false goal: "I don't think we'll ever be free of gun related deaths and violence because some gun control legislation was passed."

That's just silly. No criminal statute is 100% effective in preventing 100% of the prohibited conduct. You are wrong to demand that be the goal or nothing should be done,

Your goal instead should be to suggest something to make things better -- but you didn't do that. By making extreme unrealistic comparisons to 9/11, Islam, and jury trials, you made it clear you don't want any reduction in gun deaths whatsoever.

When you do nothing other than send your prayers after the inevitable next massacre, please share with us what your own personal prayer would ask God to do. I'm sure God won't know what he should do until you tell him in your prayer.
You keep saying things like I don't want reductions in gun deaths. There's zero need for me to have a conversation with you about this since you can't even be honest about what I am and what I am not saying.

Have a nice weekend.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
The guns that make up most shootings and make cities dangerous are not those used by “owners”
Getting rid of assault weapons would make things better.

Doing nothing because of the argument in your post would not make anything better.

We don't have to end all shootings to make things better -- that's a false argument.

Yeah, I think you’ll be alright.

Go ahead and go bowling. You don’t have to be afraid.

Matter of fact, if it bothers you that much, you could always carry.
Carrying a gun would do no good whatsoever, unless it were in my hand (not a holster or waistband) at the exact moment when an assault occurred to my face. However, no one carries a gun in their hand 100% of the time.

Being good with a gun does not ensure that it will prevent any other kind of armed assault. Here's an example why:

You keep saying things like I don't want reductions in gun deaths. There's zero need for me to have a conversation with you about this since you can't even be honest about what I am and what I am not saying.

Have a nice weekend.
Well then be honest and tell us -- would you accept a solution that just reduces the number of gun deaths, without eliminating 100% of them, or not?

Reactions: outside shooter

Doing nothing because of the argument in your post would not make anything better.

We don't have to end all shootings to make things better -- that's a false argument.
What rubs republicans the wrong way is 1) Dems getting all amped up over this stuff yet silent over the vast majority of shootings and 2) we would hardly have a shooting issue if you backed out urban blacks. Our homicide rate would be tiny. So all these responsible owners get punished over a fraction of the shootings that occur annually that Dems get riled up over. Selective grievance

Your use of "lifetime" in the aftermath of yet another gun massacre underscores your callous lack of concern for life. Thanks for being obvious about your priorities.
Can you or I, or any gun legislation realistically stop it? Put away the psychos.
Now wait.

Yes they can operate from 1 round too 100.

How much ammo do you think people can carry? You have any idea how heavy that shit is
But your proposal to do absolutely nothing is 100% certain to accomplish absolutely nothing.

Don't need a poll to demonstrate that common sense proves you wrong,
No because your stastics you will provide are insignificant.

How many times have you went bowling recently?

What rubs republicans the wrong way is 1) Dems getting all amped up over this stuff yet silent over the vast majority of shootings and 2) we would hardly have a shooting issue if you backed out urban blacks. Our homicide rate would be tiny. So all these responsible owners get punished over a fraction of the shootings that occur annually
Honestly, I never thought I'd see so much concern from Republicans about gangbangers killing each other with handguns. You guys are just making excuses for lack of sensible gun control by comparing two different scenarios altogether.

Isn't it relatively easy to avoid being a casualty of the drug shootings that are driving up the homicide rate, by just not engaging in drug transactions and not going down dark alleys at night? Can't people largely avoid that danger?

But tell me what that dead 14-year-old boy in Maine could have seen that would have warned him not to go bowling with his father a couple nights ago? What warned him that a gunlover was going to show up and kill people with a Republican-protected military rifle?

And what warning could the people have seen who that were butchered with a high powered weapon at the July 4 parade in Highland Park , or the 58 people killed with a high powered rifle at the country music concert in Las Vegas or the 19 children (and two adults) that were killed with an assault rifle at the grade school in Uvalde, Texas?

You guys don't show any interest whatsoever in protecting members of the general populace from high powered assault guns, and it's ridiculous that the excuse you offer for your inaction is a high homicide rate among gangbangers.

Have gangbangers started to vote straight Republican? Maybe they should,

Can you or I, or any gun legislation realistically stop it? Put away the psychos.

Yes they can operate from 1 round too 100.

How much ammo do you think people can carry? You have any idea how heavy that shit is

No because your stastics you will provide are insignificant.

How many times have you went bowling recently?
How many times recently have you saved the day by preventing a crime with your high-powered 30-round hobby?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Honestly, I never thought I'd see so much concern from Republicans about gangbangers killing each other with handguns. You guys are just making excuses for lack of sensible gun control by comparing two different scenarios altogether.

Isn't it relatively easy to avoid being a casualty of the drug shootings that are driving up the homicide rate, by just not engaging in drug transactions and not going down dark alleys at night? Can't people largely avoid that danger?

But tell me what that dead 14-year-old boy in Maine could have seen that would have warned him not to go bowling with his father a couple nights ago? What warned him that a gunlover was going to show up and kill people with a Republican-protected military rifle?

And what warning could the people have seen who that were butchered with a high powered weapon at the July 4 parade in Highland Park , or the 58 people killed with a high powered rifle at the country music concert in Las Vegas or the 19 children (and two adults) that were killed with an assault rifle at the grade school in Uvalde, Texas?

You guys don't show any interest whatsoever in protecting members of the general populace from high powered assault guns, and it's ridiculous that the excuse you offer for your inaction is a high homicide rate among gangbangers.

Do you live in the country? And I don’t mean that as a slight. I live in the most dangerous city in America. Shootings take place all around us. Car jackings. Etc. Our mall is full of gang bangers as you call them. They don’t just commit crimes against each other. Pretty naive post on your part

Different lines for different people. No surprise there.

Define “gun control.” If thorough background checks and difficult licensing requirements and extensive safety training then I’m on board. If confiscation, then count me out. Been stated elsewhere - It’s harder to own and license and drive a car. No reason for that.

If it is just about confiscation then what are your thoughts on banning future sales of some weapons without confiscating guns already out.

Combined with better background checks, licensing and tracking of guns such that people hold some responsibility if their gun was used in a crime because they sold it without following change of ownership

My kids and I go to art hill all the time. It’s five minutes away. On a Monday afternoon. You are just a partisan moron. I don’t know how many times I have to remind your stupid ass

Apparently you missed it again. 77% of mass shootings are perpetrated by handguns.
Its a people problem foremost stop being a dick head

This is the shit you get when you live in a progressive Dem run city with cori bush as the rep. And it happens all the damn time. Daily. Way more often than Maine. But your ignorant dumb ass is oblivious to it. And these guns are wayyyyy outside of legislation. So stfu. Get rid of progressive DAs and attacks on cops and we will listen to uniformed morons like you. Until then stfu

Reactions: Cthulhu85

You live in a city run by Dems EVERYWHERE you go you have to be on the lookout. Art museum. Blues game. Everywhere. Can’t take the train. Too dangerous. Dems Dems Dems. Got it? Not a single gun legal

Every single thing business leaders do to make this city safer is in spite of or in response to the F up Dems. Every last thing.

Do you live in the country? And I don’t mean that as a slight. I live in the most dangerous city in America. Shootings take place all around us. Car jackings. Etc. Our mall is full of gang bangers as you call them. They don’t just commit crimes against each other. Pretty naive post on your part
So, then, do you walk around with an assault rifle to protect yourself? I doubt that. You wouldn't miss an assault weapon ban,

The gangbanger/street crime problem and the massive-massacres-in-public-spaces-with-assault-rifles problem are distinct. Neither should be used as an excuse not to deal with the other.

If Republicans don't care about human life in Maine maybe they should consider the economic loss:

-- 18 funerals plus 18 post mortems. (Funerals can be $5,000 to $10,000 each or more). Every deceased probably was given a dna and toxicology test plus imaging. Ballistics tests too. It all adds up quickly.

-- 13 surviving gunshot victims. $2,000 or more per night for hospital stays, plus several thousand per surgery, several more thousand per patient for medications and anesthesia and imagine and toxicology. Time off from work for loved ones of the victims.

-- Closures of several days and lost income for the bowling alley and restaurant and numerous other businesses.

-- Lockdowns and school closings over a large area.

-- Overtime and equipment rental for the cops searching for the shooter.

By the time this is over, I can see the expense being $3-4 million or more,

Maybe Republicans will come around when they realize the horrendous expense an assault rifle massacre costs us.

So, then, do you walk around with an assault rifle to protect yourself? I doubt that. You wouldn't miss an assault weapon ban,

The gangbanger/street crime problem and the massive-massacres-in-public-spaces-with-assault-rifles problem are distinct. Neither should be used as an excuse not to deal with the other.

If Republicans don't care about human life in Maine maybe they should consider the economic loss:

-- 18 funerals plus 18 post mortems. (Funerals can be $5,000 to $10,000 each or more). Every deceased probably was given a dna and toxicology test plus imaging. Ballistics tests too. It all adds up quickly.

-- 13 surviving gunshot victims. $2,000 or more per night for hospital stays, plus several thousand per surgery, several more thousand per patient for medications and anesthesia and imagine and toxicology. Time off from work for loved ones of the victims.

-- Closures of several days and lost income for the bowling alley and restaurant and numerous other businesses.

Maybe Republicans will come around when they realize the horrendous expense an assault rifle massacre costs us.
You’re estimate is way too low

Your people skills are shit but that is a you problem

You are such a stupid ass. Did it not resonate. WE HAVE SHOOTINGS AT OUR ART MUSEUM. MY MALL. MY PARK. this isn’t gang on gang. THIS IS A PRODUCT OF DEM PROSECUTORS AND DEMS ATTACKING COPS and endless shitty Dem policies. We have what happened in Maine 25x in numbers every year. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Last edited:
Reactions: Cthulhu85
Apparently you missed it again. 77% of mass shootings are perpetrated by handguns.
Its a people problem foremost stop being a dick head
So you oppose eliminating assault rifles because doing so would only eliminate 23% of the gun deaths?

Does that sound rational to you?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT